The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
AdeleAgain

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:10 am

I am seeing loads of snippets on twitter from the 'evidence' not allowed in during the Virginia trial. Some absolutely fantastic things and some real sass from Camille and Ben towards Elaine and her unprofessionalism (and the judge giving Elaine several tellings off).

Is there a website or somewhere they are all accessible - I know Andrea and Laura did alot of work on them - but there seems to be a spate of things coming out over the last few days.

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun May 21, 2023 1:13 pm

Jeff Beck and Johnny Depp win dismissal in Bruce Jackson lawsuit.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun May 21, 2023 2:06 pm

It is finally all over

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Sun May 21, 2023 2:24 pm

Laura: Any news from Australia?

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun May 21, 2023 3:04 pm

Granna wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:24 pm
Laura: Any news from Australia?
I doubt they can do much with her in Spain. Charge and try her in absentia????

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:19 pm

People:

Johnny Depp's Lawyer Camille Vasquez Talks Verdict 1 Year Later, Attorneys Still Text Actor 'Often' (Exclusive)

Camille Vasquez also tells PEOPLE whether she'd write a book about the Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard trial

Camille Vasquez, one of Johnny Depp's lawyers during his trial with Amber Heard, still keeps in touch with the actor.

One year after the verdict in the Virginia defamation trial mostly favored her client Depp, Vasquez tells PEOPLE that she and others from their legal team, including Benjamin Chew, still text with Depp, 59, "often."

"The last time I spoke to [Depp] on the phone was probably a few months ago, but we text often. There's a group of us that texts with him and we send emails, obviously congratulating him on the success that he's had in the last year. He has a big birthday coming up, so I'm sure he'll be celebrating — foot up because, as you've seen, probably, reported in the news, unfortunately our guy got a fracture in, I believe, his ankle."

Vasquez adds that she and her colleagues from the trial also plan on attending one of Depp's Hollywood Vampires tour stops in Boston later this summer.

She says the team dubbed themselves "The Black Pearl" during the trial, a nod to Depp's Pirates of the Caribbean days, and they maintain a group chat with that name.

"I'm so proud of the work we did, and it wasn't just me; this is a tremendous team with mostly associates that worked their little tail feathers off to do the job that we were able to do," says Vasquez. "We were such a team and we're still so united and we care about one another."

In December, Depp's ex-wife Heard, 37, revealed they reached a settlement and both dropped their appeals. She said of that "very difficult" decision: "I have made no admission. This is not an act of concession. There are no restrictions or gags with respect to my voice moving forward." As part of the settlement, she paid Depp $1 million, which his team said he'd donate to charity.

"Ms. Heard did pay Mr. Depp, not the other way around. I want to make that very, very clear," says Vasquez. "The judgment still stands. It will always still stand for the remainder of time. And Mr. Depp will be donating the money that Ms. Heard paid to settle the appeal to a number of charities."

And there's no other lingering issues on the matter, she says: "Case closed, and we couldn't be happier about it for him in the best possible way. And, again, the most important thing to us and to him was that the judgment would stand."

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:22 pm

Great interview

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:46 pm

Lbock wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:22 pm
Great interview
From People, no less!

AdeleAgain

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:24 pm

I've been mulling the whole Australia issue and her not being brought to task for committing perjury. My initial reaction was real disappointment - she never seems to be held accountable.

But then I thought (1) she would have dragged him into it with more nonsense and blamed him and his team (2) she may not acknowledge it but she is living with the accountability for what she's done. She's gone from being the wife of one of the most beloved movie stars in the world, to a loathed yet somehow able to get a few deals and be girlfriend of one of the world's richest men, to ........ nothing.

So all-in-all be glad that JD doesn't have to get his lawyers involved again and the press and all of the circus around AH and Australia.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:33 pm

Agree re Australia. She already admitted to forging docs. They couldnt extradite her from Spain. It would be very expensive and simply not worth involving do many international agencies.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:42 am

FYI
The saga has come to an end
Update: New York Marine vs Amber Heard

The judge again stated NYM case is moot since the Judge dismissed Amber’s counterclaim

The judge cant rule on something that MAY happen in the future

Travelers is settling with NYM on their lawsuits
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 0.85.0.pdf

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:43 am

I pray these lawsuit topics are now closed 🙏🏻❤️

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:47 am

:thankyou: LBock for all your reporting!

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:49 am

Glad I could provide more truthful info than the media ever would

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:50 am

Lbock wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:49 am
Glad I could provide more truthful info than the media ever would
:heartflower: