The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:15 am

Three people now have confirmed that she goes off on tantrums and mistreats people and there is many more witnesses to come.

On another note, it's being said that her so called "legendary journalist" friend sitting in the front row with a lap top giving everyone the evil eye, is passing notes between the ex and counsel and getting JD fans thrown out of the courtroom. However, after Gina was dismissed, counsel were at the bench and then her lawyer stomped over to the front row and got in the friend's face and soon after that the friend was sitting in the back row. She was doing something back there which caused security to come over and talk to her and then next scene she wasn't there anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems her team is busy at work reporting JD twitter fan names to the media and trying to get their accounts suspended. Looks like they are targeting people following certain other people, who shall remain nameless.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Newt
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Newt » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:54 am

I think it's easy to get panicked when it's still early days. Yesterday was really, really tedious especially with Isaac being such a ball of fire the day before. Ultimately, Amber is a compulsive liar and also an idiot. Can't believe (thank god she did though) she admitted so many times to hitting Johnny.

justintime
Posts: 1982
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:27 pm

Re: “fake punch footage”
RumLover wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:52 am
I am sure we never saw it. Concierge Trinity Esparza said in her deposition she showed it to other staff. She wanted to show it to lawyers checking video but she was instructed not to be helpful so it was not included on the subpoena. Until Isaac's testimony, I don't think it was said that Trinity had shown it to residents.
I think there might have been an animation of punch that someone made based on Trinity description.
So why are everybody’s knickers in a twist over this video? For possibly a very good reason.

I find RumLover’s post downright chilling. Part of Johnny’s claim is the construction and implementation of a sickening hoax (a hideous plot begun years ago by the ambitious, twisted AH) that would destroy JD and leave the “battered” ex-wife and cohorts financially set for life.

In Concierge Trinity Esparza’s sworn depo:
> she says she showed it to other staff.
> she wanted to show it to lawyers checking video, BUT
> she was instructed not to be helpful SO
> it was not included on the subpoena

Bottom line:
1. Seems like a hell of a lot of risk being taken by some serious players (wonder if Trinity mentions who instructed her not to be helpful and why) determined to clear the field of anything that might create a bothersome stumble on the yellow brick road going forward; and
2. I’m old and have failed to properly field too many curve balls in my life so I apologize for my intolerance and arrogance, and for not embracing the deceptively comforting implications of it being too soon to be worrying. My motto now is, “When it’s life or death, there’s no such thing as over-preparing. I can turn off the alarm later.”
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
nebraska
Posts: 31586
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: near Omaha
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by nebraska » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:42 pm

I really think I saw the elevator fake punch video somewhere, but I can't remember where. In the last few years I have watched so much stuff! But if my (and other's) memory is correct it certainly still exists somewhere.

Someareborn
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Once more, back to the therapist.
Are we ignoring that AH apparently showed her her bruised face in person?

If the therapist is not lying, and I see no reason for it, her face had bruises on? But if so, why is this not in the notes and would a therapist be ordered to make a statement to the police? Would AH put bruise make-up on two days after the Cordon Show to show her therapist?? And further, would the therapist not ask or talk about hitting each other in the next couples therapy session? Like "AH reported you hit her. Is that true, what lead you to do that?" By asking that, you could check if it indeed was"mutual abuse" She now claims it was mutual abuse without proof.
I am confused.

Gina:
I feel sorry for her. But I have the same feeling like someone else here. Maybe its good that she avoided cross examination. But I wonder what her testimony would have added to the case.

Sorry if I come across pointing at holes in the story all the time, I just want to know what has happened. And why both of them have such a different intake of the reality.

I saw that key "Team-Depp" Twitter users in Fairfax turned their accounts to private ones.
For good reason I guess - i hope they make it through the trial without getting mentally challenged too much.

justintime
Posts: 1982
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:25 pm

FYI: Plaintiff’s motion to “exclude Eve Barlow for pendency of trial”, ORDER GRANTED April 15th, 2022.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 5-2022.pdf
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Yaya
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Yaya » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:04 pm

Someareborn wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:02 pm
Once more, back to the therapist.
Are we ignoring that AH apparently showed her her bruised face in person?

If the therapist is not lying, and I see no reason for it, her face had bruises on? But if so, why is this not in the notes and would a therapist be ordered to make a statement to the police? Would AH put bruise make-up on two days after the Cordon Show to show her therapist?? And further, would the therapist not ask or talk about hitting each other in the next couples therapy session? Like "AH reported you hit her. Is that true, what lead you to do that?" By asking that, you could check if it indeed was"mutual abuse" She now claims it was mutual abuse without proof.
I am confused.

Gina:
I feel sorry for her. But I have the same feeling like someone else here. Maybe its good that she avoided cross examination. But I wonder what her testimony would have added to the case.

Sorry if I come across pointing at holes in the story all the time, I just want to know what has happened. And why both of them have such a different intake of the reality.

I saw that key "Team-Depp" Twitter users in Fairfax turned their accounts to private ones.
For good reason I guess - i hope they make it through the trial without getting mentally challenged too much.
There's something in the therapist' statement that I found weird. Why did AH felt the need to bring photographs of the bruise on her face when she just had to show it to the therapist, which she did. Why bring photos at all?

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:19 pm

Yaya wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:04 pm
Someareborn wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:02 pm
Once more, back to the therapist.
Are we ignoring that AH apparently showed her her bruised face in person?

If the therapist is not lying, and I see no reason for it, her face had bruises on? But if so, why is this not in the notes and would a therapist be ordered to make a statement to the police? Would AH put bruise make-up on two days after the Cordon Show to show her therapist?? And further, would the therapist not ask or talk about hitting each other in the next couples therapy session? Like "AH reported you hit her. Is that true, what lead you to do that?" By asking that, you could check if it indeed was"mutual abuse" She now claims it was mutual abuse without proof.
I am confused.

Gina:
I feel sorry for her. But I have the same feeling like someone else here. Maybe its good that she avoided cross examination. But I wonder what her testimony would have added to the case.

Sorry if I come across pointing at holes in the story all the time, I just want to know what has happened. And why both of them have such a different intake of the reality.

I saw that key "Team-Depp" Twitter users in Fairfax turned their accounts to private ones.
For good reason I guess - i hope they make it through the trial without getting mentally challenged too much.
There's something in the therapist' statement that I found weird. Why did AH felt the need to bring photographs of the bruise on her face when she just had to show it to the therapist, which she did. Why bring photos at all?
She was setting up the therapist, imo, just like she tried to do with everyone else, including Johnny's friend Isaac. Also, Her lawyers are bring up the fact that she could have been covering her alleged injuries with make up. I don't care how much make up anyone puts on, it doesn't hide swelling and besides, just like make up could hide injuries, it can also be used for fake injuries as well. She has been planning this for years with her set up pictures and hidden video recordings such as the one in the kitchen which had NOTHING even to do with her.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Someareborn
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:14 pm

Yaya wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:04 pm

There's something in the therapist' statement that I found weird. Why did AH felt the need to bring photographs of the bruise on her face when she just had to show it to the therapist, which she did. Why bring photos at all?
Very good question. JDs lawyer did not dive into details about that, as far as I could see from the deposition. So maybe it was AHs plan to "strategise a way for herself", to lay a foundation. Thats why she brought the pictures? And to top it all off she put fake bruise make-up on. (Really?)
Sounds too crazy to believe, but again, I do not understand the way of treatment by this therapist.
And the "I don't want to know"-Approach.

I watched Kate James testimony and have to say that I did not like her remarks in the cross. In general I have a hard time when witnesses try to "escape" or can't admit the obvious. (f.e. "spot of purple") It makes them look evasive. Isaac handled these things beautifully, referring to himself being called a c*** by JD or living rent free in the penthouses "like everyone else".

Looking forward to some crushing video depositions by Team Depp on AHs friends. Their testimony has more holes than a swiss cheese.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:28 pm

Newt wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:54 am
I think it's easy to get panicked when it's still early days. Yesterday was really, really tedious especially with Isaac being such a ball of fire the day before. Ultimately, Amber is a compulsive liar and also an idiot. Can't believe (thank god she did though) she admitted so many times to hitting Johnny.
There isn't any reason to get panicked at this point. I think that people are afraid because of the results of the UK trial, but this is not the U.K. trial Everyone needs to understand that it is still very early in this trial. The jurors are listening and taking notes. They will not make up their minds based on something that was said or done on day 2. They will make up their minds based on the total evidence. The judge gives them them an instruction at various times during the trial not to make up their minds until they have heard all of the evidence.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:02 pm

Judymac wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:28 pm
Newt wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:54 am
I think it's easy to get panicked when it's still early days. Yesterday was really, really tedious especially with Isaac being such a ball of fire the day before. Ultimately, Amber is a compulsive liar and also an idiot. Can't believe (thank god she did though) she admitted so many times to hitting Johnny.
There isn't any reason to get panicked at this point. I think that people are afraid because of the results of the UK trial, but this is not the U.K. trial Everyone needs to understand that it is still very early in this trial. The jurors are listening and taking notes. They will not make up their minds based on something that was said or done on day 2. They will make up their minds based on the total evidence. The judge gives them them an instruction at various times during the trial not to make up their minds until they have heard all of the evidence.
Right, and let's not forget that even if a witness gets dismissed and/or their testimony (or part of their testimony) gets stricken from the record, the jury still heard what was said.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:08 pm

justintime wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:25 pm
FYI: Plaintiff’s motion to “exclude Eve Barlow for pendency of trial”, ORDER GRANTED April 15th, 2022.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 5-2022.pdf
Excellent news. Now we won't' have to look at that snarky face live in the courtroom for the next five weeks :biggrin: . She thought she was all high and mighty giving JD's witnesses evil stares and passing notes to the ex and her counsel and now she's gone!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

thiefcat
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by thiefcat » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:49 pm

Judymac wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:07 am
thiefcat wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:15 pm
I understand Issac is Johnny's witness. After Elaine finished her cross examination with him.

Johnny's female lawyer asked Issac some questions, after Elaine's cross examination, and I know she was faced with constant objections. But, out of curiosity, can she ask the following questions?

"you said that you did not see Amber with any make up on 22 May 2016 right?"

"After spending 3.5 years together in ECB, you often see Amber and in your opinion, she was not wearing make up, right? Can you think of any reason why she would ask you to check her face for alleged injuiries if she had already covered them with concealer and foundation?

Maybe this is a leading question, and I have no qualms she might be objected again, I guess what I am saying is they could have asked any questions along the line to defute the fact that if AH is genuinely wearing make up like what she and her lawyers claimed, it did not make any common sense to step up and ask Issac to examine her face, right?

Of course, we read and know this but I really think it is imperative that the lawyers address and make this known to The Jurors specifically so that they can analyse and consider this possibility.

Sorry, I might be wrong here.
No you are not wrong, you just sound nervous about the case. I think that the way you phrased the question was excellent. However, the lawyers can not endlessly dwell on the same subject. The lawyers probably felt that they had made their point. If they keep asking the same question over and over, the judge will get annoyed. The lawyers do not want to get to the point where the judge tells them "You have made your point, move on". Also, the lawyers had a part in picking this jury. Part of their strategy is getting jurors who are intelligent and impartial. They assume that the jurors are reasonably intelligent people who are capable of understanding the case. The lawyers never want to give the jurors the idea that they think the jurors are stupid and don't understand what is going on. That is disrespectful to the jury and could turn a jury against their client. We don't know what the jurors are thinking and will not know until the verdict. We are not in the courtroom to see their reactions to what they are being told. The lawyers have to treat the jurors like they are intelligent thoughtful people. Yes, there have been cases where people shake their heads and wonder about the intelligence of the jurors (Casey Anthony among others) but I think most jurors want to get it right. I do not know what will happen with this jury, I do however want to think that this jury is intelligent and can understand what I going on, or they would not be there.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am very nervous and believe many are too.

Hope you rested well and is feeling better now.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:55 pm

I'm just going to leave this here and I'm so glad the "legendary journalist" is banned from the courtroom because her snare was really getting on my nerves.

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:39 pm

This might be helpful, too. From YouTube: “Johnny Depp Had A Good Week Against Amber Heard Overall”: Legal Analysis w/Attorney Andrea Burkhart''' Andrea Burkhart is a criminal defense attorney and has a lot of courtroom experience. I came away with a much more positive perspective as to where we are in the fight for justice.

https://youtu.be/lBryDb9NmB4
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies