The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Inquiring Minds

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:36 am

I have been thinking about the last two postings by AdeleAgain and Lbock. You have both managed to keep me honest. You are correct, besotted is not the correct description. He may have started that way, but quickly changed. I suspect he figured she didn’t have her heart in it when she left Musk the day JD sent her his next cheque.
Lbock wrote:

Footnote: I think the people around Elon and especially board members convinced him to stay away from AH in the end.
I would not be at all surprised if loyal employees bugged the Tesla without Elon’s knowledge then presented the recordings…
AdeleAgain wrote:
I agree with what Lbock wrote many moons ago - I don't think the baby is one of the frozen embryos. I think it is much more likely the embryos were destroyed and she accepted a financial settlement from Musk. Would Musk really have wanted a child to tie them together forever? Perhaps someone can tell us what the legal position is in the US on frozen embryos and whether both parents have to agree on what happens.
I agree that Oonagh or little X AE A-XII (or Ash to friends) are probably not from the frozen embryo batch, but until “proven”, I think it unwise to consider it impossible (just improbable). [I just deleted an overly long discussion on this. It is a very messy subject imo and way too speculative without any idea of the actual outcome of their trial. Very frustrating]
Off Topic
A recent pap photo showed Grimes, presumably trolling Elon, by walking down the street reading Karl Marx’s The Communist Manifesto. This is interesting and deserves comment, just not by me on this thread.
I found Lbock’s post disturbing (the content, not its posting. broken up below):
I saw an interesting documentary on Netflix: "Nobody Speak: Trial of the Free Press"

A synopsis is here: https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... al/554132/
This was scary. I noted that it wasn’t for some time that he realised there was someone behind Hulk Hogan, controlling and bankrolling the lawsut, the enigmatic Mr A. Also, the case was most appropriate considering the uncanny physical resemblance between Hulk Hogan and AH.

Whilst the Brooks trial could go this way, I don’t think it will (just wishful thinking). The VA trial delays and attempts to dismiss will eventually run out and the trial will happen imo.
I don't think it is so cut and dry that Elon fell in love/infatuated/obsessed with Amber and JD eventually got the girl and he now has the opportunity for revenge. I think there is more to it (like Elon's connections to Ari-TMG-WB. But it could explain some of it. I think Elon has a huge ego so I don't think it is such a stretch. Seriously, what is a few million to Elon Musk.
Agreed, although the Gawker lawsuit showed how it was a misinterpreted comment that lead to Thiel’s grudge and it was the bitter rivalry between two small-time shock jocks and a studio break-in that lead to the initial Hulk Hogan lawsuit! Both incidents are almost too trivial to rate.

With Musk it could be one thing or many things. If it was the “crooked Dick” comment, maybe JD should also be concerned about Leonardo re the “pumpkin head” remark.

Another connection aside from Ari-TMG-WB is James Murdoch’s membership of the Tesla board. Board elections are scheduled for 7th October and there has been a widespread call to drop James and Elon’s brother Kimbal (mostly over “inappropriate” allocation of director’s fees, so a Murdoch and a Musk can work together). Rupert has just turned 90 and transferred control to a trust that requires the kids to mostly cooperate. Lachlan is tipped to become CEO, but a low probability scenario sees sisters Elizabeth and Prudence backing James. James and his wife Kathryn are heavily committed to climate change and James split with News Corp over his disgust with Fox News and its tabloids (particularly their climate denial). James also used to run 21st Century Fox. With Musk’s Starlink network, a union with the Murdoch Empire would be a formidable thing. Musk’s mother owns a romance channel streaming service in South Africa.

There could be some mutual benefit for the Murdochs and the Musks to cooperate in the persecution (and prosecution) of JD. Gawker may have glimpsed a hidden player, I suspect there are a number of hidden players here, each with their own motives and goals (including ACLU, AH, TeamAH lawyers and more).
Lbock’s text quote:

“I hate that yet again a man let's me fall on the spikes by myself...Meaning. They are mad at me for leaving them and put things like this out there...like that", she wrote.
WTF? Yet again? lets me fall on the spikes by myself? – the only spikes are ones she threw out there herself. Always the victim.

Mad at me for leaving them? – who left who? JD left AH, AH left EM then EM left AH

and put things like this out there? – she called the press for the TRO appearance, and any other time it suited her.

Ari-TMG-WB connections? Elon was subpoenaed for the TMG trial, but Elon, Ari and WB? I must have missed something….. could you please point me in the right direction?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:45 am

Here are some connections I found

This a bit tenuous, but: Ann Marie Sarnoff became the chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. in the summer of 2019. Sarnoff is the first woman to hold the position at the company. She was intent on cleaning house. Prior to that: Sarnoff will serve on PayPal's Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee. Her appointment was effective June 27, 2017. Elon sold off his shares to PayPal, but still interesting connection.

According to Wikipedia, Elon was the largest shareholder (more than Thiel) before the sale, owning 11.7% of Paypal, which netted him $165M from eBay, all of which he in turn “famously” invested in Tesla, SpaceX and Solarcity.
Elon Musk - Ari Emmanuel (WME Endeavor/AH talent agency) - TMG Joel Mandel Connections

Elon Musk- Ari Emmanuel most recent news: "Apr 6, 2021 — Billionaire tech entrepreneur Elon Musk, the newest board member at Ari Emanuel's Endeavor Group Holdings Inc."

Currently: Joel Mandel (TMG) - Progressive Games Licensing, LLC - Ariel Emmanuel (Ari). Link: https://www.corporationwiki.com/Califor ... 54437.aspx
The SEC filing has TMG/Joel Mandel phone number and business address. I think Joel has done allot of financial work for Ari
https://sec.report/Document/9999999997-06-027114/

I am sure if I dig deep, I would find more, but this shows enough I think.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:44 pm

Lbock - many thanks. I had seen Mandel around but was not aware of these connections.

I will add them to my jigsaw, poke around a little and see if I can find anything more.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:37 pm

I forgot to post the other day. AH has filed her final reply on the appeal
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 6-2021.pdf

Fingers crossed
She seems to be relying on that Bates case where it was a 4 against 3, split decision that her's should get reviewed at least by the supreme court that things might change and one day in court (fully litigated same issue) is enough

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:59 pm

Lbock - thanks for the latest update re AH's current attempt to avoid VA.

I don't know what the judge will decide, but to me it is quite clear this is just another (increasingly) desperate attempt to avoid the inevitable.

In the first page it is mention that Depp "litigated and lost an issue of fact". I believe the original verdict was based on the probability of an assault, yet the CoA did make statements of fact - all against AH!

Further, Judge Azcarate has already ruled that the trial in the UK was not fair or even the same as the VA trial (ie parties involved, discovery rules etc). I see this as being very unlikely to succeed (but I don't get to decide).

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:31 pm

I read Elaine's papers and all I hear in my head is bla bla bla. Seriously. She sounds like the teacher in the Peanuts cartoons.
:no2: :no2: :no2:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:12 am

I know this is a little off subject but Aquaman2 is suspended for 2 weeks pending an investigation about Jason Mamoa "hurting his eye" during filming right before JD's ex went to Paris for attention. The rumors are that she hit him with a prop that did not have protective coverings on it. I have to wonder if there is anyone she has been in close contact with that has not been hurt by her. :yikes:

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:33 am

Have you noticed her web of deceit - there are alot of spiders - with alot of connections? Most of which have a major axe to grind against JD., for alot of DIFFERENT reasons? This is just sickening. This has got to be the scummiest group of slime in Hollywood. Is she trying to overthrow Hollywoid & make it her personal playground.? Why are they protecting her? Extortion? Blackmail? What? This is getting more vile the closer the VA trial gets. I fully expected more from Elaine as she is NOT a good trial lawyer, she usually settles out of court. I am surprised she hasn't bailed yet. The latest filings in the VA case, is a repeat; subpoenas issued - again the LAPD & the nurses - desperation. I hope Judge Penny just lowers the boom on her & gives out sanctions - and I wish the cost of those sanctions would make Musk, think twice. About his involvement but I think he is in too deep.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:04 pm

Granna wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:33 am
Have you noticed her web of deceit - there are alot of spiders - with alot of connections? Most of which have a major axe to grind against JD., for alot of DIFFERENT reasons? This is just sickening. This has got to be the scummiest group of slime in Hollywood. Is she trying to overthrow Hollywoid & make it her personal playground.? Why are they protecting her? Extortion? Blackmail? What? This is getting more vile the closer the VA trial gets. I fully expected more from Elaine as she is NOT a good trial lawyer, she usually settles out of court. I am surprised she hasn't bailed yet. The latest filings in the VA case, is a repeat; subpoenas issued - again the LAPD & the nurses - desperation. I hope Judge Penny just lowers the boom on her & gives out sanctions - and I wish the cost of those sanctions would make Musk, think twice. About his involvement but I think he is in too deep.
I read that Elaine was a bully but I never thought she would go to such extremes to embarrass herself and her reputation like this. As for EM, he doesn't care about sanctions or his reputations so he has nothing to loose. Judge A isn't playing games or putting up with the kind of BS that happened in the UK.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:28 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:04 pm
Granna wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:33 am
I read that Elaine was a bully but I never thought she would go to such extremes to embarrass herself and her reputation like this. As for EM, he doesn't care about sanctions or his reputations so he has nothing to loose. Judge A isn't playing games or putting up with the kind of BS that happened in the UK.
I am thinking that I’m actually happy Judge A read that awful ridiculous judgement and how messed up it is.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:10 am

Lbock wrote:

I am thinking that I’m actually happy Judge A read that awful ridiculous judgement and how messed up it is.
The verdict, including the CoA was, imo, oh so revealing. Even if Judge A didn't read any of the testimony/proceedings, the appeal judges were scathing in their criticism of the verdict. They essentially said the verdict was technically sound but fundamentally flawed and wrong. Then they made those statements of fact re AH, and they were not flattering.

Judge A. has, under direction from AH and EB, been directed to the fact that AH is a liar, assaulted JD multiple times without provocation, assaulted her wife and probably tampered with evidence - all within the context of being a witness, not even the defendant. You only do that when you have something to hide. Throw in perjury and dog smuggling convictions in Australia and she has already seriously undermined her credibility.

If the scathing comments of the judges in the CoA prompted her to investigate issues of impartiality of the trial judge, she would have run across the NGN-Wootton-Palmer connection.

Any comparison of court transcipts to verdict and then to CoA would clearly reveal some of the misdirections, character assassination and outright lies (eg donations) used by AH to avoid being held to account. Its a bit like a vaccine to AH's lies imo, and a peek inside her playbook. I have no doubt that all the games played so far have not impressed the judge and I think she is probably pretty tuned into these legal gymnastics. She may decide to lower the boom on the delays and evasions or be allowing AH enough rope to hang herself, whatever I think Penny is on top of it all.

Kathelyndecoke

Unread post by Kathelyndecoke » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:46 am

Off topic, sorry, but here in France the "Bettencourt affair " made the headlines for years. The heiress of l'oréal empire bring a lawsuit against François-Marie Banier a photographer for "weakness abuse" as he was gifted millions from her billionaire mother and was supposed to inherit a huge part of the empire. François-Marie is a close Paradis /Depp friend (rumor has it Vanessa reached to him after having a massive crush on Johnny during a viper room visit, begging F-M to invite her to his birthday party knowing Johnny will attend...)

He is also supposed to be Lily's godfather.

So maybe that link is playing a part in l'oreal inexplicable support... maybe not.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:49 pm

Kathelyndecoke wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:46 am
Off topic, sorry, but here in France the "Bettencourt affair " made the headlines for years. The heiress of l'oréal empire bring a lawsuit against François-Marie Banier a photographer for "weakness abuse" as he was gifted millions from her billionaire mother and was supposed to inherit a huge part of the empire. François-Marie is a close Paradis /Depp friend (rumor has it Vanessa reached to him after having a massive crush on Johnny during a viper room visit, begging F-M to invite her to his birthday party knowing Johnny will attend...)

He is also supposed to be Lily's godfather.

So maybe that link is playing a part in l'oreal inexplicable support... maybe not.
I had also read that. And that he was supposed to be Lily's true godfather.

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:16 pm

It looks as though Judge Azcarate has decided that the VA Case will continue.

Last edited by Moonbeam on Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:17 pm