The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:13 pm

So here is pt 1 of my series on Brooks. My first video didn’t fully load. Don’t worry, wait til you hear about Brook’s deposition

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:32 pm

Thank you Laura. Rocky's story does not make any sense.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:07 pm

I don't know how reliable this is, considering that the ex has not even filed for an appeal yet and the judge has not even signed and filed the final order yet either. If it is true that she is writing a "multi million dollar" tell all book, then she will have funds for JD to put a lien against since her atty says she can't pay the verdict AND she is running the risk of being sued again. This one will never learn.
:dunce: :no2: :smh:

https://okmagazine.com/p/amber-heard-in ... hnny-depp/
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:32 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:07 pm
I don't know how reliable this is, considering that the ex has not even filed for an appeal yet and the judge has not even signed and filed the final order yet either. If it is true that she is writing a "multi million dollar" tell all book, then she will have funds for JD to put a lien against since her atty says she can't pay the verdict AND she is running the risk of being sued again. This one will never learn.

OK Magazine is an extremely unreliable tabloid. They are writing these stories for clicks

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:50 pm

Judymac wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:32 pm
OK Magazine is an extremely unreliable tabloid. They are writing these stories for clicks
Agreed but even if it were true, nobody would buy it. The interview she did had the lowest ratings since November 2018, so I can't se why anyone would want to spend money to read a bunch of nonsense. JD has ben writing a bio for years and I'm willing to lay a bet her name will not be mentioned in it, if it ever gets published.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:58 pm

The problem with this kind of story is that it starts out as a tabloid story. Then, the unscrupulous main stream media will keep repeating the story.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:13 pm

ForeverYoung: If JD does publish his book, the chapter concerning the "Kween of the Sea" will be a blank page. Remember, she doesn't exist.

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:10 pm

Given that AH has now been found, by a jury, to have acted with malice against Johnny and she has stated on nationwide TV she has every intention of pursuing (“until her dying day”) further “legal” action against him, might he be granted a restraining order against her if he were to seek one?
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 am

justintime wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:10 pm
Given that AH has now been found, by a jury, to have acted with malice against Johnny and she has stated on nationwide TV she has every intention of pursuing (“until her dying day”) further “legal” action against him, might he be granted a restraining order against her if he were to seek one?
Johnny can not get a restraining order to prevent her from taking legal action. That is not the purpose of a restraining order. For him to get a restraining order there has to be more recent physical violence and threats. She has not said anything that would legally be a threat. Johnny could get an injunction because she is still defaming him.

AH's only legal action is to appeal. Then, she has to have legal grounds for the verdict to be overturned. There is always a losing side in court cases. The court does not overturn a verdict because one side is unhappy with the result. Also, AH can not bring another case against him. Theirr cases we
decided and she can not file a case based on the same allegations. The court does not work that way.

I find AH, annoying but that is it. The more she talks the more people are making fun of her. The interviews are not having the affect that Amber Heard wanted them to have. People talk about pledging money to their bill collectors.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:17 am

Judymac: Is an injunction possible? If she appeals & the court refuses to look at it OR sides with JD, what options are left? Thanks.

nebraska

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by nebraska » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 am

She doesn't matter and he is over it. He needs to walk away and completely ignore her, as should the rest of us.

The only thing that scares me is her professed "love", which seems more like crazy obsession. I think she is dangerous. Thank goodness he has strong security around him!

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:30 am

Judymac wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 am

….For him to get a restraining order there has to be more recent physical violence and threats. She has not said anything that would legally be a threat. Johnny could get an injunction because she is still defaming him….

AH's only legal action is to appeal. Then, she has to have legal grounds for the verdict to be overturned. There is always a losing side in court cases. The court does not overturn a verdict because one side is unhappy with the result. Also, AH can not bring another case against him….
Thank you, Judymac, for the RO clarifications. So, she has to commit a more recent atrocity on him for JD to be entitled to go that route?

I’ve read about the injunction option in a few places but it seems like the order itself, much less actually seeking one, could lead Johnny down another legal rabbit hole that could keep him involved with her for many reasons and for years going forward. Certainly the absolutely last avenue he would want to pursue, no? Is there an “up” side to requesting/being granted an injunction at this juncture? Thank you!
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:32 pm

nebraska wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 am
She doesn't matter and he is over it. He needs to walk away and completely ignore her, as should the rest of us.

The only thing that scares me is her professed "love", which seems more like crazy obsession. I think she is dangerous. Thank goodness he has strong security around him!
Couldn't agree more. She is completely obsessed with him and frankly I doubt she will ever voluntarily stop, even an injunction probably won't stop her. She craves attention and she escalates and escalates. I can't read about her anymore, since the trial. It makes me very anxious. So I am avoiding as much as possible.

It seems like our world lately is plagued by obsession. Obsessive people wanting what they can't have. It isn't going to end well, I fear.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:54 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:07 pm

I think "tell-all" goes way behond her time with Johnny. She is looking to "put some pressure" on people to help her out. IMHO

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:48 pm

justintime wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:30 am
Judymac wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 am

….For him to get a restraining order there has to be more recent physical violence and threats. She has not said anything that would legally be a threat. Johnny could get an injunction because she is still defaming him….

AH's only legal action is to appeal. Then, she has to have legal grounds for the verdict to be overturned. There is always a losing side in court cases. The court does not overturn a verdict because one side is unhappy with the result. Also, AH can not bring another case against him….
Thank you, Judymac, for the RO clarifications. So, she has to commit a more recent atrocity on him for JD to be entitled to go that route?

I’ve read about the injunction option in a few places but it seems like the order itself, much less actually seeking one, could lead Johnny down another legal rabbit hole that could keep him involved with her for many reasons and for years going forward. Certainly the absolutely last avenue he would want to pursue, no? Is there an “up” side to requesting/being granted an injunction at this juncture? Thank you!

No, Sorry I made it hard to understand. I was talking about two different actions.

Johnny won the lawsuit so if AH continues to defame he can get an injunction. Here is the definition of an injunction: " a judicial order that restrains a person from beginning or continuing an action threatening or invading the legal right of another" It is a legal order for her to stop defaming him. An injunction is a court order, if she disobeys the injunction she can be fined or jailed. Johnny does not enforce the injunction the court enforces it. I think people think that he has to be involved in enforcement of the injunction, but that is not the way it works.

My second comment was on AH's options other than appealing the ruling. Some people wonder if AH can sue Johnny again and the answer is no. You can not sue more than once over the same actions. Johnny would have to make defamatory statements against AH in order for her to AH to sue him again. That is not likely to happen, since Johnny never actually made the defamatory comments against AH, Adam Waldman made the comments. AH does not get to sue Johnny again because she does not like the results of the trial. The only thing she can do is appeal. IMO, part of AH's strategy is to bait Johnny into making comments about her. Johnny is smart and he has smart lawyers. I am sure that they are advising him not to say anything about AH