Announcing the Zone's 2007 Birthday Project!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great hospital for children.
ThirdArm

Unread post by ThirdArm » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Can't think of a better choice. Excellent, PtP!
~No doubt the years have changed me.~

Cesar'sSusie

Unread post by Cesar'sSusie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:04 pm

ptp wrote:
Although Johnny’s birthday is June 9th, we will be accepting donations throughout the month of June for his gift. We understand that your wallets may be a bit tapped out right now because, ahem, you have been spending your money at the movie theater seeing a certain pirate flick. Understandable!
:-/ So true, so true! Not to mention all the 'Pirate' stuff! :blush: Thanks, ptp, GREAT IDEA :idea: and thanks for the extension through June!
I'll be sending in a donation soon; I'm thinking at least $44.00 the first time. A dollar a year for each year that precious man has been on this planet! :cool:
"He's that and a whole lot more," said his driver. "He's a wonderful guy. I'll tell
you firsthand, he's a great man."
. . .and the Golden Globe goes to . . .
Johnny DEPP, for Sweeney Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

trinni

Unread post by trinni » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:11 pm

Wonderful idea ptp. Cant believe its been a year since the last Birthday Project.

Ok I'm a dunce :dunce: can any one straighten this out for me.
If I make a payment via the paypal account will the money be converted into dollars first and then be reconverted back to pounds for GOSH? or is it just a straight debit from my account? Does anyone (Bank/paypal) charge commission on it?. Basically I'm asking is there any benifit in paying a direct cheque as opposed to via paypal. I want to get the most benefit to the project in my payment.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread post by Gilbert's Girl » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 pm

trinni wrote:Wonderful idea ptp. Cant believe its been a year since the last Birthday Project.

Ok I'm a dunce :dunce: can any one straighten this out for me.
If I make a payment via the paypal account will the money be converted into dollars first and then be reconverted back to pounds for GOSH? or is it just a straight debit from my account? Does anyone (Bank/paypal) charge commission on it?. Basically I'm asking is there any benifit in paying a direct cheque as opposed to via paypal. I want to get the most benefit to the project in my payment.
I think its straight no commision

ChristineD

Unread post by ChristineD » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:01 pm

Fabulous idea. I made a donation to them right after Lily-Rose's illness, and they sent me a wonderful thank you. Such a great idea. Thank you for letting us all be a part of it.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.

Linda Lee

Unread post by Linda Lee » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:08 pm

Thanks for setting this up. What a nice way to remember Johnny on his birthday.
Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace within the storm. ~ Unknown

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:43 pm

Cesar'sSusie wrote: I'm thinking at least $44.00 the first time. A dollar a year for each year that precious man has been on this planet! :cool:
That's exactly what I was thinking!

This is such a wonderful way to honour Johnny's birthday.

Boo-Radley

Unread post by Boo-Radley » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:27 pm

Count me in...PTP, this is a great idea, thanks so much.

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

rainbowsoul

Unread post by rainbowsoul » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Count me in as well. What a terrific idea...I am honoured to be a part of this gifting.

Thanks so much for making this so easy for us.
:chill:
No! Not Barker. That man is dead. It's Todd, now. Sweeney Todd. And he shall have his revenge...

Johnny Fan

Unread post by Johnny Fan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:51 pm

An extremely thoughtful way to honor Johnny's birthday and for such a worthy cause too...Wonderful idea! Count me in too! :cool:
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

nila_admiresmr.depp

Unread post by nila_admiresmr.depp » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:06 am

Thanks for making this so easy to take advantage of a wonderful opportunity to honor a wonderful man. Happy Birthday Johnny! and thanks again to those who gave us a way to show thanks.
"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be; otherwise, it's just not acting. It's lying."

Caz

Unread post by Caz » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:27 am

What a fantastic project!! And I love the idea of $44.00 for Johnny's age. I have already written my check. This just proves once again why I am so proud to be part of the Zone!! Thank You-

:heart: :lilyrose: :heart: :lilyrose: :heart: :lilyrose:

Happy Birthday Johnny!!
You're the best!!
Thank you Alatiel for my new avatar!!

nanfan

Unread post by nanfan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:52 am

Just donated-thank you for this absolutely perfect way to say Happy Birthday to Johnny and thank you to the hospital for all they do :bounce:
Why is the rum always gone?

Oh-that's why.

deppstergal

Unread post by deppstergal » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:27 am

Happy to have made my donation to this great Birthday Project! I know this is a cause so very close to Johnny's heart and I'm sure he will feel very proud to have inspired this wonderful and worthwhile donation.

Happy Birthday Johnny!
'And if that isn't good news enough, Johnny Depp still doesn't want to be in that rubbish-sounding INXS film. Cheers all round!' Stuart Heritage

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:10 am

This is exciting...sent my donation in...thanks again Ptp for the paypal account.

Johnny will be very happy I think...and the zoners are a wonderful bunch of fans, he would be proud of us to make his birthday a day of giving to others.

Another thank you to the Admins and Mods, who make this always a place where Johnny can be admired, enjoyed and respected...