The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Larkwoodgirl

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Larkwoodgirl » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 pm

The picture does not look like an airplane bedroom. It had pictures hung on the wall, which you would never see in an airplane. Things fall of walls during turbulence. I think it was taken somewhere else.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:35 pm

That photo was not claimed to be on a plane.
The tweets from @nickwallis seem to imply it was taken during a detox. To me, it wasn't clear what point NGN barrister was making.
You can read the group of tweets starting here.

Larkwoodgirl

Unread post by Larkwoodgirl » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Ok, thanks for the clarification
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Maybe because he spent so much time sleeping on bathroom floors to avoid her it just seemed natural at the time, poor thing. :grouphug: But it's good to know he is away from her and refused when she asked him to hug her. :hills:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 am

Interesting stuff from actor/writer/photographer D Daniels

https://t.co/TBxlWU6XWi

So called metadata says Mar 18, paper came out Mar 21. 💀

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 am

Good gracious - does someone know how to get this to his team to verify? Someone tweet Adam in a way that he actually reads it as I am sure he is getting all sorts of helpful advice! This is exactly the type of thing that needs to be explained when AH is on the stand.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 am

I noticed in the staged photo that the tobacco pouch is new. Probably opened once to roll the cigarette that was also used as a prop.

I picture JD heading off in the morning to some work related activity. Amber gets up, sees another opportunity to build her "corroborating evidence" archive. Damn, he took his tobacco with him (obviously). So she throws on some clothes, goes out, buys the tobacco, picks up a coffee at Infinity and grabs a copy of yesterday's newspaper from the apartment lobby (or the coffee shop or where ever a free copy was lying around). After setting it all up, all that was needed was to drop the "Robbed Blind" CD as a "subtle" signature and snap the pic. Her reflection shows she was using an SLR, so was that her phone on the table and is there any way to tell? I don't actually see any indication that Johnny was even in the country let alone that room.

If there are appropriate reflective spherical surfaces they contain a complete wraparound image of the room and can be unwrapped with the right software (or lens). Highly curved but non-spherical surfaces can also provide a very wide angle of view. Was there anyone else in the room? I don't have the software to hand myself, nor a hi-res image to work with.

Did she have help and how long would it take to stage this photo? Given how long she has taken to construct this whole fiction and the number of items involved, this is one obsessive individual. And she is pursuing it with full (if incompetent) diligence. I can't see her putting in this amount of effort just to destroy JD - that was just an added bonus, the coup de grace, a fond memory to bring her joy and a smile in her old age. Her primary goal was his wealth, as demonstrated by her divorce extortion demand.

Many, many things upset me about the questioning. It is a form of abuse itself imo. Its as if saying something often enough will make it real. Their lengthy coverage of alcohol and drug use is obviously intended to forge a causal link with assault, purely by repetition rather than any evidence. If they can show drugs and alcohol, they expect us (and the Judge) to fill in the rest of the sordid image ourselves. I have loved JD's responses so far, especially concerning his problem with humour LOL. The image of him holding boo out the window and cackling with a maniacial "muhahaha" was hilarious and a classic example of how narrative can be used in lieu of reality and fact. If they had said it was the other dog, they could say he did a drive-by, threatening pedestrians by waving a pistol out the window (apologies for that one, but they are really pushing things with their lies and distortions).

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:18 am

Is that a coffee mug on the table or something else?

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:24 am

I noticed something about the third photo, the newspaper that was previously on the left is in the third photo on the right. For me a lot of information that the photos were staged. Or am I wrong?

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:39 am

The questioning about the drugs keeps going today. It's all they've got, that's it, that's why they keep going on and on and on. Glad Johnny described one of the times Heard withheld his meds, one of the worst withdrawal experiences he's had.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 am

I've just caught up and read through the questioning about Australia - it sounds like he did well - just kept saying no, disagree, didn't happen. It is all you can do - she is trying to trip him up. But he was really consistent especially on timings. He's also all the more believable to me because he does admit to things - yes he may have accused her of having an affair with BBT.

Of course they played one part of the tape - and if any one of us had been asked we could have told you which bit - where Jerry says he has never seen him this bad. Of course he hadn't - his finger had been chopped off.

Just breathe. Frustrating of course that his QC can't jump up and shout "Ah ha - but let's listen to the rest of the tape shall we - where independent witnesses talk about her; where she cries how sorry she is, where she stamps around on oh-so-injured feet".

But his turn will come.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:39 am

The lawyer for The Sun is snotty. She keeps throwing things at him hoping he will agree with her but he's staying tough. She has no idea who she is dealing with. He's been dealing with this kind of banter in Hollywood for years.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:10 am

To be fair I think the Sun's lawyer is just doing her job. To her it's a job. This is a legal process. I don't think people insulting her on line is a good thing - I think making the point that she is hammering the drug issue in the absence of any real evidence is however fair. She is putting AH's story to him - he just has to politely say - as he has been "respectfully I disagree". The judge will use his transcript of his time of the stand against the evidence. So the Sun's only game as far as I can see is "he blacked out all the time and beat her up". Surely that's not evidence.

The difficulty for JD is that his barrister cannot go at AH in quite the same way - it would allow her to play the victim. But I am sure they are very experienced in dealing with these nuances and difficulties.

And she has to answer/explain the evidence particularly her own words on her own recordings. We know she'll come up with something, but it's damming.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:26 am

Might be her job but when he tells her he was in pain and she tells him "no you weren't", or that sort of BS, it's out of line. Anyway, they're right now recounting the finger tip incident and Johnny is handling it super well it seems.

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:20 am

I recently saw a picture of Johnny being taken on a stretcher to a hospital with his hand injury.
There was a cigarette burn on his face.

No way would a Hollywood actor deliberately injure his own face. It's further evidence of Heard being abusive.