The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Granna

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:32 am

Someareborn: Correct. But . . . . . a picture is worth a thousand words. (There are a lot of pics and videos) AH can't B S. her way out of evidence .

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:29 am

SnoopyDances - AH has counter claimed though - so she now also has the burden of proof. She has to prove that Adam - as JD's representative - lied in saying she lied.

So I think both of them with throw the kitchen sink at their cases.

Have a read of the text messages Adam has posted between Whitney and JD - I can already hear Whitney and Amber on the stand - "I wasn't surprised she hit him because he was always being so abusive to her .... which is why I carry on my jokey warm banter with him ..... as my sister's cruel abuser....."

It will be endless!

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 am

There are two different lawsuits:
Johnny’s defamation suit against AH for her op-ed.
Johnny is the plaintiff and has the burden of proof. AH is the defendant and will likely not testify in her defense.

The other is AH’s countersuit, claiming defamation over Adam Waldman’s comments about the hoax. AH is the plaintiff and the burden of proof is on her.

Plaintiffs and defendants rarely testify, letting the lawyers do the talking. Witnesses and tangible evidence are put forth as proof.

If Johnny wins his case, using evidence of a hoax, it is likely that AH’s suit will be dropped or dismissed.

However, it is still too early to tell.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:45 am

Question: I realize the UK trial is over.

JD's proof, which is overwhelming - jury concludes he is telling the truth. He wins.

Would there be any repercussions to the extent of over turning the UK findings? Or by the VA win, the world would know - even though the media outlets will not proclaim his victory.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:42 am

SnoopyDances wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:28 am
Another point to remember about US trials: the burden of proof is on the plaintiff (Johnny). His side must prove their claims. She does not need to prove innocence or guilt.

The plaintiff must rely on evidence and witness testimony to substantiate their claims.

The typical defense strategy is to discredit the plaintiff's claims/evidence. Or, at least, cause the jury to question the evidence/motives of the plaintiff. The defendant rarely testifies.
This is true which surprised me why she filed a counter claim because now she must prove her claims. If she can’t, then she essentially proves Johnny’s claim of no abuse 🤷🏻‍♀️

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:34 pm

justintime wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:32 pm
Judymac wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:43 pm
I realize that everyone is really upset about this verdict. But the U.K court and the U.S. Courts are totally different. Just because she got away with perjury in the U.K. courts does not mean that she will get away with perjury in the U.S. court. The U.K court went very easy on her for her inconstancies. In the U.S courts they are allowed to confront a witness with inconsistent testimony. The attorney's are much more confrontational about lies. I am sure that Johnny's attorney's are anxious to examine Amber and her witness and confront them with their lies. I have no doubt that one of her witnesses will crack.
Thank you, Judymac, for your solid, straightforward reasoning. I’ve been slipping off the rails a bit since Thursday.

AH did, indeed, get off scot free with not one but several occasions of perjury - some so outlandish they were later dubbed hyperbole - in the U.K. Court. Her inconsistencies were outright excused or explained away by an infatuated clown sitting on the High Court bench, irreparably and singlehandedly embarrassing an historically revered justice system as he awaits retirement. The fine points of that initial travesty of blatant bias and injustice were grudgingly softened a tad by some condescension on the part of the CoA, (“two beacons of light” said AdeleAgain). Ultimately, the lazy final Judgement of the circled wagons of the CoA has now tainted the High Court into perpetuity, and likewise branded an innocent man with a hideous lie, also into perpetuity.

I am hoping with every fiber of my being you are right, Judymac, in your assessment of what to expect in the upcoming U.S. battle. I’ve yet to see Johnny’s team really take on the opposition in court, cutting them no quarter and leave them squirming. I hope they’re up to it.

Just in case, may the spirits of the unlikely but daunting trio of Hunter, Betty Sue, and Jerry Judge infuse Johnny’s team with the courage, fortitude, and wisdom necessary for a jury of Johnny’s peers to unequivocally certify his truth as The Truth, ad infinitum.
I can't guarantee what will happen in the U.S. case, nobody can. However, I do know that her witnesses will not be able to lie the way the did in the U.K case. I expect Johnny's attorneys to go after them and confront them about their lies. They will make it very uncomfortable for a witness to lie. I expect at least one of them to crack under a blistering cross examination.

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Granna wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:45 am
Question: I realize the UK trial is over.

JD's proof, which is overwhelming - jury concludes he is telling the truth. He wins.

Would there be any repercussions to the extent of over turning the UK findings? Or by the VA win, the world would know - even though the media outlets will not proclaim his victory.
I doubt there is anything else left to be done in the original UK lawsuit, regardless of any future legal rulings.
He sued The Sun, not AH, and the verdict was in favor of The Sun.

I'm sure if Johnny's legal team can do something, they will.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Snoopydances: Thank you for being considerate enough to answer my question.

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:39 pm

Granna wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:02 pm
Snoopydances: Thank you for being considerate enough to answer my question.
:cool:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:36 am

Have you seen what she is doing on her instagram? Clearly attempting to demonstrate that she has support (of the bots she has bought). First a picture of her as Mera, now "one dress, four years apart" - I am sure I don't need to explain which dress.

Of course she'll point to the likes to show how much support she has - and by disabling the comments there is no balance.

No matter that you can discount a huge swathe of these 'likes'.

We need to resign ourselves to the fact that she will probably keep her Mera role and L'Oreal. And she'll continue to pose as an activist and victim, never mind that she is a proven perjurer and abuser. I just feel totally sick and hope that anyone who has been abused by her is sickened also and comes forward.

Is there seriously to be no consequence for what she has done?

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 am

AdeleAgain: patience. Keep educating, those who may support her. She wishes to maintain relevance in the media. Okay. Keep reminding everyone of the vile disgusting individual that she is.

Keep showing your support, admiration, and love for our gentlemen. Justice is not always swift and above all, remember, JD isn't done. His turn is over the horizon.

Keep the faith.

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:19 am

Somebody with legal background said on twitter that after the ruling and wording of the CoA we are able to call her a liar, husband beater and that she has committed perjurie, without being sued.
It is quite trending now.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:27 am

Thank you Granna and Reindeer moon - yes most days I check the hashtag of her name on twitter and see the overwhelming negative mentions. I am afraid I let it get to me this morning - her taunting like this absolutely tells me she is no victim. Love Adam Waldman's come back.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:01 am

Granna wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 am
AdeleAgain: patience. Keep educating, those who may support her. She wishes to maintain relevance in the media. Okay. Keep reminding everyone of the vile disgusting individual that she is.

Keep showing your support, admiration, and love for our gentlemen. Justice is not always swift and above all, remember, JD isn't done. His turn is over the horizon.

Keep the faith.
:applause:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:49 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:27 am
Thank you Granna and Reindeer moon - yes most days I check the hashtag of her name on twitter and see the overwhelming negative mentions. I am afraid I let it get to me this morning - her taunting like this absolutely tells me she is no victim. Love Adam Waldman's come back.
Amber Heard can't handle Adam Waldman's tweets exposing her lies.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."