The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat May 21, 2022 6:53 pm

Looks like her team might be calling JD as a witness on Monday. :perplexed3: :smh: :facepalm:

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat May 21, 2022 8:08 pm

Johnny has to just be cool, tell the truth, be sad and not be snarky or angry, Then Depp team gets to ask. him leading questions.

nebraska

Unread post by nebraska » Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 pm

When Laura Wasser testified she mentioned receiving the extortion letter and a small image appeared on the screen, so it seems to me that it can be read out to rebut Amber's testimony that she "wanted nothing".

Can Johnny also claim attorney/client privilege if he is called?

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat May 21, 2022 9:03 pm

nebraska wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 pm
When Laura Wasser testified she mentioned receiving the extortion letter and a small image appeared on the screen, so it seems to me that it can be read out to rebut Amber's testimony that she "wanted nothing".

The letter was posted on TMZ and was all over social media so I don't see how his side can't use it for evidence to show she wanted "nothing", imo. Her interior decorator also made a statement that the ex put post its on things from the apartment(s) that she was not supposed to have when she was helping the ex move out but she did not know it at the time.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun May 22, 2022 1:29 am

What is so telling to me is that AH has really run out of witnesses whereas JD has had to pick and choose between a wide choice of witnesses - there were other building staff who saw her unburied; Samantha; Hilda - all people we may not hear from although he still has ten hours more.

I saw an excellent YouTube lawyer saying that AH's side totally wasted time having Adam on - all he did was confirmed the plethora or extra witnesses - instead they should have gone straight to the journalists who quoted Adam and asked if they considered him an agent of JD's at the time.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun May 22, 2022 1:53 am

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sun May 22, 2022 8:57 am

nebraska wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 pm

Emily D Baker did a brief video (on You Tube)and said that Johnny can claim attorney/ client privileges.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun May 22, 2022 12:17 pm

Judymac wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:57 am
Emily D Baker did a brief video (on You Tube)and said that Johnny can claim attorney/ client privileges.
Any tips on how to not come across smug when doing this for tens of questions?

Does he have to be careful to give the exact, same statement (“disclaimer”?) in place of a response for each question? Will he have a “coach” as Mr. Waldman did last week?

I think AH’s team will go out of their way to force him to say this as much as possible. They not only hope to uncover some vital info, but also want him to appear to be avoiding/hiding “incriminating” testimony. Both, I believe, are futile endeavors. They simply do not exist.

As long as Johnny doesn’t get uncomfortable repeating the same thing over and over, doesn’t try to be creative or mix it up or feel he has to laugh, smile, “entertain” or in some way “apologize” out of deference to the jury, he will be ok. Surely he knows what the required response must be. He would do well to practice same all day today. For legitimate questions, short, sweet, respectful!

Blow them out of the water, dear man! So near and yet so far …
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Sun May 22, 2022 12:32 pm

This is an absolutely wonderful video by a former police investigator. He analyzes each of AH's accusations of either DV or SA and applies police standards to them. He also discusses how AH performed on the witness stand under Camile's excellent cross examination. Needless to say, he indicates that the police in LA acted appropriately and that by refusing to talk to them AH basically made it impossible for them to treat her complaint as a true case. He does the same for Australia -- wondering how it is that AH did not ask for police when security arrived, did not seek out medical attention, and did not ever pursue it. He gives a rather long intro about his own background but once he starts on the details of the case from the perspective of a law enforcement expert, he is extremely compelling.

"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun May 22, 2022 5:29 pm

JD will be ok, imo. He's going to have to tell the truth about certain things but I'm sure Camille will be throwing objections left and right. The ex's team need to be careful because they only have 8 hrs left but his has 18 hrs.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sun May 22, 2022 6:36 pm

justintime wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:17 pm
Judymac wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:57 am
Any tips on how to not come across smug when doing this for tens of questions?

Does he have to be careful to give the exact, same statement (“disclaimer”?) in place of a response for each question? Will he have a “coach” as Mr. Waldman did last week?

I think AH’s team will go out of their way to force him to say this as much as possible. They not only hope to uncover some vital info, but also want him to appear to be avoiding/hiding “incriminating” testimony. Both, I believe, are futile endeavors. They simply do not exist.

As long as Johnny doesn’t get uncomfortable repeating the same thing over and over, doesn’t try to be creative or mix it up or feel he has to laugh, smile, “entertain” or in some way “apologize” out of deference to the jury, he will be ok. Surely he knows what the required response must be. He would do well to practice same all day today. For legitimate questions, short, sweet, respectful!

Blow them out of the water, dear man! So near and yet so far …
Adam Waldman wasn't really being coached, which to me means being told what to say. Adam was being advised by a lawyer on the things he should not say. Adam already knew not to answer the questions. It was procedural for Adam to wait for the lawyer to advise him of attorney client privilege before accepting that advice. I am sure that someone on Johnny's side will advise him that he is not to answer any questions that have anything to do with his conversations with Adam Waldman. Conversations between a lawyer and client are considered to be confidential. They can't force him to answer questions that are protected by the attorney client privileges. I am sure that AH's team can try to ask questions in a way that does not violate attorney client privilege, but they will have a hard time doing that.

Attorney client privilege is not being evasive. The idea behind attorney client privilege is that a person can tell their lawyer anything and everything and it will remain between the lawyer and the client. It encourages people to be completely open and honest with their lawyer. It is a protection.

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Sun May 22, 2022 9:57 pm

I hear Johnny will be a witness tomorrow. Is tomorrow the last day of trial before jury deliberates?
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun May 22, 2022 10:56 pm

myfave wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:57 pm
I hear Johnny will be a witness tomorrow. Is tomorrow the last day of trial before jury deliberates?
No, her team has 8 hrs left and his has 18 hrs. Last I heard was that the judge said closing arguments will be on May 27.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Mon May 23, 2022 1:22 pm

myfave wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:57 pm
No, Johnny's side gets to put on rebuttal witnesses. Then, each side will give their closing arguments, which is a summary of their case. Then, the jury will be given instructions and the jury will deliberate.

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Mon May 23, 2022 4:11 pm

I missed her crazy doctor expert, just tuned in....
The industry expert is a wild one too. She just tried to make the 100mil counterclaim work.
Her method is comparing AHs potential career with other actors careers which are the same age range and appeared in superhero movies.
WHAT?? Where is the science in that?
What about actual talent and being in the right spot at the right time? As if everybody playing a leading role in Emergency Room can automatically follow the career path of George Clooney! So mad about this :censored:

Also she estimated AHs losses which will "only" add up if there would be earnings about at least 4mio a year, expecting AH to work for 25years. Yeah, NO.

The expert was false on the q-score also. I understood the q-score to measure the value at a certain point, not a time period.