The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
thiefcat
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by thiefcat » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:15 pm

I understand Issac is Johnny's witness. After Elaine finished her cross examination with him.

Johnny's female lawyer asked Issac some questions, after Elaine's cross examination, and I know she was faced with constant objections. But, out of curiosity, can she ask the following questions?

"you said that you did not see Amber with any make up on 22 May 2016 right?"

"After spending 3.5 years together in ECB, you often see Amber and in your opinion, she was not wearing make up, right? Can you think of any reason why she would ask you to check her face for alleged injuiries if she had already covered them with concealer and foundation?

Maybe this is a leading question, and I have no qualms she might be objected again, I guess what I am saying is they could have asked any questions along the line to defute the fact that if AH is genuinely wearing make up like what she and her lawyers claimed, it did not make any common sense to step up and ask Issac to examine her face, right?

Of course, we read and know this but I really think it is imperative that the lawyers address and make this known to The Jurors specifically so that they can analyse and consider this possibility.

Sorry, I might be wrong here.

Someareborn
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:52 am

Moody Dep_Head wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:48 pm
Someareborn wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:00 am
Sorry to rain the parade maybe, but do we have information about Zellner Law? I saw a gossip article that she may have resigned from Team Depp?
If true, I definetly walked right into that PR trap.
https://www.kathleentzellner.com/
Her website still shows Depp as an active case! She is an amazing attorney for civil cases so I hope she is still a part of his team!
Thank you for replying.

Someareborn
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:21 am

It was heartbraking to watch Christie and Isaac on the stand, in my opinion it has way more impact than a video deposition. This might be a positive for JD.

I think Mr.Rottenbaum (?) did a good job on cross examination with Christie. It gave me the impression that she wanted to protect her brother no matter what, altough his lateness and drug abuse is documented. She could not get away with it.

Isaac was a natural on the stand, only love for him! I think her lawyers underestimated him. He testified he watched CCTV footage from Whitney "fake punch" Amber.
Did Brandon Peterson (?) testify that he saw the same (now missing) CCTV footage? Because, I think he mentions that Rocky is there too?
So, what is it? And, is it important?

User avatar
FlowerBySea
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm
Location: Germany
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by FlowerBySea » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:59 am

I could swear I saw that missing "fake punch" footage, or is my mind playing tricks on me? I can't find it anywhere online, but I was so sure I'd seen it.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

Yaya
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Yaya » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:14 am

FlowerBySea wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:59 am
I could swear I saw that missing "fake punch" footage, or is my mind playing tricks on me? I can't find it anywhere online, but I was so sure I'd seen it.
Yes, I am sure I have seen this footage online too.

User avatar
Newt
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Newt » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:16 am

I have zero knowledge in law but Isaac breaking down and going off about what Amber has done to Johnny WITHOUT being interrupted by Elaine or Judge Penney (which kinda stunned me) had a huge effect on people, and I'm guessing the jury. He did beautifully and is hailed as a godsend for a reason but that moment especially is going to leave a mark.

justintime
Posts: 1982
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:32 am

Isaac also managed to get something else mentioned that had actually not been said yet. EB, obviously trying to embarrass Isaac about his financial relationship with Johnny, asked him about rent and did he pay it. Isaac, very casually but clearly said, ”No, nobody did.” ! Realizing the quicksand she’d just plowed into, Elaine quickly switched gears.

I can’t stand EB - she’s a verbal bull in a China shop - but now that the statement is out there, and was not challenged, it’s yet another (+) for Johnny on the character tally sheet. Hope the jury (who only know what they’re being told) heard it. And now it can (and should) be reinforced. The numerous lengths Johnny went to to indulge AH may come out later but the sooner the better. It’s helpful when big ones slip out with the opposition’s assistance.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

AdeleAgain
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:54 am

They also got another little gem out of Isaac - when asked if he heard them arguing he said no you couldn't hear in other apartments because the walls were so thick. He didn't hear J and A yelling. So hope did Josh and co hear JD in other penthouses breaking things on 21 May?

AdeleAgain
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:57 am

I thought Christi did really well - she stood her ground when asked the same question and she got out that everyone had to pacify AH.

I think it was smart to put her first - she set the scene so well, you have to listen to her testimony and realised he married his mother - which is not exactly a rarity.

I also thought it was so moving how much they loved and cared for her in later life. It was just all very real and human.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:07 am

thiefcat wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:15 pm
I understand Issac is Johnny's witness. After Elaine finished her cross examination with him.

Johnny's female lawyer asked Issac some questions, after Elaine's cross examination, and I know she was faced with constant objections. But, out of curiosity, can she ask the following questions?

"you said that you did not see Amber with any make up on 22 May 2016 right?"

"After spending 3.5 years together in ECB, you often see Amber and in your opinion, she was not wearing make up, right? Can you think of any reason why she would ask you to check her face for alleged injuiries if she had already covered them with concealer and foundation?

Maybe this is a leading question, and I have no qualms she might be objected again, I guess what I am saying is they could have asked any questions along the line to defute the fact that if AH is genuinely wearing make up like what she and her lawyers claimed, it did not make any common sense to step up and ask Issac to examine her face, right?

Of course, we read and know this but I really think it is imperative that the lawyers address and make this known to The Jurors specifically so that they can analyse and consider this possibility.

Sorry, I might be wrong here.
No you are not wrong, you just sound nervous about the case. I think that the way you phrased the question was excellent. However, the lawyers can not endlessly dwell on the same subject. The lawyers probably felt that they had made their point. If they keep asking the same question over and over, the judge will get annoyed. The lawyers do not want to get to the point where the judge tells them "You have made your point, move on". Also, the lawyers had a part in picking this jury. Part of their strategy is getting jurors who are intelligent and impartial. They assume that the jurors are reasonably intelligent people who are capable of understanding the case. The lawyers never want to give the jurors the idea that they think the jurors are stupid and don't understand what is going on. That is disrespectful to the jury and could turn a jury against their client. We don't know what the jurors are thinking and will not know until the verdict. We are not in the courtroom to see their reactions to what they are being told. The lawyers have to treat the jurors like they are intelligent thoughtful people. Yes, there have been cases where people shake their heads and wonder about the intelligence of the jurors (Casey Anthony among others) but I think most jurors want to get it right. I do not know what will happen with this jury, I do however want to think that this jury is intelligent and can understand what I going on, or they would not be there.

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:21 am

justintime wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:32 am
Isaac also managed to get something else mentioned that had actually not been said yet. EB, obviously trying to embarrass Isaac about his financial relationship with Johnny, asked him about rent and did he pay it. Isaac, very casually but clearly said, ”No, nobody did.” ! Realizing the quicksand she’d just plowed into, Elaine quickly switched gears.

I can’t stand EB - she’s a verbal bull in a China shop - but now that the statement is out there, and was not challenged, it’s yet another (+) for Johnny on the character tally sheet. Hope the jury (who only know what they’re being told) heard it. And now it can (and should) be reinforced. The numerous lengths Johnny went to to indulge AH may come out later but the sooner the better. It’s helpful when big ones slip out with the opposition’s assistance.
To your point about EB's aggressiveness, she could be annoying the jurors with her aggressiveness. Lawyers have to be very careful when being aggressive with a witness. There is a time to be aggressive (when a witness is obviously lying) and a time to be polite. EB could come across to the jury as being disrespectful to the witness. If she is too aggressive all of the time the the jurors might wonder why she can not just ask a question without being a :censored: That could be bad for their side.

Someareborn
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Someareborn » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 am

Yaya wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:14 am
FlowerBySea wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:59 am
I could swear I saw that missing "fake punch" footage, or is my mind playing tricks on me? I can't find it anywhere online, but I was so sure I'd seen it.
Yes, I am sure I have seen this footage online too.
Me too! I assumed it would have been in one of incredibly brians videos, but its not apparently.

User avatar
Itsausername
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:54 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Itsausername » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:55 am

Watching live from uk.

Kate James is a little standoffish! However she seems to know the law and her rights.

User avatar
myfave
Posts: 6249
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:23 pm

Their counselor was not helpful to Johnny at all. She says both he and Amber were destructive and his relationship with her triggered violent behavior
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

User avatar
Itsausername
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:54 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Itsausername » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:07 pm

myfave wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:23 pm
Their counselor was not helpful to Johnny at all. She says both he and Amber were destructive and his relationship with her triggered violent behavior
Based on her previous relationships she get triggered into violence quite easily.