The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Snowcat wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:56 pm
:thanks!: AdeleAgain, justintime and gipsyblues!
And yes, we know that Johnny appreciates and loves women, so he is feminist-minded, for sure!

Granna, yes, I agree that is a disgusting line in that movie! I cannot stand when someone perpetuates that kind of thing in entertainment or whatever media. It stigmatizes Johnny, in a way. I will have to take a look at who was involved in making that movie. They are other ones to NOT support.
I am equally disgusted that "those" L'Oreal ad campaigns are being run again! I avert my eyes!! It's too bad that L'Oreal is no small-potatoes company. The brand is sold in 120 countries, according to the website.
I have seen allot of L'Oreal ads but none with AH. They are using a new blonde.

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:27 am

Wow .... she is a real natural beauty. At first glance, she looks very nice. :ok: Unfortunately I don't know her as an actress, but unfortunately that's the stupid Corna time we all live in. :chill:

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:39 pm

Please let's get back on topic! Thanks ladies.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:22 am

I must offer my sincerest apologies for any offense I have clearly given to so many of you. It was not intended and the fault is wholly mine.

I would also like to thank you for bringing it up in such a direct and non-confrontational manner.

FTR. When I became a humanist a bit before 2000 I extended my love and respect to all (decent) humans. Unfortunately the list of truly bad people grows each day.

I would thank you all for your sage advice, friendship and tolerance. My support for JD is unflinching and endless and my abhorrence of those people trying to destroy him burns deep.

Rather than risk inadvertently adding insult to injury, I will cease to play an active role in this forum. Feel free to DM me if you wish.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:02 am

Inquiring Minds: please stay on the forum Your insight has brought alot to the table - food for thought, so to speak.

You've made me think alot and also smile. (Remember - we are having a drink when this is all said and done - at JD's victory party)

Please reconsider. :airkiss:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:23 am

:agreesign:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Johnny's VA case has officially been assigned to Judge Azcarate.

https://mvets.law.gmu.edu/alumni/azcarte-penney/

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:29 pm

[my heartfelt apology stands. I have received (just) a few DMs encouraging me to continue posting, so I shall, albeit understanding that whilst zoner's philosophies may overlap in regards to JD's lawsuits, they may differ significantly in other areas. I seem to have derailed the thread, and for that I also apologise. So:]

ForeverYoung: Many thanks for the update.

After the UK debacle, I cannot believe that Justice Nicol being assigned the case was an accident. With the profile of the upcoming VA case, I wonder what (if anything) can be read into the selection of Azcarate (other than availability)?

It may be a jury case, but the discovery phase, the court phase and the final directions provided to the jury will be under the control of the judge. Azcarate will be fresh and not yet worn down by endless, unreasonable subpoenas and motions to quash, but I believe TeamHeard will simply exploit this to continue the harassment and quickly reach the "enough is enough" stage anyway. And I think they will probably try to represent previously denied subpoenas/motions, slightly changed.

Even if it is a random selection, is this likely to be good, bad or neutral for JD?

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 pm

Inquiring Minds: So happy, you will stay in the forum.
I agree with your assessment with Nicol.. I believe that will be the undoing of the NGN case. Fingers crossed, on the 18th.
As far as the selection of the new VA judge, time will tell. We still have a year to go. I also agree that TeamHeard will try to resubmit previous docs that were denied. If I understood my family member correctly, the selection of a new judge does consider availability but also other criteria, when replacing an outgoing judge.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:26 am

IMHO, this new judge was a US Marine and I don't think she will put up with the bullying antics AH team has been doing or the submission of documents were were previously denied. :no2: :no2: :no2:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:45 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:26 am
IMHO, this new judge was a US Marine and I don't think she will put up with the bullying antics AH team has been doing or the submission of documents were were previously denied. :no2: :no2: :no2:
I am so glad of her experience with VETs and mental health and addicition issues - which don't equate to being violent.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:54 pm

It appears that the hearing will be live streaming. I am not so sure this is a good idea. So many people will be trying to get in. I wonder if the live stream could freeze.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:35 pm

This is worth a watch. Don't be put off by the length only the first part is about Johnny's case.

Andrea B is a lawyer on twitter. Makes excellent comments. Worth watching for her incredulity at the UK verdict which is something that all the lawyers I know/work with share - no informed legal eagle seems able to explain it.

I also thought it was interesting what she said about JD as a witness and that he just hadn't been properly prepared for the onslaught day after day of questions about drugs. She may not realise but in the UK witness preparation is not allowed like in the US. I agreed that when I read the transcript I felt he sometimes did not give clear enough answers or was a bit cryptic. I remember one part where he is questioned about an exchange of texts with LilyRose where she is encouraging him to give Amber another chance. This was early in the relationship and he said something like "yes she thought Amber was good for me. In 2013 she thought that." Obvious to anyone who has studied his baseline behaviour or knows anything about the story that what he should have gone onto to say was that later on LilyRose very clearly had a different opinion of AH. I wonder why he didn't complete the explanation - trying to protect the children by not speaking too much about them in court? Or he felt from the intonation of his voice it was obvious what he meant? It was obvious to us who have followed by not to others.

There were loads of other examples where I was reading Nick Wallis or reading the transcripts each evening almost shouting out loud - SPELL IT OUT Johnny, spell it out ......

But as Andrea B says - none of his less than satisfactory answers gave any indication whatsoever that he was an abuser.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Andrea is really good and very available to answer questions on twitter. Yes, Johnny had a tough time on the stand on many occasions. I understand in UK he couldn't be "coached" but he could have prepared more, read his witness statements, read her witness statements etc. There were ways to educate himself and prepare without "coaching" violations. Do you honestly think AH wasn't coached by Jen Robinson (her personal UK attorney vs the NGN attornies)

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:37 pm

LBock: Agreed on all counts. However, we all know that AH & Co., are above the law . . or so they believe.