The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 3523
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Fri May 13, 2022 4:22 pm

Frankly, JD’s reputation was savaged in equal parts by AH and the media. AH got on board because she felt any harm she could inflict on JD would help salve her fragile ego. The media did it clear-eyed, knowing their actions would destroy JD. And they didn’t spend much time wondering whether he was guilty or not. He was convenient, a charismatic figure, sometimes a bit of a scamp -- which would make it easier to hang unpleasant things on him. It could be righteously stated that they figured he was a necessary sacrifice in the fight to raise high the plight of women who historically suffered at the hands of prominent men. But it could also be said that they did it to raise their own profile in a competition to demonstrate who could tar someone better than anyone else. One could also say that the Washington Post and ACLU joined hands and walked this story down because it worked really well for both organizations. So, yes, AH set the ball rolling, and that’s why she sits in the witness box. What about the other two? At no point in the game to elevate themselves did either stop and consider that a real man was involved with a real family and a valuable career. The players played and now, how can we assure a good man has a chance to restore his reputation?
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Someareborn
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Fri May 13, 2022 5:20 pm

I agree here, the media was thrilled to jump on the wagon destroying JDs career, followed by the destruction of his private life.
But AH is not that evil mastermind in my opinion. This is my theory:
She felt insecure and intimidated, had no tools to mantain a stable, intimate relationship, the frustration about the lack of solution about this turned into violent behaviour from her side. She strategised her way out of it since late 2015, took "corroborating" pictures and blackmailed him for money in the divorce.
I think she wanted the story to stop right there, but could not resist the career option metoo presented and took it too far. (Inventing incidents and details which will break her neck)

For me, the malicious element came 2015 into the mix. I define it as a toxic relationship in the sense that she could not give him what he needed and he could not give her what she needed - which resulted in arguments, and all downhill from there.
Well, I am not okay for her being ridiculed on social media. Calling her out on bullshit and changing testinony is part of finding the truth.

I read an article that analog media is now adapting to the narrative of social media, leaning towards JD, and that this should be viewed as critical. That #justiceforjohnny is a campaign....blablabla. They are completly ignoring that so-called fans read pages of court documents and that they are specialists in the case, whether journalists of these articles only seem to have rough dates of the case. And yet the public should believe their agenda.

User avatar
myfave
Posts: 6265
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Fri May 13, 2022 5:23 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:12 pm
I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for her. Not now, not ever. It's because of her that JD has left Hollywood. She ruined his life, reputation and his career on lies all because he would not give into her demands. She was setting him up for years keeping old staged photos of fake injuries and him sleeping. She deserves every bit of backlash she can get because she is pure evil who uses people for whatever she can get and takes hissy fits when things go her way. She is an abusive :censored: :censored: :censored: and I hope we never have to see her face again.

I agree 100%. Don’t apologize for not feeling sorry for her. She set herself up for this mess.
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1976
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri May 13, 2022 5:30 pm

The media has always enjoyed trashing JD because he is an easy target and because he is beloved by millions of people, they know they will get clicks, imo. The ex, in stirring up the media, caused him to loose POTC and FB2 as well as other potential films. Did she take the pic of the fake bruise to the police? No - she sold it to right the NYP because he didn't give into her extortion demands and right after his mother died. The woman makes me sick to my stomach. I hope her and all her freeloading friends and family that Johnny treated like gold all rot some place where the sun don't shine forever.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
bringmethathorizon
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by bringmethathorizon » Fri May 13, 2022 8:30 pm

Your right ForeverYoung 🤨 Johnny is his own person, very unique and eclectic! Doesn’t play by the Hollywood rules and kiss anyones a—. Plus he is drop dead gorgeous and the most talented Hollywood has seen and they dont know quite what to make of him 😳 Of course this is why we all love him so much, we “Get” him and love, admire and respect him ♥️ I have not liked everything Johnny has done, the drugs , drink some movies and it was hard but even for taking up with Amber 🤨 that was very hard for me to deal with. But he is human and he’s made some mistakes as we all have. I hope he gets the Justice and respect that he deserves, and lots of apologies !!!! As for AH she brought this all on herself and needs to be made accountable!!!!!!
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

Granna
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:44 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Fri May 13, 2022 8:40 pm

Bringmethathorizon: Thank you for your input. I was seriously considering leaving the "Zone". I feel like I am in the "twitter" zone, as of late.

User avatar
myfave
Posts: 6265
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Fri May 13, 2022 10:28 pm

Granna wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:40 pm
Bringmethathorizon: Thank you for your input. I was seriously considering leaving the "Zone". I feel like I am in the "twitter" zone, as of late.
Don’t leave! I enjoy your comments. This is the Deppzone. Justice for Johnny.
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

Inquiring Minds
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri May 13, 2022 11:03 pm

Granna wrote:
Bringmethathorizon: Thank you for your input. I was seriously considering leaving the "Zone". I feel like I am in the "twitter" zone, as of late.
Nooooooo!!! Don't you dare lol. Rest assured, there is plenty of solid support - both blind and reasoned. And for most of those, absolute. I've learned so much on this ride that no doubt remains in my mind that JD is not just not guilty, but innocent.

Inquiring Minds
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri May 13, 2022 11:26 pm

Lbock wrote:
I am sorry I’ve been away. I was exhausted from attending the trail and then I’ve been following up with all the legal commentators
You are doing a great job thank you Lbock. When watching the trial, I'm always looking in the gallery for a familiar, friendly face. Too often it's been Barlow, Taft or that new PR guy :sad:

Twitter only lets me see the top few of your posts before demanding I sign in, but I've caught your comments and observations on a few of the popular youtube sites.

Get what rest you can and stay strong. All my support and good vibes to you.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1976
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat May 14, 2022 12:50 am

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:26 pm
Lbock wrote:
I am sorry I’ve been away. I was exhausted from attending the trail and then I’ve been following up with all the legal commentators
You are doing a great job thank you Lbock. When watching the trial, I'm always looking in the gallery for a familiar, friendly face. Too often it's been Barlow, Taft or that new PR guy :sad:

Twitter only lets me see the top few of your posts before demanding I sign in, but I've caught your comments and observations on a few of the popular youtube sites.

Get what rest you can and stay strong. All my support and good vibes to you.
The two women you mentioned are banned from the courtroom for violating the judge's order and the new PR guy has been scolded a few times also. :smh:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

DannyPlaysPoker
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 4:40 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by DannyPlaysPoker » Sat May 14, 2022 4:52 am

This is my second post here -- I dropped in a day ago with some thoughts, the one that has me back is about how Amber Heard referenced Kate Moss in her testimony last week in the trial. A person few expected to come up in the trial! Her attorneys did not want her to say that. They may have told her 10 times don’t bring up Kate Moss.

Amber Heard's mention of Moss is likely to come up in cross-examination. If Heard expounds on what she thinks about Moss..

The jury's going to be wondering whether Johnny did, in fact, do something to Kate Moss. If the judge didn't want unsubstantiated rumors or previous relationships to enter the case, and Heard did it anyway..

Depp's legal team may reach out to Kate Moss to testify. Moss has never publicly accused Johnny of misconduct. Also, more broadly, it could open the door to new evidence on past relationships. Of course, Amber Heard was arrested on a domestic-violence charge in 2009. Yep, she was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence. Indeed, her mugshot surfaced! Arrested and booked for misdemeanor domestic violence, had her mug shot taken and spent the night in jail. Of course, Johnny said he was punched and struck by her on many occasions, and that she threw things at him.

Note also, if it hasn't come up, a viral mugshot of Amber Heard from 2003 -- booked for driving with a suspended license. Badly behaved teenager.

I'm also going back over Kate James, describing multiple times Amber Heard screaming at her over the phone:

'Barrages of abusive text messages, day and night. A lot of them in the middle of the night. I think between 2 and 4 a.m. the barrage would start that I’d wake up to. All incoherent not really making sense just basically someone to lash out at, you know? No apparent reason to it..'

She also claimed that AH was verbally abusive to her sister. She also detailed what she observed regarding Heard being abusive to her mother..

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sat May 14, 2022 9:31 am

AH's said that two people told her about the Kate Moss incident. That is the definition of hearsay. Johnny's team could have objected on the ground of hearsay, but thy did not. Each side can only cross examine on topics that are brought up in direct examination. AH opened the door on being cross examined on AH's prior domestic violence. You say that the judge could have shut down the unsubstantiated rumors, but that is not the judges job. *Judges rule on objections they don't make the objections for either side* If the judge would not have let that in, then Johnny's side could not bring up AH's previous DV. Again, Johnny's side chose not to object and they had a good reason for doing so. When Johnny's team cross examines AH, they can hammer the point that AH does not have any direct knowledge of any abuse between Johnny and Kate.

Neither side can just bring in a witness. The witness has to give a deposition and then the opposing side gets a copy of the deposition. Since there is a break in the trial, they might be deposing Kate Moss. I am thinking that she will not be brought in. It might be a risk to bring her in. She could say that the stair incident never appended. However, AH's team would get to cross examine Kate Moss. I am sure that they would bring up the well know fact that Johnny and Kate did a lot of hard partying. They would use that to bolster their claims of Johnny being out of control with drinking and drugs. IMO, they do not need to bring in Kate Moss. They can point out that AH does not have direct knowledge of the stair incident.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1976
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat May 14, 2022 12:34 pm

I am just going to leave this here.

Image
Image
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 991
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Sat May 14, 2022 1:29 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:34 pm
I am just going to leave this here.

Image
Image

It definitely sounds like they are trying to use leverage to get a better divorce settlement. Thank goodness that Johnny did not give in to their demands. I think tht AH's divorce lawyer was one of the people encouraging AH to extort as much money as possible from Johnny. :censored:

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1976
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat May 14, 2022 3:07 pm

"We are indeed hopeful that we can swiftly work out mutually acceptable short and long term solutions outside of the public eye."
To me that is a threat right there and besides, JD practically begged her on the audio tapes to do a quiet divorce and she refused but now she was willing to keep it out of the public eye if he gave into her demands. Well, he said no and the rest is now history.
Oh, and now we can add the loss of his penthouses to the list of everything else she did to him.

I guess the memories of fearing for her life went right out the window when she took his bed, his living room furniture, dining table, pictures and other things that she put post-it notes on which she wasn't even supposed to get from the penthouse apartments.

All these things she either got or didn't get, yet she "wanted nothing."
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."