The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:59 am

fireflydances wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:22 pm
This is a woman who clamors for attention and we do her a great favor by paying attention and then commenting about what she has said. In order to get more attention, she will say even more outrageous things. The only way to eventually, over time, reduce her impact is to ignore her completely. Don't watch her interviews. Don't read what she has said. Don't comment on the things she says.

Truly act as if she no longer exists. It will take time. She is determined -- it's the way she breathes, it's how she feeds herself. But, you know, listening to her or reading what she says just puts a person in a foul mood. So, go on an AH diet and free ourselves.

We have Johnny free and working. Ignore the woman, utterly.
You are absolutely right, fireflydances! Every word! :bouquet:
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

myfave

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:23 pm

"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:44 pm

I get wanting to ignore her, but then it's a sliding scale. I won't let her lies go unopposed either.

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:23 pm

Lbock wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:44 pm
I get wanting to ignore her, but then it's a sliding scale. I won't let her lies go unopposed either.
I understand your point. But, everybody knows that she is lying
She is doing a great job of contradicting herself. The only person Amber Heard is damaging is Amber Heard. I don't think that this interview will change minds. I do think that some in the media will continue to write favorable stories about her. All the millions of people who watched the trial will continue to know that she is a liar.I think a horrible punishment for a narcissist is to be irrelevant and ignored. The more people respond the more she will talk. I also wonder if she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. She thought that nobody would believe Johnny and now nobody believes her. You can tell that she is angry, frustrated and desperate to rehabilitate her image.

Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:00 am

Lbock wrote:
I totally agree.

I was watching Andrea Burkhart earlier and she had some disturbing revelations, with an example citing a recent Cardi B defamation case. When the defendant in a defamation case is "judgement proof" (and AH is unable to pay), then she can keep on defaming him to her heart's content. She can either bankrupt him through repeatedly being sued and JD being unable to collect damages (and also make him look like he's flogging a dead whore.....er, horse). Or he can let these lies fly without challenge. Eventually she would flood the MSM with her increasingly absurd claims - and history will reflect this fraud, magnifying it each generation.

For now, she still gets the attention in double doses. To the millions that have seen through her lies she is seen as Cruella, the epitome of evil and she is sure to be lapping that up. She trolled us all in court with her Dr Evil costume and the bee earring. When she feels lonely and irrelevant and a little bit drunk at night she taunts and tweets and engages with Depp supporters.

The second dose is with her stans and blind supporters - many of whom didn't take an interest until the end of the trial and only in response to the outrage expressed in the MSM. These media outlets and their lick-spittle journalists - barking like trained seals, tell the readers when to be offended, why and with who. And the more lies she is allowed to feed them, the worse it will become. To these people she is the heroic survivor, still locked in a battle to the death. Her survival and that of all women depends on sisterhood solidarity. Professor Michelle Dauber said it all. AH will never stop (remember she said - "until her dying days"). She will only stop when she is stopped. And if she is not stopped, the numbers of her supporters will inevitably continue to grow.

Burkhart suggests that an injunction can be used to gag AH. What I thought was her sweetest suggestion was to deploy Adam to shut her down and, I would agree, to mop up any secondary defamations that have arisen as a result of the original op-ed and now, reporting on the trial (and post verdict). This would distance JD from the nuts and bolts. And whilst AH may not be able to pay, other litigation targets will have fat wallets and a higher propensity to settle. Especially with Adam breathing down their necks.

This violent liar, convicted perjurer, dog smuggler and defamer must stop telling lies about JD (and anyone else) and her simps and the MSM should stop spreading her lies. Until this happens, the succubus will get fat from any attention - positive or negative. Its too much to expect the MSM to stop telling other lies, but at least large chunks of the population are now awake to their dishonesty.

Jackslady

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Jackslady » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:20 am

A good example is the Daily Mail’s lead story on their website this morning, “Proof Johnny Hit Me”, accompanied by a video of her regurgitating the lie that she has bombshell medical evidence. We know she doesn’t, a therapists’s records prove nothing, but this is a good example of the media running with the baton she has thrown down.

Perhaps Johnny’s team are waiting to see what she comes out with today before acting to obtain an injunction.I have seen a preview of the third video today on Peacock, she is making statements that are clearly defamatory all over again in my opinion. Even if no one in the world believed her, it is not right that she is being given a platform to promote her lies.

I am ignoring her in the sense that I don’t comment or post about her elsewhere on social media. However I welcome the opportunity to discuss her on the Zone.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

myfave

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:36 am

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:00 am
Lbock wrote:
I totally agree.

I was watching Andrea Burkhart earlier and she had some disturbing revelations, with an example citing a recent Cardi B defamation case. When the defendant in a defamation case is "judgement proof" (and AH is unable to pay), then she can keep on defaming him to her heart's content. She can either bankrupt him through repeatedly being sued and JD being unable to collect damages (and also make him look like he's flogging a dead whore.....er, horse). Or he can let these lies fly without challenge. Eventually she would flood the MSM with her increasingly absurd claims - and history will reflect this fraud, magnifying it each generation.
now, she still gets the attention in double doses. To the millions that have seen through her lies she is seen as Cruella, the epitome of evil and she is sure to be lapping that up. She trolled us all in court with her Dr Evil costume and the bee earring. When she feels lonely and irrelevant and a little bit drunk at night she taunts and tweets and engages with Depp supporters.

The second dose is with her stans and blind supporters - many of whom didn't take an interest until the end of the trial and only in response to the outrage expressed in the MSM. These media outlets and their lick-spittle journalists - barking like trained seals, tell the readers when to be offended, why and with who. And the more lies she is allowed to feed them, the worse it will become. To these people she is the heroic survivor, still locked in a battle to the death. Her survival and that of all women depends on sisterhood solidarity. Professor Michelle Dauber said it all. AH will never stop (remember she said - "until her dying days"). She will only stop when she is stopped. And if she is not stopped, the numbers of her supporters will inevitably continue to grow.
I can’t see how that will even be legal. That is something out of a horror movie. That CAN’T be allowed to happen to him

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:05 am

And now . . . for my 2 cents. Let's keep the faith . . . JD has his abc's. Adam
Ben &
Camille.
JD stated on the tape - he knows this pooh will never stop. I am sure the 3 Musketeers have a plan. In the words of Adam : "patience, young grasshopper."

magpie

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by magpie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:39 pm

I'm having a thought here. . . .
. . if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
--C.S. Lewis

myfave

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Granna wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:05 am
And now . . . for my 2 cents. Let's keep the faith . . . JD has his abc's. Adam
Ben &
Camille.
JD stated on the tape - he knows this pooh will never stop. I am sure the 3 Musketeers have a plan. In the words of Adam : "patience, young grasshopper."
Thanks Granna :chill:

myfave

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Link doesn’t work magpie

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:35 pm

I hope she realizes that she made a fool out of herself doing that interview and people are mocking her all over the place. Now she introduces "new evidence" on tv of what she says is therapist's notes they could not use at the trial because they were considered heresay and LOT of people say it looks like her own handwriting. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Theresa » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:44 pm

myfave wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:21 pm
Link doesn’t work magpie
It seems to be a subscriber-only article. I've copied it here
Spoiler! :
Johnny Depp Through the Looking Glass
Rhonda Garelick 6/16/2022
MY Times
Dr. Garelick is the dean of the School of Art and Design History and Theory at Parsons/The New School.

June 16, 2022

Examining the madness that male beauty elicits.

We know, of course, that men can be beautiful, but rarely do we acknowledge, let alone analyze, the powerful influence male beauty wields.

That power was a central, yet singularly unacknowledged, element in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation trial, which wrapped up this month. Mr. Depp, like many Hollywood megastars, has long benefited from his striking good looks, which clearly played a role in the enormous social media support he garnered during the trial (of which it seems hard to imagine that the unsequestered jury was unaware).

But Mr. Depp is not your standard American handsome actor. He is “a man who still carries the reputation for being one of the most beautiful men in Hollywood,” as Katie Edwards wrote in The Independent. Instagram and Twitter accounts devoted to the trial amassed followers in the tens of thousands and routinely posted hundreds of close-up photographs of him.

One Instagram site, with nearly 40,000 followers, was called “Depp-perfection.” Another, “Johnny.deep.fan,” had more than 30,000 followers and used the tagline “He’s just like a dream.”

It’s hard to tell the origin of accounts such as these two — if and how they may be connected to Mr. Depp’s defense and public relations teams — but it seems clear that for many of Mr. Depp’s fans, the actor’s physical appeal offered an external manifestation of inner worth. On Twitter, hundreds of accounts, many with names like “Justice Served for Johnny Depp” (with 40,800 followers), focused on Mr. Depp’s physical beauty, assuring us, for example, that Mr. Depp “is just as beautiful in real life,” or calling him a “king,” or a “god.”

It’s rare to see male beauty inspiring such moral conclusions. Beauty remains a subject reserved largely for and about women. It’s typically women whose appearances are dissected into countless parts to be assessed or embellished — eyes, lips, skin, hair. It’s mostly women whose beauty is scrutinized constantly for signs of perceived decay or mishap, attributed to aging, weight gain, inadequate (or even excessive) maintenance or other potential crimes.

Women, metaphorically, occupy the realm of faces and bodies. Men are presumed to live in the realm of ideas and action. So, according to conventional thinking, to focus on a man’s beauty (as opposed to, say, his virility), or use it to adjudge his character, risks emasculating him, depriving him of his inner value, his spirit, strength or accomplishments. And so we shy away from mentioning male beauty very much.

Mr. Depp proves an exception to this rule. In his middle age, he still possesses an unusual, arresting facial beauty. A beauty that exceeds conventional handsomeness, and — especially in his youth — wandered into a kind of feline, even feminine territory: a symmetrical face with large, dark, almond-shaped eyes; a small chiseled nose; the highest, sharpest cheekbones imaginable; abundant, wavy hair.

Even fans who no longer found Mr. Depp the great beauty he once was were readily able to summon the images of him as a younger man. That close-up-worthy face helped make Mr. Depp a star, and it has been lavishly praised for decades. “You have to understand, Johnny Depp, 1989 Johnny Depp, so beautiful,” the actress Jennifer Grey said on Drew Barrymore’s talk show. Ms. Grey, who was briefly engaged to Mr. Depp, added: “It’s almost inhuman.”

Consider, too, the iconic roles for which Mr. Depp became famous, created for films directed by his longtime collaborator Tim Burton: Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka in “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” Ichabod Crane in “Sleepy Hollow,” Sweeney Todd and the Mad Hatter in “Alice in Wonderland.” Later, of course, he’d go on to great acclaim and wealth for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow, from the five-part “Pirates of the Caribbean” series.

These cartoonlike characters are all heavy-makeup roles, requiring elaborate cosmetic transformation — rings of black eyeliner, heavy eye shadow, wild wigs in crazy colors, lipstick, top hats — all of which draw exceptional attention to the face beneath. To withstand this much scrutiny, an actor needs uncommon cinematic facial beauty, expressiveness and delicacy. And even trickier, he needs to look good wearing all this paint while remaining a male heartthrob. It’s a tall order, demanding a kind of gender flexibility — but not too much.

Mr. Depp has such a face. He knows how to use it, too. On the witness stand he proved able to evince visible pleasure in his own appeal while conveying just enough self-irony to forestall accusations of smugness or vanity. Strengthening his beauty credentials still more was the supportive testimony offered by his former girlfriend, the 1990s supermodel Kate Moss.

Ms. Moss described Mr. Depp as a kind and caring partner, dispelling the persistent rumor that he had once pushed her down a flight of stairs. That this woman, famous for decades as a nearly silent icon of exceptional beauty, broke her silence to support (and strive to exculpate) Mr. Depp, only burnished the celebrity glow he was cultivating in court, reinforcing the implicit connection between remarkable external beauty and moral blamelessness.

It seems as though male beauty at Mr. Depp’s level represents a curious “X factor,” an almost magical quality that throws off even long-established gendered presumptions: In a contest between an older, wealthy, powerful man and a smaller, less powerful woman, male beauty can help make that man seem younger, weaker, more vulnerable, turning him into the helpless victim of the woman’s presumptive physical aggression (even in light of the evidence her lawyers presented that argued to the contrary). All without depriving the man of his other, more conventional male privilege.

Ms. Heard is beautiful, too, but her looks, while remarked upon, did her little good in the court of public opinion. On the contrary, Ms. Heard’s beauty was frequently held against her, offered as proof of her capacity to deceive. Despite the arguments from her lawyers that she was physically abused by Mr. Depp (accompanied by photographs of bruises, testimony of witnesses and previous British court judgments in her favor), she was perceived as the aggressor — a femme fatale whose alluring facade belied repellent evil beneath.

“Believe all women except Amber Heard,” said the comedian Chris Rock in a comedy special in Britain on May 12. Mr. Rock was making a joke about the #MeToo movement’s credo, as well as Ms. Heard’s alleged defecation in Mr. Depp’s bed.

“No inner beauty at all,” another Twitter critic declared. “You are a liar, manipulator, and abuser,” another shriek-tweeted at Ms. Heard after the verdict. Thousands of such screeds filled social media throughout the long weeks of the trial.

This odd imbalance of beauty “credit” makes sense in a way, for according to the laws of popular culture, a longstanding celebrity like Mr. Depp exists on two planes at once. The craggy 59-year-old of today is infused with the collective memory of the handsome heartthrob of yesteryear.

Ms. Heard enjoys no such status in the pop-culture imagination. And that specter of Mr. Depp’s striking earlier beauty hovered over him in that courtroom like a protective force field, impossible to dispel. “Remember when Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt were beauty treasures?” one internet fan site asked. “However, once they turned to look at Johnny Depp, everyone needed to take their cap off.”

Mr. Depp prevailed in his trial and was awarded $10 million in damages from Ms. Heard (whose lawyer said she cannot pay this and wants to appeal). But whatever defamation may have occurred, Mr. Depp’s career has surely also enjoyed a renaissance thanks to this trial. (Joining TikTok immediately after the verdict, Mr. Depp amassed several million followers the first day.)

His face has been everywhere for months now — contemplated and consumed daily by millions in tiny video snippets on TikTok and Instagram — as if in hundreds of miniature movie close-ups, accessible in pockets and purses. Dior has not dropped Mr. Depp as the ambassador for Sauvage, its popular men’s perfume. The name, French for “savage” or “wild,” connotes danger, even animal-like violence. Some Sauvage ads feature Mr. Depp among a pack of wolves.

In the end, while Johnny Depp was declared the victim of defamation, and garnered sympathy by implying he had been physically abused, he has emerged more able than ever, even at 59, to portray himself as a sexy “savage,” and a powerful, commercially viable star.

A version of this article appears in print on June 16, 2022, Section D, Page 1 of the New York edition with the headline: The Privilege of Male Beauty.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:03 pm

There is a boycott on social media against the show which airs tonight. I suggest we all do the same.
Seeing and listening to her on the stand was bad enough for me to tolerate. No way am I going to do watch her try and convince the court of public opinion that the trial was not fair. :no2: :dunce: :hypnotic:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:07 pm

ForeverYoung: Agreed. It will be interesting to see how those who will watch this interview, will go. Global humiliation comes to mind. She did it all by her lonesome too! Bravo, David Shane. Buckle up, it will be whirlwind of lies.