The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon May 09, 2022 5:52 pm

:lol: :spin: :biglaugh:

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Mon May 09, 2022 6:18 pm

I found this article on the front page of the New York Times this morning (5/09/22) and it just irritates the heck out of me. Although the author, Jessica Bennett, doesn't come out and declare that AH's situation is 'just like' that of Monica Lewinsky, Britney Spears or Pamela Anderson -- women who were "vilified, usually over something sexual in nature, and are now being "reclaim(ed), redeem(ed), refram(ed) and reconsider(ed)" as women who were "always misunderstood from our recent pasts," there is a very strong hint that AH might just be destined to become one of the 'redeemed ones' someday.

To wit, "Last week the actress Amber Heard took the stand in a defamation trial against her. She is being sued by her ex-husband, Johnny Depp, over a 2018 opinion essay she wrote, in which she called herself a victim of domestic abuse. (Mr. Depp has denied abusing Ms. Heard and has accused her of abusing him.)" She continues...

"The outcome of the trial is still weeks away, and there are plenty of reasons to express skepticism about either side’s narrative. And yet it is Mr. Depp’s fans who flank the courthouse daily, waving from the galley, while social media — and the trial’s livestream — is inundated with anti-Heard memes and insults, calling her a “gold digger,” “fake,” “bipolar” and “manipulative,” to the extent that she has reportedly had to hire security."

Just HOW is it that a NY Times Opinion section editor, doesn't have the time to research this case? Even modestly look into the facts? She talks about the assumptions of our society that seem to insure that celebrity women are going to be falsely tarred with sexual innuendo. What about men? Are there no men across time whose reputations have been tarnished because of the words and deeds of a woman? Nonsense.

And we, the fans, are nothing but mindless creatures who can't see beyond our beating heart support of Mr. Depp? Years of investigation done by men AND women comes down to "anti-Heard memes and insults"? Frankly, it feels to me that this uninformed writer has just pasted us with the same kind of sexist thinking she complains about in her article. At the heart, what we've been dealing with for years is a failure to see Mr. Depp as a human being who has had his entire life upended by manipulation and fear. If anything deserves further examination it's the wholesale neglect of Mr. Depp's case by serious media organizations. Honestly, I don't think media types think independent anymore -- all in someone's pocket.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon May 09, 2022 6:29 pm

Amen, fireflydances. Amen.

The media will turn up the heat on the smear campaign when JD wins. They will never admit they were wrong.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon May 09, 2022 7:49 pm

She has a new PR team now working overtime to try and salvage that awful testimony.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Tue May 10, 2022 12:09 am

fireflydances - well said and heartfelt, thank you for articulating so well some of how I feel.

I've now watched a lot of the raw video and many commentaries. Whilst Amber's irrelevant rambling runs down her clock and allows her to create more ad lib lies, it also means TeamDepp has to devote more time to refuting these novel claims. There will of course come a point where the lies are revealed to be so ubiquitous that all of her testimony will need to be discarded by the jury, if not formally by the judge (imo, IANAL). Big lies, little lies and structural lies to support other lies. All with avarice at their heart. And malice. Well, malice and fear. Fear of her malice and avarice being exposed to all.

But Johnny has the receipts. And this just makes the shill MSM look even worse. Every slanted story and hit-piece they write just digs their hole deeper. Almost all journalists and opinion pieces in mainstream outlets have failed to grasp the fundamental dynamics of this case and the public's trust in their reporting has plummeted. Not just with reporting on this case, but by association, with everything else they publish.

Yaya

Unread post by Yaya » Tue May 10, 2022 3:32 am

Rob Moreton, an attorney and woodworker has released a video on YouTube debunking AH's "broken bed" testimony. His channel is called "Law & Lumber". In his opinion, the damage could not have been caused by a boot but by a knife and you can see what look like a knife on the photo AH took the day after the alleged attack.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue May 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Granna wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:29 pm
Amen, fireflydances. Amen.

The media will turn up the heat on the smear campaign when JD wins. They will never admit they were wrong.
I agree with Granna. I sincerely doubt that there will be a day where main stream media supports Johnny Depp.
Thank you fireflydances for your impassioned opinion voiced so ardently.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Tue May 10, 2022 2:25 pm

Thanks, fireflydances, for choosing all the right words to tell the now bias-riddled NYT what needs to be said. Hope you sent your comment directly to the Opinion section.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue May 10, 2022 3:02 pm

justintime wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:25 pm
Thanks, fireflydances, for choosing all the right words to tell the now bias-riddled NYT what needs to be said. Hope you sent your comment directly to the Opinion section.
AH just hired a new PR firm. Also, the media will do whatever makes the most money for them. It is a business decision for them. Controversy sells!

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Tue May 10, 2022 3:57 pm

Also, why does the media care who visits the trial? Do they want to critisize people for being fans or waving from the gallery now? Get out....I hope its common practice in any democracy that you can visit trials like that when following court rules.
It seems they are just not happy with what they see and experience.
EB and all the other "supporters" of AH critisize media and people, trying to shift the narrative away from the facts presented in the trial, to a meta-debate. We can go there after the verdict, lets find out the truth first I say.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed May 11, 2022 5:35 am

An interesting piece imo:

"How The Washington Post And ACLU Helped Amber Heard Attack Johnny Depp"

I had missed when the ACLU referred to the hitpiece as an ad.

I also saw a tiktok thing where someone was commenting on AH's first day on the stand. She was saying how AH [me - and Hughes before her] kept using the term/word "pattern" (or "behaviour pattern"). I thought I was imagining it at first, but I was obviously not alone. Maybe they are trying for some neuro-linguistic trick - but the only pattern I see here is AH's litany of lies to support her scam.

I note on TV in Oz the new L'Oreal ("tint") hylauronic acid ads don't include AH, but maybe that's just for the tint version.

I've thought AH has been a consummate professional on the stand. Despite the numerous takes (separated by objections and sidebars), she was able to turn the emotions off, wait until they called action and she dropped straight back into the role. The acting was still bad, but at least she could switch it on and off when required. Some people reported being moved, but I couldn't suspend disbelief long enough to give her more than a 1 out of 5 - maybe 2 for her enthusiasm. When Fox, HBO or ITV do a doco in the future about how AH was misunderstood, they can cut out all the between bits to get a continuous dry-cry for the testimony scenes.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed May 11, 2022 8:08 am

"Someone" sold another fake pic to TMZ about an alleged injury her team tried to introduce but the judge would not allow it. The metadata shows it is from 2012 but she said there were no alleged injuries until 2013. The article says she made a mistake in the UK court saying 2013 instead of 2012. She has lied so many times already she can't get her dates straight. Is there no end to this BS???

She is going to get smeared on cross exam and I can't wait. Her and her PR team are so desperate it's pathetic.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/11/amber-he ... social-twa

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Wed May 11, 2022 10:38 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:08 am
"Someone" sold another fake pic to TMZ about an alleged injury her team tried to introduce but the judge would not allow it.
I looked at the picture of her alleged injury. I noticed that there is absolutely no swelling around her lip injury. It looks like a red line. Anyone can take a small brush and some lipstick and fake this injury. Also who takes a picture with a note "I' shall return" what the heck does that mean? The timeline is off and the injury looks faked.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed May 11, 2022 1:13 pm

Judymac wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:38 am
ForeverYoung wrote:
"Someone" sold another fake pic to TMZ about an alleged injury her team tried to introduce but the judge would not allow it.
I looked at the picture of her alleged injury. I noticed that there is absolutely no swelling around her lip injury. It looks like a red line. Anyone can take a small brush and some lipstick and fake this injury. Also who takes a picture with a note "I' shall return" what the heck does that mean? The timeline is off and the injury looks faked.
She is also smirking in the pic. Who gets punched in the face and them makes a smirk about it? :facepalm: She is already looking bad, imo, and doing things like this only makes it worse. The pic could not get introduced in the courtroom so either she or someone on her behalf sold it to TMZ. Anyone who believes this pic needs to have their eyes examined because it is clearly staged.

Jackslady

Unread post by Jackslady » Wed May 11, 2022 2:43 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 1:13 pm
Judymac wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:38 am
ForeverYoung wrote:
She is also smirking in the pic. Who gets punched in the face and them makes a smirk about it? :facepalm: She is already looking bad, imo, and doing things like this only makes it worse. The pic could not get introduced in the courtroom so either she or someone on her behalf sold it to TMZ. Anyone who believes this pic needs to have their eyes examined because it is clearly staged.
It looks like a cold sore to me. Thank goodness people are calling her out on this :censored:
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*