Fantastic news! Johnny Depp says "Thank you" to the Zone!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a Wisconsin children's hospital.
DeboraZane

Re: Fantastic news! Johnny Depp says "Thank you" to the Zone!

Unread post by DeboraZane » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:02 am

Theresa, actually I am so very happy this came up- thank you so very much for that clip-I had never seen that and I think it does kind of in a sense relate to the topic of Johnny respecting and honoring his admirers. :angel: ... :bounce: :highfive:

I agree with you b.p. olive and kittycat88- it is another show of respect towards us (his admirers)...it sounds to me like he is afraid the word fan will be mis-interpreted as "fanatic"... he gets it!! (no surprise)..he has deep respect for us (his admireres or followers of his career and movies) as evidenced in this clip....he acknowledges that we are able to miraculousy sift through the BS and that we know who he is...he also says we are amazing :grouphug:
(Actually when I say "we" I mean the rest of you, not me...I just got here 6 months ago, but luckily in time to make a donation to the birthday project)...

Just more reasons why he is such an admirable person that I adore...he is living testament to the kindness that exists in the human soul....and by golly, yes, kittycat88, I agree- I too think he means us right here on the Zone..yippee!!! :disco: :cloud9:
It's man devouring man my dear..then who are we to deny it in here?

Inthezone

Unread post by Inthezone » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:21 am

Theresa wrote:"Hate" may have been too strong of a word, DeboraZane....I don't want to stray too far off the topic, but FYI -- here's the AOL Unscripted video clip where Johnny talks about fans.
[center]Theresa, do you think it's possible that you could wear out both the monitor and speakers watching that video clip over and over? I think it notable to say that Johnny seems genuinely impressed by the wealth of knowledge exhibited on the "admirer" sites and talks of "us" with respect.

I agree with Kitty - I just know he's referring to the Zone! I feel it.
[/center]
:grouphug:
"For certain you must be lost to find the place what can't be found. Elseways everyone would know where it was." ~ Hector Barbossa

DeniseB

Unread post by DeniseB » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:37 am

Wow, I'd never seen that video before so thanks for sharing! As for the letter it was absolutely beautiful. I don't post here often, but I have been a member for a few years now. This makes me even more proud to be a Zoner (even if I'm not as active as a lot of other members, lol). God bless.
"Jack Sparrow...me knew de wind blow ya back to me one day!"

"Oh bugger!"

"I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt."

lizabel

Unread post by lizabel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanks for posting that lovely clip again Theresa - never tire of hearing/seeing that *sigh*.. (and I agree, it was aimed at the Zone - no doubting it!)

I'm also nodding in agreement each time I read this thread, with everything you all say. Thank you for putting it into words that I could not!

(see I still cant do it :blush: )

Such a lovely, lovely man, is our Johnny. :cloud9:

If the timing's right and the gods are with you, something special happens. ~Rick Springfield~
17th April 2007-It happened.

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Inthezone wrote:
Theresa wrote:"Hate" may have been too strong of a word, DeboraZane....I don't want to stray too far off the topic, but FYI -- here's the AOL Unscripted video clip where Johnny talks about fans.
[center]Theresa, do you think it's possible that you could wear out both the monitor and speakers watching that video clip over and over? I think it notable to say that Johnny seems genuinely impressed by the wealth of knowledge exhibited on the "admirer" sites and talks of "us" with respect.

I agree with Kitty - I just know he's referring to the Zone! I feel it.
[/center]
What a 'feel good' thread this is :goodvibes:

ItZ ~ I discoverd last week how I can save clips as mp3 and put this very clip on my ipod,
I can listen to it over and over again. I surtainly think the Zone is one of the few websites that fitts his discription :chill: :grouphug:

Theresa, thank you also, for all your work you put into the Birthday Project :thanks!: :hug:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Anna

Unread post by Anna » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:35 pm

DeboraZane wrote: (Actually when I say "we" I mean the rest of you, not me...I just got here 6 months ago, but luckily in time to make a donation to the birthday project)...

"we", "us", "our"... it all includes each and every member who adheres and contributes to The Zone spirit, and the amount of time you've spent here is not of much consequence, IMO. Quality over quantity. Your above post proves you're part of the JDZ community.
One minute I’m mushing along with the huskies as usual, and all of a sudden it’s global warming.

DeboraZane

Unread post by DeboraZane » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Thank you Anna :angel:

I am still :cloud9:
over the letter and now
:bounce:
to see this clip of Johnny talking about his admirers and us here at the Zone.
Thanks so very much :disco:
It's man devouring man my dear..then who are we to deny it in here?

Lady Jill

Unread post by Lady Jill » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Oh, Thanks Theresa: I had never watched that video. And oh yes, I really feel he was speaking about the Zone. . .to think that he feels we really know him and can cut to the truth!
And I too agree this adds a lot to his letter, which is now copied out and on my refrigerator!

Lady Jill
" After we're gone, the only thing that matters is the love we left behind."

elizard

Unread post by elizard » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:20 pm

I am in bits here ... this is a man who brings so much joy to so many people yet HE thanks US. I remember in London at the Sweeney premiere he blessed us all and said to say 'thank you' to the Zone ... and yet that is still not enough for him.
I didn't set out to be Captain Weird.

gretchen

Unread post by gretchen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Once again, I am completely UNDONE by Johnny! Words fail --- except for a most heartfelt thank YOU, Johnny, for being everything you are.

And - thanks to Theresa for posting that clip from "Unscripted." I had not saved it earlier - why I don't know - but now can savor it whenever I want to.
"Close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream. That's how I get by." Captain Jack Sparrow

[Avatar courtesy of The Black Pearl at KTTC.com]

Fainting Goat Ed

Unread post by Fainting Goat Ed » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Thats so cool :disco: Johnny is awesome !
What is that?
It's fop.
Heather_Hanson made my avatar

Scout

Unread post by Scout » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:28 pm

I am undone by everything!

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Anna wrote: :grin: :truefan: :goodvibes:

Congratulations to all of us and especially to you, Natalie, and your great staff for once again organising and inspiring the Birthday Project. We ARE a special bunch!!

Thank you, JD. Bless YOU!!
Thanks very much for your kind words, Anna. A lot of work goes into the Birthday Project, but the rewards are sublime. We raised enough money to provide 296 birthday parties for hospitalized children--that's more than 24 celebrations a month for a whole year! That's a lot of happy people whose pleasure was made possible by Johnny Depp.

Or our donation could provide schoolbooks and supplies for 148 young patients who wanted to keep up with their studies while they were in the hospital.

Or we could provide meals for (hold on to your hat) 1,440 family members who wanted to stay in their child's room for lunch or dinner rather than leave for the cafeteria.

That's a lot of day-to-day good done in Johnny's name. A lot of comfort. And it makes me very proud of the Zone--of all of you.

:worldhug:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

shadowydog

Unread post by shadowydog » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Wow PtP....That is impressive when you look at exactly what our donation can do for the children and their families.... :-O Brings tears to my eyes all over again. I'm sure Johnny, who I'm sure remembers how much this type of support meant to him, is happy that others can be helped in their time of greatest need.
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:46 pm

historicalpassion1 wrote:I, too, am amazed and humbled by his continuous kindness and compassion...to take time out of his personal time to thank us. What a generous gesture!
Agreed!

:cool:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie