Happy Mother's Day--wonderful Birthday Project news!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great cause.
Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:37 pm

San wrote:To read this at the end of of a difficult day ( but still a good day), brought tears to my eyes. Not because Johnny knows about the project (nice, but not real important), but that with this project we help other parents and children have it a little easier at hard times.
Thanks PTP for giving this message and the others for making this project possible. San
A special hug for you today San :chill: and for all the mama's who are missing their children today :grouphug:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

marijke

Unread post by marijke » Sun May 14, 2006 2:49 pm

ibbi 3 wrote:
San wrote:To read this at the end of of a difficult day ( but still a good day), brought tears to my eyes. Not because Johnny knows about the project (nice, but not real important), but that with this project we help other parents and children have it a little easier at hard times.
Thanks PTP for giving this message and the others for making this project possible. San
A special hug for you today San :chill: and for all the mama's who are missing their children today :grouphug:
Hug from me, too!

I wrote earlier about it in the MT, I copy-paste it to here:

The bracelet has a meaning to me: my oldest son will be 11 this year. Dustin was 11, too... My boy is healthy and full of life (just like his younger brother). The bracelet is a message for me: it's not "self-evident" (don't know if this is the right word) to be healthy, not even for children. Keep in mind that things that seem so normal, suddenly can change. But that doesn't mean you must turn into a person with fear for what might happen. Remember: "Today is a gift... Have fun!" Live every day as positive as possible!
I was given the 'weird' badge but I think everybody's weird and that's the key to it. We should celebrate our individuality, not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.

Made the avatar-pic on June 29 2009... He smiled to ME, ladies...!

Anna

Unread post by Anna » Sun May 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Congratulations to everyone involved. Great news indeed! Well done, girls. You've done The Zone proud! :applause2:

This morning I watched Songs of Praise, a British TV program, on Dutch television. It was a special edition for Mother's Day and a TV presenter told about the death of her grown-up daughter. She said "I will never ever get over it". This afternoon I read the story of a Dutch TV presenter who lost her baby son and she said "I haven't learned a thing from his death; a child's death is completely useless" Both stories made me think of The Zone's birthday project and what silly, drooling women can achieve. Again, I applaud you all!

Happy mother's Day to all of us, whether you have children of your own or not. Every child in this world is our communal responsibility.

San, A really big hug for you. Ik heb aan je gedacht, meisje!
:grouphug:
One minute I’m mushing along with the huskies as usual, and all of a sudden it’s global warming.

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Sun May 14, 2006 3:07 pm

Sweet San, I have been thinking of you today. Today is not an easy day for moms who lost children or children who lose their moms. But I do believe all women are mothers of all children. Don't know if that makes any sense.

:hug: to you today.

Kittycat

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun May 14, 2006 5:05 pm

bibi wrote:OMG... :-O
That's, uhm, wow! All I'm doing since five minutes is squealing with happiness...!
"He saw our designs!!! *squeal*"

I was proud to be a small part of this wonderful project, became very, very proud when I read that the Zone raised money and was able to help the hospice and right now I'm at a loss for words - I never imagined he would actually see the items!

Thank you sooo much for sharing this wonderful news part-time poet and b.p. olive... You guys here at the Zone are just absolutely incredible! THANK YOU!

:heart:
I'm so happy for you, bibi, and for all the artists.

You have done so much to help the children--we can't thank you enough.

I'm delighted that Johnny has seen your work. I hope that will be a happy memory for you to cherish forever.

:cloud9:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sun May 14, 2006 5:59 pm

marijke wrote:
ibbi 3 wrote:
Hug from me, too!

I wrote earlier about it in the MT, I copy-paste it to here:

The bracelet has a meaning to me: my oldest son will be 11 this year. Dustin was 11, too... My boy is healthy and full of life (just like his younger brother). The bracelet is a message for me: it's not "self-evident" (don't know if this is the right word) to be healthy, not even for children. Keep in mind that things that seem so normal, suddenly can change. But that doesn't mean you must turn into a person with fear for what might happen. Remember: "Today is a gift... Have fun!" Live every day as positive as possible!
That's beautifuly sayd Marijke , and I know all to well it's true !

artistatheart

Unread post by artistatheart » Sun May 14, 2006 6:00 pm

Wow...that is really touching to know that Johnny knows about this. When I first read that, I, too, began tearing up. Then I started squealing with delight that he has seen the wonderful designs created by Zoners and family members :bounce: I am really proud to be able to contribute my little bit to this wonderful cause by having one of my designs chosen.

What a wonderful Mother's Day surprise :eyebrow: Even though I am not a mother, my mom is very dear to me and I am very close to her. I can only imagine what it must be like for the mothers of children who have passed away.I am not much older than some of the children who are being treated at the hospice, so I feel that I am very fortunate to be leading a normal, active life.

Thank you part-time-poet and b.p. olive for sharing this news! :thanks!:

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sun May 14, 2006 6:10 pm

As I see Artist and Bibi posted here also , I want to share a thought I have written in the MT ;
The news about the Birthdayproject was really unexpected , I was just talking to Cara about it . I realise if this project would be set up in another way , if I had known Johnny would know about it , it would change the whole thing. And I never would have the nerve to send in any design , I would have been to shy ... I am very thankfull of how the project went and I thank the administators and moderaters for that .
I don't know how you feel about that , but I am very glad we just put in all our work for the children and for the children alone , and not for any other reasons. But it's really special Johnny saw the designs and to read his reaction, it makes me very happy and very proud. I will cherish this special project and everyone who participated in it for the rest of my life ~ thank you all so much ! :flashingheart:

sjc

Unread post by sjc » Sun May 14, 2006 6:49 pm

Maybe some day we will get a pic like this!

Broken link removed.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. Mark Twain

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Sun May 14, 2006 6:53 pm

:biglaugh: sjc ~ that pic is priceless! Thank you for the laugh!

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sun May 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Thank you sjc :biglaugh: that's great ! :)

San

Unread post by San » Sun May 14, 2006 7:12 pm

sjc What a fantastic picture :biglaugh: San

Thanks ibbi,marijke,Anna and kittycat for your kind words.

ack

Unread post by ack » Sun May 14, 2006 7:34 pm

Wonderful picture, sjc. :lol: My whole family laughed at that one! :biglaugh: Thanks for putting it together! :cool:

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun May 14, 2006 8:10 pm

What a great picture, sjc! :lol:

Thanks for putting it together--I love it!

:applause:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

johnnybloom

Unread post by johnnybloom » Sun May 14, 2006 8:26 pm

Priceless, just priceless, sjc!
I think it would be fantastic to see Johnny show up in a pic with something from the JDZ store!
Thanks for sharing that pic, it made my day!
~3~
"Three is a sort of special number for me. It's a very creative number.
Triangle, trinity-you know, how two people make another person.
Three is a MYSTICAL, MAGICAL number."
~~ Johnny Depp~~