The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Moonbeam

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Moonbeam » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:34 pm

In-too-Depp wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:31 pm
Moonbeam wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Has anyone seen the video of Johnny leaving the courthouse today after his closing arguments.?
I am angry at AH having the Audacity to give a speech before court proceedings have even concluded!! :grr:
I would just like to see his triumphal exit from this nightmare!! :bouquet:
I haven't seen any video but here's some pics before he left.
Thank you In-too-Depp!! :loveshower:
Lovely to see his smiling face!! :twohearts:

OH, dear meeps!! Thank you as well!! He is so caring and grateful, taking pictures of his fans!! :truefan:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Justme

Unread post by Justme » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:54 pm

I must say I'm really disappointed with my fellow Polish people, because now, after Heard's speech, most of them are siding with her, saying :censored: like there are overwhelming evidence against Johnny, that there's no way he's innocent beacuse he's a drug addict. I guess this is a Polish mentality - if one drinks or use drugs, one is beating the crap out of his wife. It's not the best time for cases like this in my country, because the goverment is trying to dismiss the Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, so now all women are siding with other women, no matter what.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Thanks a lot, In-too-Depp :heart4: I have yet to find out how to show tweets that way, so just put up links. But I am very glad you know, and posted it :airkiss2:
And you're very welcome, my sweet 'beam :myheart:

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Justme wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:54 pm
I must say I'm really disappointed with my fellow Polish people, because now, after Heard's speech, most of them are siding with her, saying :censored: like there are overwhelming evidence against Johnny, that there's no way he's innocent beacuse he's a drug addict. I guess this is a Polish mentality - if one drinks or use drugs, one is beating the crap out of his wife. It's not the best time for cases like this in my country, because the goverment is trying to dismiss the Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, so now all women are siding with other women, no matter what.
I am not sure how much this was covered in your country. It sounds very much like Amber's side was the only side covered. Please don't be upset with people because they haven't heard the facts. . Are you able to open Nick Wallis web page? It is very informative. Maybe you can convince people with facts. A good place to start is to tell them that Amber had quite a few very different stories about the severed finger incident. But, the good news is the only opinion that matters right now is that of Mr. Justice Nicols.
Last edited by Judymac on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Ok I still haven't finished reading David Sherborne's superb summary - and it is a summary, he points to and explains all of the submissions and annexes which they have put in for the judge to consider (Annexes! for example tables to show what witnesses said AH looked like between the 21 and 27 May).

David does not disappoint - I do urge you to read it.

But new news and a shame it has come too late for this, but the fact it wasn't rushed says to me Team Depp is chilled and has more to come in Virginnia.

Whitney's boss has given a written statement for the US case. Whitney did not come and sleep on his floor - she was sheltered in the spare room because she had intervened in an argument between Amber and Johnny and Whitney had been scared AH would push her down the stairs.

You cannot make this up.

Someone is going to write a book surely?

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi AdeleAgain! :bigwave:
Do you have a link or something for the statement made by Whitney's boss?
What a Trip!!! :-O
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Moonbeam wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:47 pm
Hi AdeleAgain! :bigwave:
Do you have a link or something for the statement made by Whitney's boss?
What a Trip!!! :-O
It's from The Mirror...so take that into consideration. :bigwink:

Henriquez said she had to stay on her boss’s floor after the fight. But Howell, who was Henriquez’s employer at the charity The Art of Elysium at the time, disputed this in a sworn declaration statement to a US court, seen by the Mirror.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 pm

This is why Whitney was facing Amber on the staircase - to protect Johnny
She said: “Whitney testified about a violent incident in 2015. Whitney said she had to go live with her employer, where she had to sleep on their floor. I am that employer. This is not what I was told to be true. Whitney came to live in the guest room, not on my floor. Whitney told me she tried to stop Amber from attacking Johnny.

“Whitney said when she tried to intervene, Amber nearly pushed Whitney down the stairs. She told me she was worried Amber ‘was going to kill Johnny’.”

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Thank you dear SnoopyDances!! :thankyou:
I have definitely taken that with a grain of salt!

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:20 pm

It is indeed the Mirror - which is the rival to the Sun - but still a tabloid. But she has put in a declaration in the US case.

Whitney has no credibility for the US case now surely, and she is AH's only witness to violence. What's the betting AH is going to 'remember' some more incidents.

Finished David Sherborne's speech, fantastic. He makes an excellent point that AH's claims of sexual violence were so implausible that Wass only spent four minutes out of JD's four days on the stand, asking him about them.

I am tingling from reading it. Only one thing I could see he missed out but he had to race through and I think it will be in one of the compare and contrasts Schillings prepared for the written submisson- the fact that her evidence on whether she was there or not for the finger tip - changed so many times.

He dispensed with Australia so beautifully - he kept hammering home the implausibility of her descriptions of both the attacks (as pointed out by folk on here - JD has about three hands at least) and that if she had sustained the injuries she claimed she would have walked through the airport like a victim from a slasher movie. She could photograph lamps and mirrors but not her injuries.

I would love to know her inner thoughts as she had to sit through a day of David Sherborne exposing her and she was not allowed to speak. No wonder she had to go outside and have her say.

These three weeks must have been hell for JD, and we all owe a huge thanks to those who turned up to support him so vocally - he clearly draws so much strength from that support. Says it all that she went outside and spoke to the press, and he went outside and thanks the people.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:47 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:44 pm
I've said for three weeks I wish people wouldn't boo her - well now I am glad they did. That was cringeworthy. Honestly - after all of this she is still playing the victim card. It's awful - how stupid does she and her advisers think people are. She cannot act. She is utterly unlikeable, unbelievable and unconvincing. I just hope the booing ensures there are no more invitations to speak at events on behalf of women, victims or whatever else she spouts off about.

I am going to sit back now and enjoy what Mr Sherborne has to say.
I can't believe Amber Heard had the nerve to do that while court was in session. That shows a total lack of respect to the British judicial system whom she says she has faith in. Well, she just put her foot in her mouth there, and I'm sure everyone in the courtroom were rolling their eyes, including the judge.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:10 pm

Lbock wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 pm
This is why Whitney was facing Amber on the staircase - to protect Johnny
She said: “Whitney testified about a violent incident in 2015. Whitney said she had to go live with her employer, where she had to sleep on their floor. I am that employer. This is not what I was told to be true. Whitney came to live in the guest room, not on my floor. Whitney told me she tried to stop Amber from attacking Johnny.

“Whitney said when she tried to intervene, Amber nearly pushed Whitney down the stairs. She told me she was worried Amber ‘was going to kill Johnny’.”
It doesn't make sense that Whitney would have her back turned to Johnny if she thought he was going to throw her down the stairs. Who turns their back on someone who is getting ready to throw them down the stairs This is just another example of fabrication by the Heard women.
Last edited by Judymac on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:15 pm

meeps wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:08 pm
I have a bit of video of what our sweetie was doing while they were driving away :truefan:

This is the sweet, humble man that we know. He really appreciates his fans and their support. This video almost made me cry.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Moonbeam wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:34 pm
In-too-Depp wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:31 pm
Moonbeam wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Has anyone seen the video of Johnny leaving the courthouse today after his closing arguments.?
I am angry at AH having the Audacity to give a speech before court proceedings have even concluded!! :grr:
I would just like to see his triumphal exit from this nightmare!! :bouquet:
I haven't seen any video but here's some pics before he left.
Thank you In-too-Depp!! :loveshower:
Lovely to see his smiling face!! :twohearts:

OH, dear meeps!! Thank you as well!! He is so caring and grateful, taking pictures of his fans!! :truefan:
Wow, that smile. :loveshower: :lovedrunk: