The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:34 pm

This video is made by an attorney who is active on twitter and was live streaming with the attorney I was watching. She made a video about the explanation of the appeals process if the ex were to appeal. She did a really good job explaining it in a way everyone can understand.

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:09 pm

Ben and Camille were on a couple of the morning shows today--

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Thank you Theresa, my first chance to see these. I think both interviews were well done and both lawyers came across as the total professionals that they are.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

marijose

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by marijose » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:39 pm

I've just found this interview with Camille. I's in Spanish with subtitles in English.

Inquiring Minds

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:10 pm

How do you bribe a UK High Court judge?

In the hypothetical situation where you wanted to bribe a UK High Court judge, how would you go about it? Do you hunt him down in a café, having a quiet coffee by himself, sit down and just lay it on him? Or would you be more discreet? Maybe approach him in a less public venue?

And what if you are well known yourself? You would want to do it out of the public’s view. Or you could use proxies. A mutual friend. Maybe a professional could be engaged to broker the bribe. Anything to maintain plausible deniability.

And what about the money trail? How do you obfuscate the records and hide the receipts? Maybe the currency isn’t strictly cash, maybe an asset or something valuable but less tangible – even a favour. Maybe it’s a quid pro quo deal. Or you could employ intermediaries to both handle the money and remove any direct connection between the parties. In a famous Australian case, a State Premier was bribed by a corporation, in full public view, under the guise of a defamation trial (settled before it made it to court). Criminals can be very clever and innovative. I’m sure anyone that has examined lots of such criminals in action would have seen many variations – those that did and didn’t work in a legal context.

The reason I ask is because it strikes me that other people would have to be involved. People will know things, and other people will know (or suspect) these people were complicit and have some basis for holding this belief. It could be something that was said. An unexplained money transfer. The HR department being told to hire someone. Evidence would be left in the wake. Even the wake itself tells us things – what paper trail should exist but has been erased? And if we can see where the trail starts and ends, we should be able to figure out where to look in between for trace evidence.

If we added up all the money/benefits we see changing hands, would could even determine just how much the verdict of a UK High Court judge is worth. And that’s something I think a lot of people would like to know.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:16 pm

Boy, she sure knows how to pick 'em. :smh: :facepalm: :no2:

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:56 pm

JD's friend talking about him when the verdict was read.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:11 am

I thought she said that she just wants to get on with her life. Now she is doing interviews whining that social media was not fair to her and that the jury sided with him because he is a beloved actor. :hypnotic: :facepalm: :smh:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ex ... b80c1bc0a3

AdeleAgain

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:19 am

She is never going to shut up.

Fair representation in social media - geez she has used and manipulated the media.

I am just watching the clip for the interview. She is now saying it's all because he is a beloved actor. I see her side are rolling back from claiming the jury were tainted by social media.

Still a first - she said something nice about him - well his acting skills anyway.

bringmethathorizon

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by bringmethathorizon » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:54 am

OMG 😱 now AH is on the Today show I’m interview with Savanna Guthrie for the next 3 days and a special on Friday night 🤨 why doesn’t she stop all this and with her doing all this is still damaging Johnny 😡 Why would he let her off the hook with the money while she’s doing this !!!!!!! Can Johnny waive the $8 million if she signs a shut the FU waiver or whatever It’s getting ridiculous with her 😡 Any thoughts ?
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:03 am

I don't think it will work. She has not honored any agreement thus far with JD. She will never shut up until she destroys him. Some of her stans like Barlow, Proudman & Dauber are leading the charge of nastiness. This is far from over. Until we have legislation that accusers found guilty should be jailed & pay full restitution with interest to their victims. AH will hit every talk show there is. Her PR will keep her name in the headlines, crying oh woe is me.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:19 am

Granna wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:03 am
I don't think it will work. She has not honored any agreement thus far with JD. She will never shut up until she destroys him. Some of her stans like Barlow, Proudman & Dauber are leading the charge of nastiness. This is far from over. Until we have legislation that accusers found guilty should be jailed & pay full restitution with interest to their victims. AH will hit every talk show there is. Her PR will keep her name in the headlines, crying oh woe is me.
After a while people will get tired of her. She just can't handle the fact that she lost his claim against her. The people have spoken and she doesn't like it. JD opened a Tik Tok account and had 2 million followers before he even posted anything. The more she does these interviews the more bad she looks, so let her go on and keep making a fool out of herself.

There are pics of her getting off a private plane in Virginia. Reports were that she went to New York City and left from New Jersey to go back to Virginia. Funny that she doesn't call the paps when she landed in New York. She isn't broke. No way should JD drop the money she owes him.

hollyberry

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:24 am

I have frankly lost all faith in #metoo. I think it set out as a genuinely good movement to protect vulnerable young women in Hollywood and has turned into a man hating misogynistic toxic organisation. They are setting a terrible example. Abuse is abuse whatever the sex of the victim.
I am hoping Johnny gets some good bodyguards. Heard has the makings of another Patrizia Gucci. And I really think she should have been prosecuted for assaulting him. I'm seething that she seems to have used her gender to get away with what is a serious crime. :mad2:

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:40 am

Sadly I just don’t believe Savannah Gunthrie is going to push back on her enough. Twice Amber said 3 1/2 weeks for the trial and Savannah didn’t say oh but you also had equal amount of time to present your case. They’re going to let Amber re-try this case, fabricate this case in the interview. We saw pap photos of Amber carrying a folder of documents. They’re going to allow her to present the evidence that was not admissible, carte blanche, no opposition from Johnny’s team and Savannah is a lawyer and knows better. Elaine already alluded to some of this evidence. She is going to bring in Judge Nichol vile judgement with no opposition or explanation why it wasn’t allowed.

myfave

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:00 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:19 am
Granna wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:03 am
After a while people will get tired of her. She just can't handle the fact that she lost his claim against her. The people have spoken and she doesn't like it. JD opened a Tik Tok account and had 2 million followers before he even posted anything. The more she does these interviews the more bad she looks, so let her go on and keep making a fool out of herself.

There are pics of her getting off a private plane in Virginia. Reports were that she went to New York City and left from New Jersey to go back to Virginia. Funny that she doesn't call the paps when she landed in New York. She isn't broke. No way should JD drop the money she owes him.
I agree he should not drop money she owes him. I have a feeling he will be losing money because of her. Sadly she’s not through with him yet.
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*