The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:41 pm

Last edited by SnoopyDances on Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:43 pm

Last edited by SnoopyDances on Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:44 pm

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:05 pm

And by the way, nobody should feel sorry for her. She stayed in a $22.5K a month house during the trial, flew on a private jet to NYC and back to VA after the trial and was just seen shopping in the "Hamptons" (people believe her sister took the pic in front of a flappy fish market counter of the store :lol: :lol: :lol:). Now, I don't know whether that was the Hamptons in New York or Hampton, VA and someone got it wrong, but either way she is on a long vacation since the trial started. She can make people take her pics in a TJ Maxx in her Gucci shoes, but she has money - make no mistake about it.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:13 pm

She has multiple homes, cars, jewelry, designer shoes & clothes. Time for downsizing. She has contacts with deep pockets. Now that Rupert is available, maybe she will look his way. Anyone silly enough to feature her in any film will not only have to deal with the poor turn out for the film, but secret recordings and diva behavior.

myfave

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:19 pm

Ok thank you ForeverYoung
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Theresa » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:53 pm

Some interesting comments from the Law & Crime reporter who was in the courtroom for the judgement today.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:36 pm

Just to be clear, if she wants to appeal, she would have to put up a bond for the FULL amount of the verdict, not minus what she owes him. In otherwords, she would have to put up the bond for $10,350,000 plust 6% interest and he would have to put up a bond for $2mil. plus 6% interest. He was awarded $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages but there is cap in VA of $350,000 for punitive damages, which means his total amount is $10,350,000.

https://legalbeagle.com/4915132-appeal-bond-work.html

AdeleAgain

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:24 am

Granna wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:13 pm
She has multiple homes, cars, jewelry, designer shoes & clothes. Time for downsizing. She has contacts with deep pockets. Now that Rupert is available, maybe she will look his way. Anyone silly enough to feature her in any film will not only have to deal with the poor turn out for the film, but secret recordings and diva behavior.
Not sure she has multiple homes. She has a place out near Joshua Tree. She has rented in LA following the divorce and gave that place up sometime before the UK trial I believe. She clearly got used to spending heavily when she was with Johnny and maybe had some sort of allowance whilst she was with EM. The most she has earned has been the two million dollars for Aquaman 2. Although it appears alot of her legal fees have been covered by her insurers she would still have had costs associated with the case. I doubt L'Oreal pay her that much comparative to her lifestyle.

My gut instinct is that her baby is not EM's although I would guess (only a guess) she came to a financial settlement with him over the embryos and not using them. If her baby was EM's - wouldn't she be living in some nice house in LA?

Maybe I am wrong but my impression has always been that she has lived off wealthy 'patrons' - but really who would want to do that now?

I think we'll see her on reality TV in due course.

But you are right Granna she has loads of clothes and jewellery - I wonder that she really needs to go shopping in TJ Maxx so soon - surely she can manage on the clothes she already has? That was all just to have her picture in the papers.

But we will see - if she posts the money for the appeal it will be a pretty clear signal someone is still funding her - could be the ACLU through their friendly donor.

bringmethathorizon

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by bringmethathorizon » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:52 am

This all just makes me so happy :heartbeat: I love that Johnny didn’t let her off the hook and didn’t file an injunction, very smart !!! He is doing exactly what he should be doing, living his life free from that 🤬 totally ignoring her and letting his fantastic lawyers handle the pay off legalities 😊 she can go out and lie all she wants and it won’t hurt Johnny anymore 🥰 she did bad things and she should pay and face the consequences!!! I’m anxious to be on Johnnys obtruse road ahead and go with him beyond his beloved horizon 🏴‍☠️ You all are so great on the zone and helped me get through all this hoopla and I appreciate you all ♥️
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:24 am

I was under the impression that she has purchased the house for her father, sister Whitney, and had just purchased another home. It will be interesting to see what happens within the next 30 days as it is rumored, that JD, will file an appeal on the 2 million dollars that he owes her. But we will see. According to Elaine, she will be filing an appeal of some sort on July 1st, we will have to wait and see. Let us not forget that JD still is not done as he has to deal with Rocky Brooks. I also believe that there is another frivolous lawsuit against JD, from that crazy lady that has a habit of filing lawsuit against the celebrities. Let us not forget that he will be filming in France starting July 8th as King Louie. The man is definitely going to stay busy. I hope he can finish some of his songs and have them released with either Jeff Beck or the Hollywood vampires.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Theresa » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:34 am

Lbock's video about the judgment meeting...with fascinating notes from someone who was in court.
It seems to me that Judge A was really DONE with Elaine.

Scout

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Scout » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:44 pm

I think what a bond means is this:

JD gets the full amount of the damages. Someone else, a bond agent of some kind, can pay him. She pays the bond agent for this service, usually a percentage of the amount. So, let's say it's $100,000. She pays that to an official bond agent that the court works with and will accept. She does not get that payment back. If she wins an appeal and the damages are vacated or modified JD gives the money back to her and she must pay the bond agent. Perhaps the payment to JD must be held in escrow until the appeal is over. If she loses her appeal she owes the bond agent the verdict money which they put up for her. I see this is the law in VA so people do not just appeal to avoid payment. Makes sense. Most civil awards are not this much.

Can someone else just pay the damages on her behalf - like EM - I am not clear on that detail.

Jackslady

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Jackslady » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:40 am

Thank you all for the continued updates and explanations. This appeal business etc is very confusing to me. I think Johnny is doing the right thing by not commenting. He seems to have plenty of ongoing projects to occupy his time. It must drive her nuts to see him getting on with his life, but she has only herself to blame and deserves no sympathy.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:18 pm

Scout wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:44 pm
I think what a bond means is this:

JD gets the full amount of the damages. Someone else, a bond agent of some kind, can pay him. She pays the bond agent for this service, usually a percentage of the amount. So, let's say it's $100,000. She pays that to an official bond agent that the court works with and will accept. She does not get that payment back. If she wins an appeal and the damages are vacated or modified JD gives the money back to her and she must pay the bond agent. Perhaps the payment to JD must be held in escrow until the appeal is over. If she loses her appeal she owes the bond agent the verdict money which they put up for her. I see this is the law in VA so people do not just appeal to avoid payment. Makes sense. Most civil awards are not this much.

Can someone else just pay the damages on her behalf - like EM - I am not clear on that detail.
I don't think that it matters to the court who pays the verdict or the bond to the verdict but if it doesn't get paid, they will come after her so it better be someone or an organization she can trust.