The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
reindeermoon

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by reindeermoon » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Maybe her friends are afraid that AH will take them down with her. They both told things which were not true. Tillet sayed that she has taken pics of AHs broken nose and Tillet was at that time not even in the same state. If the Sun wants them as witnesses they could get in serious trouble.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Johnny has witness statements that say Amber asked people in the hotel to help her because she had connections with People and news was out that the front desk saw her with no bruise but the manager spoke with his staff and they refused. They have nothing to loose because they were not her freeloaders or long time friends. Three times Amber avoided her court ordered deposition. One time she said she was committed to Raquel's engagement party and the other time she said she had a fitting in London but was seen the next day in LA. The third time when she did show up she was late and then refused to come out of the room. She was on the phone pacing the floor yelling and screaming and refused to come out even though everyone else waited for her all day and night until they finally left. I don't know but my guess is that she could not get the story straight with her "witness" friends.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Tara

Unread post by Tara » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:51 am

Firstly - apologies to you Ade, you had already addressed the Confidentiality agreement. I didn't have my glasses on and could only pick bits and bobs out of posts!

I noticed things were starting to turn a little sour between IT and RP just after the release of the 'somewhat dubious' photo of Johnny's finger, but AH stayed close. There does appear to be a falling out between all 3 now though. You'd think if AH was telling the truth as her 'best friends' they'd stand by her. AH is probably cutting her losses now so she can call them both liars too when the poop hits the fan.

Shook

Unread post by Shook » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:45 am

Amanda de Cadenet posted a picture earlier to her instagram

And Amber posted an old picture with Pistol, tagging iO. Interesting timing. I guess she is reaching out, to make sure everyone has their made up stories straight.

Ragdoll

Unread post by Ragdoll » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:10 pm

I think Amber's only fallen out with Raquel. The timing of it makes me think that she's refused to testify if called. I mean, would she go to another country, perjure herself, risk going to jail, just so Amber can get some more attention. It seems like that crew of people she used to be pictured with are Raquels friends not hers so now she's just got Io and Amanda de Cadenet.

She was asked again on instagram why her and Amber have fallen out:

@marthavelez5012 prefer to keep that private

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Shook wrote:Amanda de Cadenet posted a picture earlier to her instagram

And Amber posted an old picture with Pistol, tagging iO. Interesting timing. I guess she is reaching out, to make sure everyone has their made up stories straight.
The link you've shown, Shook, is no longer available (ha! I can only imagine why), but this one might be, and still shows the staged pic with de Cadenet's disgustingly condescending caption:

*with continued, subtle slander of JD;
*silently acknowledging a reference to the entire slander episode as an "achievement" (intro comment);
*showing AH wearing a Johnny-suit-inspired vest (POTC1 Premiere, 2017? TIFF);
*casual references to never leaving "her" (Johnny's) apartment, all the while being seen strolling all over NYC, "exercising " in public parks in "prep for filming", dining with friends at outdoor restaurants, appearing at numerous public speaking engagements, etc;
*de Cadenet's comment that includes a casual reference to "not abandoning oneself", blatantly appropriated from JD's "Have the courage to never abandon yourself" Japanese Asahi beer commercial, March of 2018;

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmberHeardIT ... 61/photo/1
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Please take a moment to read this thoughtful, on-point, well written essay. I can’t believe someone has had the courage to write it, not to mention the skill to do so so eloquently.

Scroll down for some worthwhile comments as well.

Thank you, Mr. Williams.
Last edited by justintime on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Thank you for sharing this moving article here, justintime.
Hopefully, it will continue to get additional public acknowledgment, spreading the documented truth globally.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:59 am

Yeah, I hope so too, Chocolat :heart:
But I am afraid, that some tabloids and bloggers and what have you will "stay on message" even though they know full well themselves, that Johnny never did anything worse than argue verbally with AH - yell at her, when she yelled at him - which might not be so mature, but is also pretty normal and human ...
I am afraid, that some will stick to the story, that he's a big monster, because they think, it sells, is modern, show them not to go with the majority opinion or whatever else reason they might have. Or maybe they just don't want to admit to have been stupid enough to be taken in/fooled by a beautiful, sexy blond woman :biggrin:

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:01 am

How about the lawyers stuck to the law and what that has to say instead of going after Johnny personally :mad2: I actually thought this was over and done with, but it seems not according to this :perplexed:

Johnny Depp Fights to Keep Medical Records Private in $30 Million Legal Battle With Ex-Lawyers
February 16, 2019 at 12:05 am PST
By Ryan Naumann

Johnny Depp is demanding a judge step in and not allow his private medical records to be turned over in the $30 million legal battle with his former lawyers, saying the records contain “highly sensitive” information about him.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Depp filed a motion to quash a subpoena that his former lawyers fired off seeking documents from his former business managers at The Management Group (TMG).

Depp’s ex-lawyers subpoenaed records from TMG that were obtained during their years of working with the actor and during their year-long legal battle with him.

The actor says the subpoena is seeking production of over 1.5 million documents from TMG, which contain “highly sensitive, confidential information (including medical and private financial information of Mr. Depp and third parties).”

Depp explains if all the documents are turned over, it would “severely damage” his privacy interests and that of “multiple other individuals who are not parties to this action.”

He says during the lawsuit with TMG, they questioned him about his medical history, financial history, alleged substance abuse, and alleged mental disorders during a period of almost two decades.

Depp says they obtained a large amount of personal information that was “not properly at issue” and enormous quantities of personal communications and other documents reflecting intimate details of his life and other people’s lives.

Depp is demanding the judge quash the subpoena completely and not allow TMG to turn over any records to his ex-lawyers.

Back in 2017, the actor sued his former lawyers at the firm, Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman, for $30 million accusing them of conspiring with his former business managers to screw him out of millions.

Depp blames his lawyers for allegedly failing to alert him to his manager’s actions, despite knowing what was going on.

The firm, BHDRLFS&G, fired back at Depp denying all allegations of wrongdoing and said they didn’t conspire against their client.

They hit Depp with a counter-suit accusing him of causing his own damages due to his own misconduct and negligence over the years. BHDRLFS&G claimed the actor had not paid them for months, despite them continuing to do work for him. The firm sued for the unpaid balance for the work done plus interest and sought to have his lawsuit against them thrown out.

Depp fired back at the counter-suit denying the law firm’s claims that he owed them money. He revealed he had worked with them since 1999 but claimed they never had a written contract.

Depp claimed to have paid them tens of millions over the years. He claimed the firm is barred from trying to collect on unpaid dues because they never signed an official retainer. He even describes their deal as “illegal” and any money they believe to be owed was caused by other parties out of Depp’s control.

The case is ongoing.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:28 am

Those guys (I won't even dignify them as lawyers) are desperate for anything to discredit Johnny.
In the beginning they were going after his family and friends, shifting blame on everyone else.
Ruthless vipers, like AH, the lot of them.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Remember posting this one, meeps? Follow up to the many grudging headlines reporting a “big win” for JD when a California court ruled in August, 2018, that a talent lawyer’s standard fee of 5% of a client’s income is a “contingent fee” and all contingent fees have to be agreed to in a writing and signed by both parties.

Seems we may be heading to round two waters with salivating tabloids too lazy and/or biased to recount the August, 2018, decision with any semblance of accuracy. I thought I remembered a demand for these medical records being part of Bloom’s original strategy to discredit Johnny (or force him to settle)? It’s all so hideously vile. Who would ever hire these “lawyers”?

Yes, Chocolat, “ruthless vipers the lot of them” and, along w/AH, a veritable nest of vipers - perhaps they will devour each other in their desperation which must be at a fever pitch right now.

My heart goes out to Johnny knowing the swill of the Bloom-stressor has been resurrected just in time to piggy back on the SUN outcome on Friday. Interesting, considering no hearing, court date or subsequent filings have been referenced re: the former to justify its current “headline” status. I know it’s a stretch, but perhaps the demands of filming the mighty Minamata are providing Johnny the strength and focus he needs in both his professional and personal life right now. :heart2:
meeps wrote:I am so happy that it is not my job to figure out, what is rightfully Bloom's and what is Johnny's here!
Sep 6, 2018, 05:31pm

The Next Round of Johnny Depp v. Jake Bloom
Schuyler Moore
Contributor, Forbes
Hollywood & Entertainment

Here is what we know so far from recent case of Johnny Depp v. Jake Bloom, where Johnny Depp appears to have won one battle by the court holding that a talent lawyer’s standard fee of 5% of the client’s income is a “contingent fee” under the relevant statute:

• ”Contingent fees to lawyers have to be agreed to in a writing that is signed by both the lawyer and the client and that complies with a number of provisions set out in California Business & Professions Code section 6147(a) (a “Valid Agreement”).

*If the agreement for a contingent fee is not a Valid Agreement, the agreement is voidable at the option of the client pursuant to California Business & Professions Code section 6147(b).

*If the client voids a contingent fee agreement for lack of a Valid Agreement, the lawyer is entitled to be paid a “reasonable fee” pursuant to California Business & Professions Code section 6147(b).

*If the client has already paid a contingent fee without a Valid Agreement, the client is entitled to recover the excess of the contingent fee over a reasonable fee from the lawyer.

*The judge in the Johnny Depp v. Jake Bloom case held that the standard 5% fee that talent lawyers charge is a contingent fee under the statute, notwithstanding that the statute requires the contingent fee agreement to deal with costs relating to “the claim,” and the reference to “the claim” suggests that the statute was intended to apply to contingent fees based on a percentage of the recovery on a claim, like a lawsuit.
But more importantly, here are some of the things we don’t know:
  • *What is the statute of limitations on Johnny Depp’s claim for a refund? It is not clear what the relevant statute of limitations is, but it seems unlikely that he can go back eighteen years.

*What is the statute of limitations on Jake Bloom’s claim to be paid a reasonable fee? Presumably it is the same as the time limit on Johnny Depp’s claim, or at least there should be a right of offset.

*What is a “reasonable fee” for Jake Bloom? Is it based on a deemed hourly rate, and if so, what is it? Instead of hourly, can it be based on what he charges other clients or on what other talent lawyer’s charge, which by the way is the same 5%?

*If Jake Bloom has to pay anything to Johnny Depp, is he stuck trying to deduct it for tax purposes in the year of payment (which may result in not all of it being deductible), or can he amend prior returns and get a refund of prior taxes paid? There is a special tax code section that permits the second approach if amounts that are refunded were initially received under a “claim of right.”

*Is Johnny Depp taxed on any payment he receives? What if he could not deduct all of the prior payments for any reason? Can he claim it as a return of capital?

*Can the client retroactively ratify the contingent fee arrangement by signing an agreement later? Does the client need to be advised by independent counsel? If the client does later ratify the fee arrangement, the agreement needs to comply with California Business & Professions Code 6147(a). One of those requirements, which is often overlooked, is that the writing needs to state that the fee is not set by law and is negotiable.
So stay tuned for round two in this fight, since it ain’t over ‘til it’s over.
"Stay low." ~ JD

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:07 am

No, I didn't quite remember posting that :love: But I knew there had been talk about something similar before :heart: And yes - poor Johnny, indeed :bawl:

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:54 am

In another fan zone somebody mentioned a court date for today in the UK courts. The Sun seems to want to stop Johnny from suing them. They say that he uses it as a loophole to prove his innocence. I do hope the judge will stop the Sun.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 am

A "loophole" ???
I think, it's pretty clear cut and has been from the start, that he's out to prove, that he really is innocent of what Amber and the SUN are accusing him of being, so if one is upfront about something I can't see, how it can be called a loophole ...
But thank you ever so much for the information anyway :airkiss2: It's not your fault their talk about a loophole is loopy, after all :love: