The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:20 pm

I don’t know that it would delay the case unless she loses all her lawyers. I haven’t heard anything about her Virginia lawyers Rottenborn and Treece. Rottenborn does allot of filings

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:45 pm

I realize that the case in the UK and the case in Virginia are totally different. However I have a question. Now that it seems that Kaplan has withdrawn from the case, will that change anything in the UK case at all? Will she still testify, who has been advising her, the Sun?

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:53 am

It should not change the UK case - she is a witness for the Sun and the status of a witness' US lawyer should be of no interest. I assume (maybe someone knows) that she will have engaged a UK lawyer to advise her specifically on the Sun case. It is down to the Sun to keep control over their witnesses - if them changing their lawyers and claiming they need a delay were allowed we will literally never hear the case. She will keep finding a reason not to testify (which I still think may well happen).

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:15 am

Heard's UK lawyer is Jenifer Robinson. Robinson is a barrister who is more known as a human rights lawyer and is known for causes including West Papua, Wikileaks.
Robinson (as mentioned in Depp's response) did the arguments for why the divorce NDA meant Heard could not testify in UK (which was rejected by judge).
I don't know how she came to be representing Heard and whether she did a background check on her client or just accepted that Metoo or others had done so.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:24 pm

New motion filed by her VA lawyer. Motion is to be heard on July 10. I am sure Benjamin Chew will respond. It seems they are reading the twitter accounts.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 2-2020.pdf

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:24 pm

Twitter is blowing up over the new/old filings

But the Blast did carry the story of All her lawyers leaving except her two originals Rottenborn and Treece and adding a new lawyer

https://theblast.com/c/Johnny-depp-ambe ... ation-case

We believe Amber and we believe in Amber. We have been proud to serve as Amber’s counsel. In the strange and unexpected circumstances of today’s world, as travel and logistics have become more costly in light of the pandemic, we understand the decision to move the case to local, Virginia-based trial counsel.”

But, Johnny Depp's attorney Adam Waldman, doesn't seem to be convinced of the reasoning behind the change in counsel, and tells us, “For years, #TimesUp and others inexplicably hitched their wagons to Amber Heard’s abuse hoax. Ms. Heard’s lawyers, one of whom co-founded the #TimesUp Legal Defense Fund, have now apparently unhitched from Ms Heard’s long-disproven frauds. We intend to discover why.”
The new lawyer specializes in employee law. Wondering if they are thinking of countersuing Johnny blaming him if she lost Aquaman2. Or trying to say his loss of work is his own doing from bad behavior and diminishing box office. Could be where her expertise comes in and Rottenborn and Treece carry the rest

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:34 pm

I don’t know what to say about all these filings. Seems they held them knowing Kaplan et al was leaving and needed something the media could grab onto. Some of these are old and may have been completed already

Quick thoughts

1. I am shocked and dismayed that Johnny team is leaking declarations to the press what they should also be turning over to AH team. I can’t answer to that. Some of the evidence like the audio tapes and video depositions, they should get from their client. And other evidence is certainly within her grasp, like anything from the divorce

2. I always thought the Bettany texts came from the VA case via subpoena, but I guess those were some of the inadvertent leaked texts. They need to be turned over per some paragraph containing hate speech against women

3. They are still using tabloids to suggest what his settlement was with Vanessa and who his romantic partners were still citing all ladies he has ever been photographed and what gifts etc he could have given them.

4. Citing the phone call recording was illegal per California, but Johnny recorded it on tour in a foreign country, I believe

5. Adam stated and tweeted that they fought hard to have all evidence and depositions to be public unless warranted confidential by the protective order. They can’t complain that witnesses are not being intimidated and running scared because their lies, I mean depositions will be made public. Basically, her witnesses are all jumping ship, not just Melanie

6. They are insisting Johnny providing anything drug, alcohol, damage related to when he abused anyone....he states he abused no one therefore he has nothing to supply or answer for.

7. Still questions on him supplying medical records, doctor contacts, etc. can’t help there. We do know he executed a HIPPA release so they need to go get the records I guess,

8. They want arrest records from France and Toronto. Not sure he was arrested in Toronto or detained. And never heard anything about France

9. If the judge must again compel Johnny to submit stuff, it’s possible this time he might award sanctions to AH and storm legal fees. Let’s see. Johnny filed allot of objections to their requests, again
Last edited by Lbock on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:14 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:24 pm
New motion filed by her VA lawyer. Motion is to be heard on July 10. I am sure Benjamin Chew will respond. It seems they are reading the twitter accounts.

:thankyou: ForeverYoung for updating us with the links to the latest documents filed by Heard's team in the Virginia case. Reading now...

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm

Benjamin Chew will reply and it will be good, as always. I don't know what they're complaining about because she has still not filed an answer to the complaint and I'm sure he will bring that up too.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:36 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm
Benjamin Chew will reply and it will be good, as always. I don't know what they're complaining about because she has still not filed an answer to the complaint and I'm sure he will bring that up too.
:agree2: AH & Co crying to the Court to claim JD's team is now doing to her what AH did to him since before the divorce. Except JD's lawyers haven't gone so far as to conspire with AH's lawyers to hide critical evidence from their own client. Bloom Hergott - TMG?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Ben Chew has filed motions to compel of their own. They want a HIPPA release from Amber and a list of her doctors for treating her for abuse, any mental therapists, all her prescription drugs, and any treatment for drugs or alcohol.

She is also lacking in providing allot of documents.

Chew also seems to be saying in the email, they did turn over Johnny's medical records. Not sure what all is outstanding.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:16 pm

There is nothing in the documents her team is seeking that would prove JD was abusive. She has not supplied her own signed HIPPA form for Johnny to get HER medical records probably because there is nothing in them either to prove he was abusive. She wants his medical info but is refusing to give up her's. There is is nothing in her medical records which proves any of the injuries she says happened in Australia or anywhere else, imo.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:29 pm

If she had one medical record stating injuries from abuse that match up to any dates she claims, she would have released it in 2016, and most certainly would have shut down this lawsuit from the very beginning. Kaplan would have for sure.

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:48 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:16 pm
There is nothing in the documents her team is seeking that would prove JD was abusive. She has not supplied her own signed HIPPA form for Johnny to get HER medical records probably because there is nothing in them either to prove he was abusive. She wants his medical info but is refusing to give up her's. There is is nothing in her medical records which proves any of the injuries she says happened in Australia or anywhere else, imo.
LBock wrote:She is also lacking in providing a lot of documents.
Again, she's been getting away with this :censored: since she filed the TRO. I hope we're finally going to see the end of this unjust treatment of Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Well, a lot of things about her got exposed that nobody would want out there. She hasn't had any real job since Aquaman and nothing on the horizon either. No more support on that UK tabloid site either.