The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Judymac

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri May 06, 2022 10:05 am

carmelanne wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:51 am
myfave wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:50 pm
Please can anyone tell me why Amber mentioned That she thought of Kate Moss and stairs and instantly swung at him. What does she mean about Kate Moss ?
Kate slipped on some stairs while she was with Johnny - no pushing involved - and I believe there is a photo of it out there. Simply Amber trying to get some doubt in to the Jury's' minds. Ben Chew got very excited about her saying Kate's name, as I think it now leaves the door wide open for them to cross examine her on her relationship with Taysa - silly Amber!
It was a huge mistake on the part of AH to bring up Kate Moss. You are exactly right. AH opened the door for Johnny's lawyers can bring up Taysa Van Ree. I am sure her lawyers will object to it, but AH is the one who brought up prior acts of DV with other partners. AH thinks that she is smarter than everybody else but her smug arrogance will end up coming back to bite her.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri May 06, 2022 10:32 am

I can hardly wait for AH to be cross examined. It will be beautiful when Johnny's lawyers confront her on her many different stories. They will use prior sworn testimony to point out the lies and ask her which version is the truth. Also, if she evades the answer or will not answer the question, the judge will instruct her to answer the question. That will not make her look good to the jury. Also, evasive answers will not go over well with the jury. She has told so many lies that she can not possibly keep her story straight. I expect that she will try to give a very dramatic performance but she can not avoid the fact that she has repeatedly lied.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri May 06, 2022 10:46 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:27 am
Now she's got her creepy "legendary journalist" friend trashing JD fans because they don't like the ex. She has the nerve to talk about physical abuse against the ex when, in fact, the ex herself admitted to throwing punches, objects and hitting JD in the head with a door on audio tapes and never once said it was in self defense. She must have lied at least ten times on the stand, maybe more.
I guess AH is trying to get her money's worth out of her new PR firm. They might be trying to get Johnny's fans to misbehave. They want us (Johnny's fans) to react to it and they are probably hoping that they get some fans upset so that they will misbehave in some way. They are baiting us, ignore them, don't take the bait.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Fri May 06, 2022 10:49 am

"THEY'RE ALL LYING" will be her basic answer :grin2:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 06, 2022 10:57 am

Judymac wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:32 am
I can hardly wait for AH to be cross examined. It will be beautiful when Johnny's lawyers confront her on her many different stories. They will use prior sworn testimony to point out the lies and ask her which version is the truth. Also, if she evades the answer or will not answer the question, the judge will instruct her to answer the question. That will not make her look good to the jury. Also, evasive answers will not go over well with the jury. She has told so many lies that she can not possibly keep her story straight. I expect that she will try to give a very dramatic performance but she can not avoid the fact that she has repeatedly lied.
I really hope on cross they bring up the fact that what is written in red is NOT JD's handwriting. I'm sure they can produce any number of autographs or things he has written which could clearly show he doesn't write like that, nor does he ever do smiley faces and it's clearly a reply to his message. She flat lied her pants off with that one and her counsel is letting her commit perjury. :dunce:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 06, 2022 12:56 pm

A busted lip and two black eyes? REALLY???

She was literally in the courtroom picking at her lip in that exact spot and don't even get me started about the two "black eyes." My father recently fell and got a black eye. It was so swollen he couldn't even open the lid. Not buying it. :no2: :no2: :no2:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 06, 2022 1:54 pm

I am following a streaming channel and re-watching some of the testimony from yesterday. There are five attorneys giving comments on zoom and not one of them believe her. She did this whole big sob scene (with no tears) and kept glancing at the jury to see if they were looking at her. None of them are buying her stories or pics and were not impressed with her testimony. :bored: :smh: :facepalm:

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Fri May 06, 2022 2:41 pm

carmelanne wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:51 am
myfave wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:50 pm
Please can anyone tell me why Amber mentioned That she thought of Kate Moss and stairs and instantly swung at him. What does she mean about Kate Moss ?
Kate slipped on some stairs while she was with Johnny - no pushing involved - and I believe there is a photo of it out there. Simply Amber trying to get some doubt in to the Jury's' minds. Ben Chew got very excited about her saying Kate's name, as I think it now leaves the door wide open for them to cross examine her on her relationship with Taysa - silly Amber!
Uh, good thinking. That way they might get the 2009 DV arrest in. Ben Chew seems to follow a plan with this mention. :girlwave2:

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Fri May 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Maybe this break comes at a good time. The jury may be impressed with her description of the horrific Australia incident and need to digest it, but at some point they might realise that all they have seen are pictures of lampshades, broken glass and a bloody duvet. And no medical records from her to back up her claims. You can't overlook that discrepancy.

Crazy to believe that she "finally" decided to call the police when JD "threw" a phone at her, when she had "survived" much more severe incidents by that time.

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Fri May 06, 2022 4:21 pm

Please explain why pictures of a man sleeping is evidence that he assaulted his wife?

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 06, 2022 5:16 pm

hollyberry wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:21 pm
Please explain why pictures of a man sleeping is evidence that he assaulted his wife?
Exactly. I fall asleep all the time on my balcony in the sun because I am RELAXED, not passed out and yes, sometimes I do fall asleep after a few drinks after a full day of work because I'm really exhausted but that is not "passed out." SM is going to be all over this because there are pics of her sleeping on a bus, standing over wine soaked chairs looking all hung over, etc. I don't care what anyone says, I don't believe anyone would hold onto those kind of pics for all these years without some kind of extortion plan in mind. She knew exactly what she was doing from the very beginning when she got her hooks into him. She can throw any kind of pity party she wants on the stand but an awful LOT of people aren't buying it and I'm not just talking about JD fans. She put on her best crybaby face to the jury in the hopes they would feel sorry for her. Even if JD doesn't win, at least she is finally exposed.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri May 06, 2022 6:09 pm

Someareborn wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:54 pm
Maybe this break comes at a good time. The jury may be impressed with her description of the horrific Australia incident and need to digest it, but at some point they might realise that all they have seen are pictures of lampshades, broken glass and a bloody duvet. And no medical records from her to back up her claims. You can't overlook that discrepancy.

Crazy to believe that she "finally" decided to call the police when JD "threw" a phone at her, when she had "survived" much more severe incidents by that time.
I have been watching parts of her testimony again. I don't see how the jurors could be impressed with her. It was obvious that she was playing the part of a victim. She is not a good actor.

bringmethathorizon

Unread post by bringmethathorizon » Fri May 06, 2022 6:34 pm

I know everyone keeps saying even if Johnny doesn’t win he has still won. I understand totally what you mean and I feel that way too. But, he needs to win this case to complete his vindication in the eyes of the press and Hollywood!!!!!!! Plus if he doesn’t win, that witch will
Get more money from him for hurting him so bad 🤬 If my thinking is all messed up, please let me know. I truly believe he needs to win this case and that’s what I’m praying for♥️ AH cannot get one more penny out of him !!
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 06, 2022 6:59 pm

bringmethathorizon wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 6:34 pm
I know everyone keeps saying even if Johnny doesn’t win he has still won. I understand totally what you mean and I feel that way too. But, he needs to win this case to complete his vindication in the eyes of the press and Hollywood!!!!!!! Plus if he doesn’t win, that witch will
Get more money from him for hurting him so bad 🤬 If my thinking is all messed up, please let me know. I truly believe he needs to win this case and that’s what I’m praying for♥️ AH cannot get one more penny out of him !!
I hear you and I agree he needs to win but I also think the press will always be the press. In the end, it's the jury that will decide the case unless she wins on the motion to strike the complaint, which the judge is holding off on deciding right now. If she grants it, then it's all over, even though there is a jury. It's ridiculous, but it is what it is and given the fact they have lost that argument four times now, I'm not loosing any sleep over her winning this one.

That being said, even if there was some kind of flip flop decision where he wins on the deformation claim but she also wins on a counterclaim, a lot of the press controlled by Murdoch will be all over her "big win." From what I understand, it must a unanimous vote by the jury and the judge is not going beyond May 27. Today the judge went over how much time each side has left and on the average, it's about 25 hrs, give or take an hour or two. I don't think they are done with her yet and they still have to do cross exams. The way she is rambling she could take up a lot of time.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri May 06, 2022 9:17 pm

So many things to say, I cannot sleep for thinking about this.

Jennifer Aniston and Zoe Saldana have started following Johnny on instagram. This is a big deal - Jason Mamoa swapping over, Paul McCartney putting up the picture of JD. It will help him enormously post the case if Hollywood stalwarts come out for him. I cling to the view of that industry expert who said that Disney would do what they could to get him into Pirates again - but not with this cloud hanging over him.

Secondly - I've now seen footage of various body language experts - on YouTube and on news channels. Not one says she is convincing. All say he is believable.

I think (ok I hope) that her team got their strategy wrong yesterday. They had the dramatic build up to the 15 December incident - and she finished with her two black eyes, broken nose etc claims - and we got some pictures. Oh what? Elaine had to point out where the bruises were supposed to be (couldn't see them). If you weren't familiar with this case you would surely be questioning now why all her pictures are of rooms, Johnny asleep, and her face looking less bashed up that it does with her cheek fillers on the stand.

I do think it was a mistake for her to paint herself as the virtuous saintly hero in all of this. We've heard the tapes, it doesn't make any sense. And she cannot help herself but tell such stupid little lies - never heard of Carly Simon? Come on! Taking two sleeping pills is alot for her? We've heard about the amount of pills she was prescribed. Claiming to act with shock at JD supposedly asking her to take ecstasy with him when she openly said she took drugs with her friends on the island. Totally unbelievable even without the overacting.

I actually felt so sickened yesterday - because I hated my reaction. I don't want to be scoffing, laughing with ridicule at someone who has supposedly been abused. I hate what she has done to the narrative.