The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:45 pm

I agree where Whitney slept is not relevant to the domestic violence but it proves her as not being a credible witness because she clearly lied on the stand under oath. As for AOE, Amber received an award, gave a speech and talked about how much the charity meant to her but when it came time for her to support them she did nothing and this proves her character is all about herself. Jennifer said she asked Amber's PR why they did not get a donation and she was told the reason was because the other ones would get Amber more attention.

I know I am the minority here about what I said about Jennifer, and that's ok. I stand by what I said and my opinion is not going to change but this is really just karma coming around anyway.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Can't disagree with you on credibility of the witness nor AH's character!

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:26 am

The newspapers keep copying each other at the moment claiming that Johnny is either about to, or have just "launched" "a fresh new lawsuit" against Amber in the US.
He hasn't. It's the Virginia case they are writing about.
I have only read the first of these pieces of waste of newspaper columns, and that wailed "Will Johnny Depp EVER stop?" And told the reader that AH fears that he will go on harassing her for ever ...
So in short: the same old same old :facepalm:

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:12 am

I hear you meeps. My frustration level has also risen over lazy and inaccurate media reporting. Trying to explain to friends and family that what they hear or read about Johnny by the media is not to be taken as fact has been quite the daunting job. I wonder how many of these slanted articles are being influenced by AH's PR. Her new team has been strongly pushing their smear campaign against Johnny so this doesn't surprise me how negative news is recycled over and over between tabloids and crappy news outlets. Her fears are escalating so she has nowhere else to turn to now except the media to sway public opinion. She gets the media to slam Johnny while her PR covers stories about her vacationing and hinting at upcoming work, which is meager at best. When the judge's ruling comes in and proves Johnny is not an abuser, I believe the focus won't be so much on the SUN loosing but how AH is a liar. Then, maybe the public will understand how Johnny suing the liar makes so much sense.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:21 pm

More updates in Fairfax.

Depp Team has asked that the trial date be moved to sometime between March and June 2021. Warner Brothers has set FB3 shooting schedule for October through Feburary 2021. They also cited AH late filing for her Counter claim.

In addition they have stated they plan to file a Demurrer and a Plea-in-Bar specifically for the Defamation as it appears to be time barred.

Depp team has also Subponaed Natasha Brooks who appears to be associated with Art of Elysium
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/h ... file-cases

Oh Update: Did I mention she intends to Subpoena Adam Waldman, which Depp team will oppose, of course.
Last edited by Lbock on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:32 pm

LBock:

Can you elaborate a little on paragraph 2 and 3 of your statement ?

Time barred statements (Bots- instagram) ?

Who is Brooks?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:44 pm

Natasha Brooks works for Art of Elysium. She goes by Tash and Jenifer Howell mentioned "Tash" in her letter to Whitney.

Time Barred - You have a statue of limitations to bring a lawsuit against an allegation. The time for defamation is one year and the GQ article was well before that. (Plea in Bar). Basically they have no grounds for this claim.
Plea in Bar
A plea in bar is a pleading which alleges a single state of facts or circumstances (usually not
disclosed or disclosed only in part by the complaint) which, if proven, constitutes an absolute bar
to a claim or claims. Typical examples of matters appropriate for a plea in bar involve affirmative defenses such as statute of limitations, statute of frauds, and accord and satisfaction. See,
e.g., Nelms v. Nelms, 236 Va. 281, 289 (1988); Kelly v. R.S. Jones & Assocs., 242 Va. 79 (1991).
Many practitioners fail to recognize that the plea in bar can be just as powerful as a motion for
summary judgment in federal practice. Virginia permits the court to hear matters outside the
pleadings with respect to pleas in bar, through trial-style evidence, and the issues may be tried
to a jury. While Virginia prohibits the use of depositions and affidavits in support of a motion
for summary judgment, there is no similar prohibition for pleas in bar. It is important, however,
to keep in mind that there is no prohibition against the use of depositions to oppose summary
judgement. The burden of establishing the grounds of defense asserted in a plea is on the party
raising it. Cooper Indus., Inc. v. Melendez, 260 Va. 578 (2000).
A Demurrer and Plea in Bar are vehicles for dismissal. Remember, AH already filed her Demurrer and it took months for the judge to rule on it, which he denied.
Demurrer
A demurrer is a pleading in which a party challenges the legal sufficiency of the opposing pleading
and demands the judgment of the court on the matter before proceeding further. Va. Code Ann.
§ 8.01-273(A); Dean v. Dearing, 263 Va. 485 (2002); Fuste v. Riverside Healthcare Association,
265 Va. 127 (2003). Similar to a federal motion to dismiss, a demurrer tests whether the plaintiff’s
pleading states a cause of action upon which relief can be granted. See Welding, Inc. v. Bland
County Service Authority, 261 Va. 218 (2001). On demurrer, a court may consider the substantive
allegations of the pleading, in addition to any documents that accompany or are mentioned in the
pleading. See Flippo v. F&L Land Co., 241 Va. 15 (1991) (citing Va. Sup. Ct. R. 1:4(i)).
A court must take as true all material facts properly pled in a claim, including facts explicitly
alleged and those fairly inferred from the facts alleged. See Catercorp, Inc. v. Catering Concepts,
Inc., 246 Va. 22 (1993). While the Supreme Court of Virginia has repeatedly instructed that cases
are not to be “short-circuited” if the pleadings inform the other side of the nature and character
of the claim, demurrers nevertheless are an important tool in dismissing flawed claims. Moreover,
they are routinely more effective than motions for summary judgement even where the same
discrete legal arguments are presented.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Thank you very much for the explanation. I appreciate it very much.
Last edited by Granna on Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:07 pm

Granna wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:00 pm
Thank you very much for the explanation. I appreciate it very much.
You are most welcome!

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:42 am

This is worth spreading around - it had only just gone up when I came across it - someone who was at court outside everyday and who filmed, disputing that anything was thrown at AH's car as she has allegedly alleged (I say that because it has been reported in the Sun, the person doing the commentary says he can't find this filed in US court).

All of this current round of really bad, cheap PR really does just make her look petulant, as if she somehow expects by right to have support and that she cannot believe people love and support JD. Reminds me of footage I have seen of her at one of the premiers for Danish Girl when she gets out of the car with Johnny and everyone shouts for him. What we now know of course is that she insisted he came with her when he didn't want to overshadow Eddie Redmayne - and then she looks so irritated that everyone wants to see him.

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:28 pm

AH can Not stand Johnny's fans and fame. I know she was livid that Johnny got flowers thrown at his car and that he was inundated with fans!! :harhar: So, now she has to make something up about stuff being thrown at her car to try to remain viable and get attention!! :nosmile:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:02 pm

There was one premiere where A.H. threw a tantrum because Johnny was talking to a woman. She made a scene in front of everybody. I can't remember what premiere this happened. It is funny that AH says that Johnny was super jealous when it seems she is the one who was and is jealous of him.

She is so clearly delusional. She can not even tell the truth when there is video footage proving she is a liar.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:50 pm

Johnny Depp legal team have filed the Demurrer and Plea in Bar. Andrea on twitter is a great Legal resource (lawyer) and has this to say. Check out the thread

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:57 pm

The ex's PR and new lawyer are not doing her any favors right now. :smh: :facepalm: :dunce: Her cross claims are pathetic and I have no doubt he will win with his response.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:12 am

Why do Johnny Depp supporters fight for him?. We’ve read the responses in bits and pieces all over Twitter recently. Good to read some of the best and most eloquent all in one place - and not a single “Bot” among them:

Thanks to Deborah Handover @medium.com
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot