Happy Mother's Day--wonderful Birthday Project news!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great cause.
OldLady

Unread post by OldLady » Sun May 14, 2006 8:27 pm

San wrote:To read this at the end of of a difficult day ( but still a good day), brought tears to my eyes. Not because Johnny knows about the project (nice, but not real important), but that with this project we help other parents and children have it a little easier at hard times.
Thanks PTP for giving this message and the others for making this project possible. San
You are an inspiration, San; and your positive attitude is a real gift to The Zone. I applaud how you handle the difficult times in your life, and your losses. Thank you for sharing your perspective on what's truly important! :grouphug:
"Keep a sharp eye!" CJS POTC
"Dance with me" JMB
"Where is IT? Where is the thump-thump?" CJS DMC

GAO

Unread post by GAO » Sun May 14, 2006 8:53 pm

sjc, the picture is really great!!! :biglaugh:
Keep breathing.
Keep moving forward.
Be happy.
---Johnny Depp---

QueenofKings

Unread post by QueenofKings » Sun May 14, 2006 8:54 pm

Now I'm smiling through my tears. Thank you sjc for that picture. It's hysterical.

It's been a bittersweet day here and this thead and what everyone has said has been a part of the sweet part.

I am glad to know so many people who do great things.

And a :hug: for you San. I was thinking about you a little while ago.

Charlotte Depp

Unread post by Charlotte Depp » Sun May 14, 2006 9:16 pm

:smiliewithhearts: What a great news!!! :smiliewithhearts:
Thanks so much for telling us about it.
I'm so happy to be a member of this great Zone!! :twohearts:
Johnny was very touched by the birthday project for Children's Hospice.
:flashingheart: That's amazing!!!! :thud:

Thank you for all your efforts.
You all are so great!! :grouphug:

sjc, I love it!! :lol: :thanks!:
Nice to see you, again!I love you, too! Thank you Sweetie! ~ Johnny said to me.(Mar.22.2010)
I Love You!Oooooh,Love!!!(grin)Les Paul TV Yellow!~Johnny said to me(May.12.2012)

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun May 14, 2006 11:54 pm

OldLady wrote:
San wrote:To read this at the end of of a difficult day ( but still a good day), brought tears to my eyes. Not because Johnny knows about the project (nice, but not real important), but that with this project we help other parents and children have it a little easier at hard times.
Thanks PTP for giving this message and the others for making this project possible. San
You are an inspiration, San; and your positive attitude is a real gift to The Zone. I applaud how you handle the difficult times in your life, and your losses. Thank you for sharing your perspective on what's truly important! :grouphug:
Agreed . . . thanks for helping us keep everything in perspective, San.

It is a great gift to us, as a community, to be able to help the Hospice families, and to know that what we are able to give has helped in some way. Devon and Lori told me, when we began the project, that they hoped to be able to do simple things to make the children's lives better--to buy phone cards so families could stay in touch, gas cards so they could drive back and forth between the Hospice and home, or mp3 players for the children so they could listen to their favorite music. Such simple comforts--but they can certainly brighten a day.

Never think that what you have to give is too little to make a difference. $5 is a phone card--minutes of a loved one's voice--an irreplaceable gift.

Thanks very much to Lori and Devon of Children's Hospice for making this project possible. We are blessed to follow where you lead.

:writer2: :smiliewithhearts:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

SweetSam

Unread post by SweetSam » Mon May 15, 2006 1:33 am

I'd also like to thank ThirdArm (formerly Charlotte inCA). I believe she was the one who initially posted the newspaper article from the Santa Cruz County Sentinel that had information about Johnny wearing the bracelet to benefit the Children's Hospice. I think that if it wasn't for her, we may not have known about this special hospice here on the Zone ...at least not when we did.
Depp: It's true. I don't sing along to music.
Q: "Brown Sugar" comes on …
Depp: I might sing a little harmony. I might air guitar. Drumming. I like to drum.

'ello, Beastie! — CJS, DMC
I wish to be moved. — JD as JW

Carasun

Unread post by Carasun » Mon May 15, 2006 2:09 am

I am very touched by this thread - what wonderful news!!
I am so happy to found the zone and could call me a member of that adorable community.:grouphug:
I came through tears while a read that all and got goosebumps when I read Johnny was touched....:heart:
We mothers, who have healthy children could really be thankfull for that - that is the most important thing in the world and wonderful gift and sometimes in real life we forget this when we are angry with our children about unimportant things. :banghead:
My prayers and thoughts are with all who are not so lucky on this day!
San, my special thoughts are with you, Sweetie - you are a yery brave woman and your positiv attitude made you survive that worse time - that is remarkable!
I send you a big :hug:
We are are the world - let's care and keep it in good condition!
Help wherever you cani ~ find your fundraiser

Charly

Unread post by Charly » Mon May 15, 2006 4:06 am

Hard to put in words what I`m feeling whilst reading this thread , I already was very happy to hear how much money has been raised .... but to know Johnny is informed about the project makes it even better :grin:

Many thanks to the " creative team " for all the work and efforts :bouquet: you are a wonderful group :applause2:

~ sjc ... thanks for the pic :lol:

Johnny wearing something from the store :perplexed: not that unlikely , actually :grin:
"He's very intuitive. It's kind of contradictory because he's incredibly intelligent and smart, but he will react from his heart and not from his head." ~ Jim Jarmusch

incandescent

Unread post by incandescent » Mon May 15, 2006 4:09 am

Hear, hear to everything already said.
Do you ship the merchandise to Australia? I think it's about time I had some.
You're about a quart low.

ack

Unread post by ack » Mon May 15, 2006 9:33 am

incandescent wrote:Hear, hear to everything already said.
Do you ship the merchandise to Australia? I think it's about time I had some.
Yes, CafePress ships merchandise everywhere. And the rates seem quite reasonable! :blush:

DeniseB

Unread post by DeniseB » Mon May 15, 2006 9:42 am

Wow, that's great news :disco: And even better is that it was all for a great cause. I'm so glad this idea came together the way it did and I'm glad to have had the chance to put my money towards something so special.
"Jack Sparrow...me knew de wind blow ya back to me one day!"

"Oh bugger!"

"I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt."

Boo-Radley

Unread post by Boo-Radley » Mon May 15, 2006 10:28 am

OMG, I couldn't help tearing up while reading this, what a wonderful way to start a work week.

Thank you PTP, and b.p. olive for relating Johnny's sentiment. But most of all thank you to everyone whose efforts made the Birthday Project a reality. :grouphug: You all just blow me away, I'm so proud you I could bust. You guys ROCK!!!

Both Dustin's mom and Alexis's mom were so moved that their children are being remembered in this most touching and loving way.

I can only imagine the grief those two moms feel at having lost a child, I know I can't imagine a life without my daughter, so I'm very happy to learn that they have been comforted, in some small way, by the Zone's charity partnership with Children's Hospice.

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

Glendaleigh

Unread post by Glendaleigh » Mon May 15, 2006 10:43 am

Johnny was very touched by the birthday project for Children's Hospice. It means a great deal to him. He has perused the items for sale
Congratulations, Ladies of the Zone. Heart and soul and love from all here has made a difference in the world. :grouphug:

DarkAngel

Unread post by DarkAngel » Mon May 15, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks for sharing this news. That´s really very great. :cool: The birthday project is such a great idea and I´m so glad that we are able to help...and the other good thing is, they let us know what happen with the money we donated...something what doesn´t happen very often if you donate money... I think it´s a very great suprise that Johnny know about it. Very well done to all the zoners who are involved with the project. :cool:
I´ll donate a second time this month...not because Johnny knows about the project, just to help. :cloud9:
^^Put a stake through my heart! And drag me into sunlight^^
Lyric by Nightwish

Gypsylee

Unread post by Gypsylee » Mon May 15, 2006 7:36 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:You never know when one little gesture (such as Johnny wearig the hospice bracelet) can create a ripple which becomes a river of kindness and generosity. Way to go Zoners! Happy Mothers Day to all! :flashingheart:
That is exactly what I was thinking DITHOT!!! :highfive: How things ripple out, like waves across the ocean........you never know where things will lead. I am so happy that this project has reached Dustin and Alexis's mothers; to know their children are being remembered. That is a very important thing when you have lost someone. :twohearts: And for all the other families this project is helping, I am just so glad to be able to do something to ease the situation a little.

I know that our intention was in not informing Johnny and we did not do this project with that as our motivation.........so the unexpected bonus of Johnny being pleased with the project....... When you give a gift to someone and you can see that big genuine smile..... That makes me happy.

I am so glad to be a part of such a great community of women. This place is very special. Thanks to all who were involved in putting this project together. I have bought several things so far. We have some great artists!

AND

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all. :bouquet:
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan