The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:02 pm

Rumor: Apparently, there is collaboration with the media & legislators to block you tubers and others from bringing further info to the public. Media is also trying to block cameras in the courtroom. As a result of the Depp v Heard case.
As it was speculated, Heard's team is in full spin mode. Social media is trying to blame JD for evidence that his team blocked.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:37 pm

I'm just going to leave this here.

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:48 pm

Her PR team is trying desperately to save her reputation but that's long gone. They can spin all the :censored: they want but she will NEVER live down what was found in his bed. Nobody anywhere, except her freeloading friend iO, has supported the 4lb teacup terrier dog story. :smh: :facepalm: :dunce:

Besides, everyone watching the trial heard her admit to physical abuse and calling him a baby after he called her out for hitting him in the head with a door and the way she carried on in the tapes clearly shows she is an unhinged person.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:55 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:51 pm
MSM has gone into meltdown and the shills are out in force. These are malicious and, imo, defamatory. A number are claiming JD has used DARVO against AH. DARVO, is a direct claim that the one claiming to have been the victim (ie JD) was actually the perpetrator. They have called him an abuser, plain and simple.

I thought this was going to be over, instead the shill press have hit overdrive. I've started collecting names, articles and links. I would recommend others do the same. I guess JD will be able to recover the shortfall from the VA trial many times over in a blitz of scorched earth lawsuits. Even if JD is litigation weary, he can always licence the recovery task to one or more legal teams - maybe even a network spanning several countries. I expect that Mr Waldman, Mr Chew and Ms Valequez will have plenty of work over the next few years.

Has Nicol made any public statement yet?
I now see that I was naive, imagining that he would have a fresh start in this country. These mainstream newspapers that I grew up loving and respecting to the skies, all gone. It's all about the money they need to continue. Even if they actually have nothing of value to say. Johnny, stay in Europe.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 pm

fireflydances wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:31 pm
Yes, indeed, it's a stupid comment by Mr. Scott. I still feel strongly that there has to be someone playing ball on the Depp team. Yes, he won a wonderful verdict, but I believe his ultimate goal is to restore his reputation. The media is spinning this as a LOSS for women. There are congressmen trying to pass laws that will prohibit future trial juries like this in the future (both of these new "facts" from That Umbrella Guy).

We know JD is RIGHT and the other one lied. But Team Depp and those who support Johnny can't turn our backs. We have to continue to resist and someone in PR on Johnny's side needs to get articles out there. Nothing in this world of media is static. It always moves.

Anyway, I hope someone gets what I am trying to say. I guess I will end for the day.
I get very frustrated because I see people getting upset over things that are unlikely to happen.
Saying that some Congressmen are trying to pass a law banning this type of trial is very vague. It is unlikely that a Federal law banning this type of trial will pass anytime soon. It has to be passed by the U.S House of Representatives and the Senate. Both houses of Congress are made up of Democrats and Republicans. There is so much animosity between Democrats and Republicans that they can not agree on the simplest things. It's called gridlock. In order to pass a bill there needs to be support from both parties. There are also many steps and may obstacles to passing a law. My explanation is a very simplified version of how a bill becomes a law. But, my point is not about how a bill becomes a law. It frustrates me that people on social media state things that could happen as if they are fact. Anything that could happen could also not happen. I am trying to get people to take a step back take a deep breath and stop worrying about things that might not happen. It is good to care about Johnny, but I wish people would recognize what the worrying is doing to them. I am stepping away from this lawsuits thread because I am too frustrated.

Granna

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:02 pm

As long as you have people at Disney, WB, all the tabloids, social media, etc. Heard has connections with Musk & Murdock. Until Hollywood cleans up its' scum, JD is better off in Europe. Let Heard & Musk destroy the media, Hollywood & rule the world.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:29 pm

Granna wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:02 pm
As long as you have people at Disney, WB, all the tabloids, social media, etc. Heard has connections with Musk & Murdock. Until Hollywood cleans up its' scum, JD is better off in Europe. Let Heard & Musk destroy the media, Hollywood & rule the world.
The same newspaper owned by RM which posted a pic of her fake bruise approx 6 yr ago today, has now circulated a paper with JD on the cover with the headline Johnny BE GOOD and as for the Rocket man... he refused to testify for her.

https://nypost.pressreader.com/article/281479280050455

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:35 pm

If anyone wants a good laugh...

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:27 am

hollyberry

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:02 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:08 pm
fireflydances wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:01 pm
NY Times
The Actual Malice of the Johnny Depp Trial June 2, 2022
A.O. Scott, co-chief film critic

A very long article.

One odd comment I noticed off the bat: "In that regard, Depp possessed distinct advantages. He isn’t a better actor than Heard, but her conduct on the stand was more harshly criticized in no small part because he’s a more familiar performer, a bigger star who has dwelled for much longer in the glow of public approbation."

Another sample:

"Because he’s a man. Celebrity and masculinity confer mutually reinforcing advantages. Famous men — athletes, actors, musicians, politicians — get to be that way partly because they represent what other men aspire to be. Defending their prerogatives is a way of protecting, and asserting, our own. We want them to be bad boys, to break the rules and get away with it. Their seigneurial right to sexual gratification is something the rest of us might resent, envy or disapprove of, but we rarely challenge it. These guys are cool. They do what they want, including to women. Anyone who objects is guilty of wokeness, or gender treason, or actual malice."
"He isn't a better actor than Heard"???
:spin: :harhar: :biglaugh: :giddy: :lol: :rotflmao:
Two Oscar nominations. Enough said.

thiefcat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by thiefcat » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:28 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Depp.html

I like what the Juror said. But the last part he said she reminded him of his Ex who had been gaslighting. Hope whatever he said will not pose a problem later. I meant as a excuse/platform for them to file for an appeal by her side although they are filing anyway. Remember who said this last week. "I just want Johnny to leave me alone." Oh my god!

*source cannot be verified.*

Sweeney Todd

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:01 am

I'm beyond happy for Johnny and I couldn't be happier that I get to live in a world where justice was finally served. :heart:
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

hollyberry

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by hollyberry » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:08 am

Just reminding whoever said the husband beater was an actor on Johnny's scale.....that she's not.

nebraska

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by nebraska » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:47 am

I agree with Judymac that we just need to chill and move on. Filing an appeal is part of the usual process and I think she will have trouble coming up with grounds that will actually move an appeal forward. Did anyone really believe MSM would change their agenda and be truthful? Johnny won, the public has heard his story and stood behind him. Let's just celebrate that! This nastiness will blow over if we let it.

Elaine's media tour is bordering on unethical and she is likely to find herself in a whole lot of trouble if she doesn't tone down her rhetoric. Let's remember that AH's new PR guy is not a nice man and eventually Karma is going to bite them all in the behind. If we just sit back and let it. We do not have to fall into their ugly game by participating.

I am not going to let them rob me of my peace and my joy in Johnny's victory. I am not going to stoop to their level.

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:51 am

nebraska wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:47 am
I agree with Judymac that we just need to chill and move on. Filing an appeal is part of the usual process and I think she will have trouble coming up with grounds that will actually move an appeal forward. Did anyone really believe MSM would change their agenda and be truthful? Johnny won, the public has heard his story and stood behind him. Let's just celebrate that! This nastiness will blow over if we let it.

Elaine's media tour is bordering on unethical and she is likely to find herself in a whole lot of trouble if she doesn't tone down her rhetoric. Let's remember that AH's new PR guy is not a nice man and eventually Karma is going to bite them all in the behind. If we just sit back and let it. We do not have to fall into their ugly game by participating.

I am not going to let them rob me of my peace and my joy in Johnny's victory. I am not going to stoop to their level.
Thank you