The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:41 pm

justintime wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:13 pm
Moonbeam wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:57 am
I have always thought Vanessa Paradis was a classy Lady! I also greatly admire Penelope Cruz and Winona Ryder! I am proud of them all for standing up for Johnny!! That is, as well as all his other supporters! Supporters of the TRUTH!
I am especially happy that Vanessa came out and challenged Amber Heard's false facts and for her assessment of Johnny's personality and life that the public are not privy to. All of their comments and willingness to testify for Johnny are really admirable!!
GO Johnny's Team!! :highfive:
You touched all bases, Moonbeam. Agree with every word! :bouquet:

I am wondering the very same thing re: Whitney and other AH “witnesses”, Chocolat. IMAO, they are all adults, they all made choices that contributed to an innocent man seeing years of his life mercilessly sabotaged beyond recognition, as well as incurring what can no longer be denied will be on-going, irreparable damage to his career, personal/professional reputation, and emotional well-being into perpetuity.

As far as AH “not having 50 million dollars” being a reason to “settle” for anything less, I can only reiterate what I have said since Johnny first filed his defamation suit against her: She doesn’t have the money? Gee, that’s too bad - better find it or expect to have a mechanism put in place to ensure every paycheck (or services-rendered-remuneration) she receives for the foreseeable future is docked/attached. Amber Heard is a LIAR and she’ll swear on her life to ANYTHING to get off the financial end of any Court Order, any settlement, any jury-driven award/decision. In her mind, no payment means she wins. There is truly no room in this lawsuit for gentlemanly generosity to bring it to a close.
It would be great if Johnny could put a lien on her future earnings but she isn't working right now and as far as I know she has no acting contracts. I really hope she is done in Hollywood. If Johnny wins the case against her he might only ask for her to pay his lawyer fees because he is a good guy. Either way, she is being exposed in every which way possible as the kind of person she really is and she is looking bad, really bad.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:38 pm

All those who have come forward debunking AH’s claims to date have done so precisely because Johnny actually IS the kind, gentle, intelligent, generous, thoughtful - soft - man she despised so much. That exposure, however, has to be more than a fleeting headline.

AH may not have any active or pending contracts in Hollywood right now; she may not have anything pending right now. But she still has a contract with L’Oreal as their “worth it” woman, she’s still an ambassador for women at the UN, she’s still a spokesperson for women at the ACLU, her WB’s gig may have run its course - or not! - who knows?, she may even have some kind of back end deal with The Stand. I’m talking about a decision that tags her wherever, for whatever she goes/does for the rest of her life; whenever any potential employer runs a background check on her they find an outstanding lien that demands a certain percentage of the ”queen’s” earnings be withheld. I don’t care whether it’s a dollar or a million, Johnny could set up a charitable fund to distribute every cent as he sees fit. BUT, AH will be reminded of her lies - and the lingering taint - for as long as she draws breath for another one.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:08 pm

"She may even have some kind of back end deal with The Stand." I kind of doubt that. She isn't that high up to demand a back end deal, imo. She was dating a director who probably got her that role anyway. Whatever she is making from the other gigs is most likely paying her mortgage and other expenses. Johnny doesn't seem like a vindictive person...I really doubt he will take a substantial amount of money from her when all he really wants is to clear his name.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Page Six reported that Vanessa made a declaration.

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/16/Johnny-d ... n-lawsuit/

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 am

Yes, and that is good. That they will admit that he's 'found' - never mind that she's said so all along - yet another who defends him. And it's a very sweet and eloquently "defence" or rather just statement of the truth, I think :rosegirl:
But while Page Six mentioned Amber's lies they "accidentally forgot" to mention what clear evidence Johnny has of her abuse ...
Thanks a billion though for showing us this, anyway :love:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:05 am

Guess she lost her contact at People.
https://people.com/movies/Johnny-depps- ... witter.com

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:34 am

We've already read the transcript - but the door incident from her deposition. The smirking. Unbelievable. Smug.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... g-jaw.html

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Nothing is as simple as it appears

The Sun lawyers arguing that per English law depositions like the LAPD are considered hearsay if they cannot be cross examined in court or if the depositions weren’t ordered by the UK court

Worse...it appears Laura Divenere is recanting her declaration claiming she wasn’t represented and confused or coerced and there is an audio between her and AH and a transcript saying she wants to give her lawyers a declaration claiming she did see Amber red and swollen and crying. She had little interaction with Johnny and didnt know anything about Kate James. Laura now has a US lawyer and states she will not voluntarily help with The Sun

THR reported
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-e ... al-1285029

Filing by the UK attorney also painted Adam as playing Johnnys case to media and not submitting these declarations in VA case (which will not sit well with VA Judge)
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ocument/p2

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:50 pm

So: we don't know if Laura D has recanted her declaration or not. Just because AH's lawyers say so - not necessarily true. And if she has - seems a bit unreliable - you say something then recant it? Which one is the truth? It isn't unheard of that people regret making statements especially if mutual friends cut them out/off etc.

If JD's case relied totally on Laura's statement then maybe it would be time to panic. But .... audio tapes, other witnesses, video .........

I sense there is a real PR battle going on here between the two sides and the Sun side just responded to the last few days plus the release of today's video. Whilst that PR battle goes on there are probably separate negotiations are also ongoing.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:53 pm

Oh and I presume we are about to be treated to "Key Witness in JD's Defence Recants Testimony" from the mainstream and Murdoch press.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Adam said at one point Johnny will present 17 witnesses in UK. Wish I saw the list. And I hope they aren’t just declarations and depositions 🤷🏻‍♀️

myfave

Unread post by myfave » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:30 pm

I cannot watch her.
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Lbock, honestly Schillings and Brown Ruddnick before them would be well aware of what is permissible in a UK court. I honestly think this is some sabre rattling. JD has never made any secret that in both cases he will rely on the police officers' statements - and this issue of whether the statements are sufficient or whether they have to sit again has been argued in Virginia. It will not be new to either legal team in the UK. Police officers gave sworn testimony. I doubt very much they would have committed perjury.

AH/The Sun have been taking a PR drubbing everyday for the last few days. Winona, Penelope, Vanessa and today another story. They were somehow going to hit back and I anticipate another nasty JD story this week or over the weekend.

It is a horrible, nasty game.

If we take on face value that Laura Divenere has recanted - what does that do? Gives AH what is now an unreliable witness. She made a statement and then - months and months later - wobbles. Which version is true? Which one is a lie?

But most importantly we don't know if we can take this at face value. I've read what AH's lawyer has said. If Laura D is going to accuse Adam Waldman of coercing her, that is a very serious allegation. Why does AH's lawyer know this and yet has not got Laura to make another statement. Why did Laura say what she said about Kate James being bullied - Kate then backed up this version of events with some very credible statements and some evidence. Why do emails from AH to Marty Singer and the assistant whose name I can't remember (Kevin) show that she lies on documents?

Honestly. How reliable is AH's side and version of events? I imagine AH and her lawyers have said many, many things to the Sun which are simply not true.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:55 pm

The phone conversation between Laura D and AH
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... Laura.html

The tweet from Adam

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:17 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:38 pm
Lbock, honestly Schillings and Brown Ruddnick before them would be well aware of what is permissible in a UK court. I honestly think this is some sabre rattling. JD has never made any secret that in both cases he will rely on the police officers' statements - and this issue of whether the statements are sufficient or whether they have to sit again has been argued in Virginia. It will not be new to either legal team in the UK. Police officers gave sworn testimony. I doubt very much they would have committed perjury.

AH/The Sun have been taking a PR drubbing everyday for the last few days. Winona, Penelope, Vanessa and today another story. They were somehow going to hit back and I anticipate another nasty JD story this week or over the weekend.

It is a horrible, nasty game.

If we take on face value that Laura Divenere has recanted - what does that do? Gives AH what is now an unreliable witness. She made a statement and then - months and months later - wobbles. Which version is true? Which one is a lie?

But most importantly we don't know if we can take this at face value. I've read what AH's lawyer has said. If Laura D is going to accuse Adam Waldman of coercing her, that is a very serious allegation. Why does AH's lawyer know this and yet has not got Laura to make another statement. Why did Laura say what she said about Kate James being bullied - Kate then backed up this version of events with some very credible statements and some evidence. Why do emails from AH to Marty Singer and the assistant whose name I can't remember (Kevin) show that she lies on documents?

Honestly. How reliable is AH's side and version of events? I imagine AH and her lawyers have said many, many things to the Sun which are simply not true.
I agree. Laura D has made a mess of herself. Adam has every right to subpoena witnesses from the days before and after. Johnny said Sevens nice so treat her nice first and only subpoena if we have to

As for LAPD depositions, I was just generalizing and reporting what the lawyer was claiming. But when you have a change of lawyers, things can fall through the cracks. It happens. Not saying it did