Announcing the 2008 Johnny Depp Zone Birthday Project!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a Wisconsin children's hospital.
Boo-Radley

Unread post by Boo-Radley » Sun May 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Thank you PTP, admins and mods. Deppinately an inspired choice for our annual charitable donation on behalf of Johnny. :cloud9: :cool:

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

ForeverinmyheartJD
Location: The West Coast...being inspired and wishing on a star...

Unread post by ForeverinmyheartJD » Sun May 04, 2008 3:11 pm

To PTP and the other moderators,

I can say from reading through this wonderful post that putting something together like this is a very time consuming project. So my thanks to you ladies for taking your time to put this all together so that in turn, we here at the zone can all come together for another wonderful birthday project in honour of Johnny. Your choice this year is wonderful and we certainly can make a bit of a difference by joining together to do this.

Your time and thought for putting this altogether - well my thanks is greatly there for all of you.
:grouphug:
Wishes do come true - Captain Jack is back!

Depputysue

Unread post by Depputysue » Sun May 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Just finished leaving my donation for this wonderful birthday project. I teared up all over the paypal site. Why can't the rest of the world be like the Zone? You're all a bunch of sweethearts. It always amazes me when I think of how this man can inspire so many to do so much. Thanks for the opportunity to contibute. Susan
What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same.
Only love........

historicalpassion1

Unread post by historicalpassion1 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:20 pm

What can I say? I was one of the lucky recipients of Johnny's kindness this past month, although it did not take place in the state of Wisconsin. But that is trivial and hardly the point.

I went to see a celebrity and instead I saw the most amazing act of human compassion and kindness that I have ever seen in my life. If we all treated each other the way he treated us, the world would be a much better place. If we all just took the time to be with each other; if we had a smile, a kind word, and a gentle touch for each other, we could put an end to all this suffering and live in a world of peace.

So it is with great pride that I contribute to this year's birthday project. He is an inspiration and a wonderful example to us all!
"That's Impossible." - Alice
"Only if you believe it is." - Mad Hatter
"Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling" ~June 20, 2009~

chachacheenie

Unread post by chachacheenie » Sun May 04, 2008 4:23 pm

historicalpassion1 wrote:What can I say? I was one of the lucky recipients of Johnny's kindness this past month, although it did not take place in the state of Wisconsin. But that is trivial and hardly the point.

I went to see a celebrity and instead I saw the most amazing act of human compassion and kindness that I have ever seen in my life. If we all treated each other the way he treated us, the world would be a much better place. If we all just took the time to be with each other; if we had a smile, a kind word, and a gentle touch for each other, we could put an end to all this suffering and live in a world of peace.

So it is with great pride that I contribute to this year's birthday project. He is an inspiration and a wonderful example to us all!
Well said HP1!!!!!
Eenie Meenie cha cha cheenie!

"I'd rather be thin than famous"~Jack Kerouac

"stayed faithful to the magick"

debs

Unread post by debs » Mon May 05, 2008 5:33 am

Thanks to all the moderators of this board for coming up with another wonderful idea for the birthday project. A childrens hospital, in an area that seems to have taken Johnny to it's heart this year, is a lovely idea.

LadyAbberline

Unread post by LadyAbberline » Mon May 05, 2008 8:16 pm

Thank you PtP so much for developing this project for us to honor Johnny and help such a worthy hospital. Thanks also to the other JDZ moderators/administrators who also worked on this.

It means so much to be a part of a truly tremendous community (the Zone) and to be able to donate in the name of such a caring actor, artist, talent, person--Johnny Depp. All the world should be more like Johnny.

I just donated, it took only 2 minutes and how good do I feel?

:yahoo: :flashingheart: :snoopydances: :heart: :yahoo: :bounce: :disco: multiplied by 1,00,000.
:heart: KeithUrban 5*9*09 State College PA ~MY PENGUINS Won the STANLEY CUP!
Love my STEELERS, 6-time-Superbowl-Champs :grin:

Moonlight

Unread post by Moonlight » Tue May 06, 2008 1:13 pm

Thank you so much for bringing this wonderful project to life, ptp!! :bounce: :thanks!: :bouquet:

It's a great idea and I have to say I'm so proud of the Zone for doing things like this! What a special way to say Thank you and Happy Birthday! :cloud9:

Thanks to the Zone and all it's members for being so reasonable! I'm feeling great being a part of this! :lilyrose: :yahoo:

:heart:

Love,
Charli
"Johnny Depp really is a cutie." - Satchel, lead guitarist in Steel Panther :heart:

Cookiejj

Unread post by Cookiejj » Tue May 06, 2008 8:59 pm

I can't think of anything more perfect to say than the sentiments all ready expressed in regard to this years Birthday Project. I feel blessed to be able to play a small part of this Birthday-donation project! This really IS the best place. Thank you all for all your hard work to make our contributions possible. This is absolutely wonderful and a perfect choice! You are :angel:'s! I receive so much joy being in such wonderful company (JDZ) on a daily basis. All the pleasure Johnny brings to me personally and a lovely opportunity to 'give back' to show my appreciation in such an honorable way.... Priceless! :hatsoff:
I've just came back from Pay Pal, it couldn't be easier!
Coookiejj

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Wed May 07, 2008 11:29 am

In-too-Depp wrote:What a wonderful choice for the project PtP, I'm sure Michael Mann and Johnny would be thrilled that such a worthy cause has been chosen. We have been blessed with so much from Wisconsin this year and it's lovely to be able to give something back.

Thank you and the other moderators for your hard work in setting up this project. :hug:
Thanks for your thoughts, ITD. I agree that Wisconsin has given us so much this year, starting with those first days in Columbus, and American Family Children's Hospital seems to share that same warm-hearted hospitality and cheerful view of life, that good-neighborliness, that we saw over and over again at the PUBLIC ENEMIES filming.

Wisconsin has taken good care of Johnny and everyone who came to see him, and it will be good to take care of them in return.

:grouphug:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

LiMoss

Unread post by LiMoss » Thu May 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Adding my thanks to all who put this wonderful birthday project together!

Reading about the wonderful work they do at American Family Children's and watching the video of the kids really tugs at my heart, and I'm very happy to donate my small part to help them continue. :goodvibes:

Alive and Kickin'

Unread post by Alive and Kickin' » Sat May 10, 2008 7:31 pm

I am deeply touched by the thoughtfulness and the labor of love that it takes to put together something like this. So thank you to the moderators/administrators and everyone who has helped with this project. I t will be a true honor to donate in the name of a beautiful man with a heart of gold.

The facility looks and sounds like a great place. It is my hope and prayer that this helps some child or family put a little hope and happiness in there lives.

Thanks so much again! I am off to my paypal account.

Sheri

Unread post by Sheri » Mon May 12, 2008 11:51 am

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute to such a worthy project! :heart2:

:happybday:
~Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier~ Kathleen Norris

heidi1

Unread post by heidi1 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:15 pm

I contribute every year here on the Zone in honor of Johnny and the kindness he shows to others. It feels so great to know that as a group we can really make a difference, and make this world a little brighter. Thanks to the Zone and the moderators for giving us this opportunity. It makes me feel a little like an :angel: !

:cool:

Depp's Pearl

Pleased as always!

Unread post by Depp's Pearl » Tue May 20, 2008 11:20 pm

I love to hear stories about Johnny's kindness and generosity, and I was one of the fortunate thousands (!) that met Johnny recently. His warmth warmed my heart, and my frozen hands!
:bounce:
What a blessing he is, and what an inspiration--to honor him this way is a pleasure.
"Times is hard..." and maybe we can make a significant difference for a child who is sick or hurt and afraid.
Thanks for creating an opportunity to show Johnny that we "get it". His message of love is loud and clear! :cool:
"For this I bless you most: You give much and know not that you give at all." -Kahlil Gibran