Happy Mother's Day--wonderful Birthday Project news!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great cause.
part-time poet

Happy Mother's Day--wonderful Birthday Project news!

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun May 14, 2006 12:00 am

Happy Mother's Day to the Zone!

Since our Birthday Project this year focuses on assisting Children's Hospice, Mother's Day (in the U.S.) seems an especially appropriate time to thank all the wonderful Zoners and friends who have given so graciously to this project. Thank you again for your generous donations and for keeping the cyberspace cash registers at our Cafe Press shop ringing merrily. We have sold more than 400 items--that's amazing!

On this day, please spare a thought for Dustin's and Alexis's mothers, and for all the other Hospice families who are travelling this most difficult road. While some of us celebrate, others are grieving; let's do what we can to help them.

Now I have some especially good news to share with all of you. Some members recently inquired whether we were going to notify Johnny Depp about the Birthday Project. I have never wanted it to seem that there was some quid pro quo involved, or that we were doing the project in the hope of attracting Johnny's attention. The point of a charity project is to do good for others, period . . . without any thought of recognition or personal gain. So my response to the staff was that we would not notify Johnny because it wasn't necessary and might give the wrong impression about our goals, which were simply to help the Hospice and to honor Johnny by following his example.

Needless to say, I have been tremendously proud of the Zone for giving so generously simply to help the children. You are incredible.

But imagine my surprise when b.p. olive forwarded this message, which she received this week from the Co-Executive Directors of Children's Hospice, Lori Butterworth and Devon Dabbs:

"Are you part of Depp Zone? If so would you let everyone know that Johnny was very touched by the birthday project for Children's Hospice. It means a great deal to him. He has perused the items for sale--who knows maybe he'll buy something. :) We at Children's Hospice are so very grateful. Both Dustin's mom and Alexis's mom were so moved that their children are being remembered in this most touching and loving way. Please give everyone our deepest thank you!

Love, Lori and Devon"

I have been touched by Johnny Depp's amazing performances and supremely kind soul for the past twenty years. I am astonished to now find that we here on the Zone, together, have created something so beautiful that it has touched him.

I salute the wonderful artists who shared their designs with us, and who expressed the spirit of the children and of Johnny so beautifully. My deepest and most heartfelt thanks go out to them, and to the members of the Zone and our friends all over the world who share in this dream come true.

Part-Time Poet
JDZ Webmaster
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

H2H

Unread post by H2H » Sun May 14, 2006 12:07 am

Wow!
Ladies....an announcement....I am up for it all the time.

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun May 14, 2006 12:09 am

H2H wrote:Wow!
Agreed.
:giddy:
I'm trying to stay professional here, but part of me is just doing Snoopy dances.

:snoopydances:

Part-Time Poet
-- J. M. Barrie

CarrieKY

Unread post by CarrieKY » Sun May 14, 2006 12:23 am

I'm incredibly proud to be a Zoner. Thanks to ack, and the others involved, for all their hard work.

Johnny is touched!!!!! *squeal*

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Sun May 14, 2006 12:38 am

CarrieKY wrote:Johnny is touched!!!!! *squeal*
I'm squealing too, CarrieKY!

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Sun May 14, 2006 12:43 am

CarrieKY wrote:I'm incredibly proud to be a Zoner.
Me too, Carrie. We can all be proud to have helped the children and their families. :grouphug:

That Johnny is touched by our project.....that was very unexpected! :smiliewithhearts:

DeepinDepp

Unread post by DeepinDepp » Sun May 14, 2006 12:55 am

On this day, please spare a thought for Dustin's and Alexis's mothers, and for all the other Hospice families who are travelling this most difficult road. While some of us celebrate, others are grieving; let's do what we can to help them.

I can't imagine the emptiness that some Mother's are feeling today. :pray: & :chill:

:flashingheart: It's a good feeling knowing that our donations have helped some of the families at Children's Hospice. Bless Johnny for having put on Dustin's bracelet, it brought extra attention to such a worth while cause.

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun May 14, 2006 3:34 am

CarrieKY wrote:I'm incredibly proud to be a Zoner. Thanks to ack, and the others involved, for all their hard work.

Johnny is touched!!!!! *squeal*
Yes, thanks to ACK and Liz, who set up the Cafe Press shops and shepherded the transfer of the artist's designs to the products.

Our design challenge winners should be on cloud nine--Johnny saw their work! :cloud9:

:yahoo:

Part-Time Poet
-- J. M. Barrie

Gilbert's Girl

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Sun May 14, 2006 3:46 am

Amazing :cool:

es

Unread post by es » Sun May 14, 2006 4:03 am

DeepinDepp wrote:

I can't imagine the emptiness that some Mother's are feeling today. :pray: & :chill:

:flashingheart: It's a good feeling knowing that our donations have helped some of the families at Children's Hospice. Bless Johnny for having put on Dustin's bracelet, it brought extra attention to such a worth while cause.
so true, I just had a loveley mothersday breakfast and reading this makes it extra special and remembers how blessed I am.

Its great news that people are moved by this especially the ones who inspired this, of course mr Depp but mostly Dustin, Alexis and the children without a name but in our thoughts.

hope everyone has a special day today,thanks for letting us know ,

greets,
es
who laughs the last didnt got the joke,
freek&sjaak

AnaMaria

Unread post by AnaMaria » Sun May 14, 2006 4:13 am

:cloud9: 'Johnny perused the items and was very touched' :cloud9: ....Wow... wow !! :goodvibes:

Although Johnny's attention was not the aim, it's very special he knows about it, and one more reason to feel extremely good about this ! Congratulations to the designers and all who contributed to the wonderful project. :bouquet:

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sun May 14, 2006 4:26 am

Thank you b.p. olive and part-time poet for sharing this message . I am feeling ... ok I am in tears reading it ... this week I was joking around in the other thread I never could come any closer to Johnny then through this project , if he would see Romy's/Cara's design. That's really an special feeling :heart:

At the same time I am feeling for the children , the mother's and fathers and families . We participated to help the children and knowing the project was an success was amazing already !

Thank you to everyone involved here ! :goodvibes:
Thank you Johnny for being who you are , and for what you give to us ! :cloud9:

Today I also want to remember the children , the mothers or Grandmothers who past away of our Zonerfriends :chill:

I am so proud of my daugther :love:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Sun May 14, 2006 6:53 am

Wow... surprising and touching news on Mothers Day.

I think Johnny is very proud of his fans anyways. He is always so appreciative. Sorry...I think I am starting to cry. Later...

Endora

Unread post by Endora » Sun May 14, 2006 7:01 am

I am so glad that you organised this, ptp and others. It's the perfect gift really, isn't it. Especially as Johnny isn't the materialistic type. I am quite overwhelmed at this news.
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

bibi

Unread post by bibi » Sun May 14, 2006 8:53 am

OMG... :-O
That's, uhm, wow! All I'm doing since five minutes is squealing with happiness...!
"He saw our designs!!! *squeal*"

I was proud to be a small part of this wonderful project, became very, very proud when I read that the Zone raised money and was able to help the hospice and right now I'm at a loss for words - I never imagined he would actually see the items!

Thank you sooo much for sharing this wonderful news part-time poet and b.p. olive... You guys here at the Zone are just absolutely incredible! THANK YOU!

:heart:
Bash on regardless!