The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:14 am

There were reports yesterday that in the courtroom the ex turned her chair to face Johnny. I wonder how the jury feels about that. My guess is she was trying to intimidate him but he ignored her which prob got on her nerves. JD had a bunch of fans there but she only had a few. Where are all these supposed supporters from social media including her "legendary journalist" (whom nobody ever heard of) friend who bashes JD and his fans almost every day? Where are all those wimp "I love you" supporters who trash JD and the fans and then block their accounts so nobody can respond?
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:53 am

Just a question for anyone who is here. I have been tuning in to see the trial over the past maybe half hour, and it's always Team Heard, It is extremely difficult to listen to the things that they are accusing JD of and I can see that they are making him angry. Can anyone tell me if JD's team has spoken yet?
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

thiefcat
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by thiefcat » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:31 pm

Yes they finished before Heard''s lawyers

User avatar
myfave
Posts: 6249
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:35 pm

I do no at all see Depp as being angry. I have been listening all through Team Heard opening arguments and looking closeup at his face. It’s very very very hard to hear all what’s being said about him. I don’t at all see his face as being angry. Sometimes a tad sad.
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by fireflydances » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:38 pm

myfave wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:35 pm
I do no at all see Depp as being angry. I have been listening all through Team Heard opening arguments and looking closeup at his face. It’s very very very hard to hear all what’s being said about him. I don’t at all see his face as being angry. Sometimes a tad sad.
Watch the live feed from Rekeita Law. Very clear and easy to hear and see:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Yaya
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Yaya » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:00 pm

fireflydances wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:53 am
Just a question for anyone who is here. I have been tuning in to see the trial over the past maybe half hour, and it's always Team Heard, It is extremely difficult to listen to the things that they are accusing JD of and I can see that they are making him angry. Can anyone tell me if JD's team has spoken yet?
I think Johnny is in good spirit. I saw him smile a few times.

User avatar
myfave
Posts: 6249
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: South
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:04 pm

Definitely not angry
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:26 pm

I don't see him as being mad, just confused about all the lies. At times, he actually looked entertained while her attorney was doing her bla bla bla on and on about things she only knows from what her client told her.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:13 pm

I'm watching his sister Christi testify and he looks so sad, it's breaking my heart. :tear: :tear: :tear:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Kittycat88
Posts: 36876
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:44 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:33 pm

Me too, just watching Christie. Johnny looks very sad. I hate that he is going through this! Praying that all goes well for him. Wonder who they are calling as witnesses. Not his kids I hope.

Love to all!!

kitty

justintime
Posts: 1982
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by justintime » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:06 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:13 pm
I'm watching his sister Christi testify and he looks so sad, it's breaking my heart. :tear: :tear: :tear:
ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:26 pm
I don't see him as being mad, just confused about all the lies. At times, he actually looked entertained while her attorney was doing her bla bla bla on and on about things she only knows from what her client told her.
I watched the entire coverage today - both sides’ opening statements and then the start of the Defendant’s questioning of Johnny’s witnesses. Apparently they have approximately another hour to go tomorrow with Christi! There were several breaks in the “feed” so I may have missed some critical bits.

I think ForeverYoung’s observations are right on regarding Johnny’s facial expressions:

* Thoroughly perplexed as to where EB was going with her endless lies and misrepresentations (and, wow, did she go places with her accusations!) but toward the end of her statement I thought he would burst out laughing. Glad he held it in.

* While Christi was testifying, Johnny just seemed to become more and more profoundly sad. Lots of questions about their Mom, early home life, and their Mom’s physical decline. Very difficult to watch and hear. But, no anger on Johnny’s face. When I really think of it, though, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Johnny angry ….

Just an observation: I was getting frustrated with Mr. Rottenborn’s hammering, repetitious questioning. Guess that’s an acceptable tactic to trip up and/or rattle the witness. I don’t want to think it, but I’m worried our Mr. Chew may be outmatched. When are things going to make a momentous turn in Johnny’s favor?
Last edited by justintime on Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:08 pm

Well I see the "legendary journalist" BFF in the front row throwing eye diggs at Christi after watching the testimony again.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Inquiring Minds
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:19 pm

I watched until the end of both their opening statements - and will try to catch the rest through the day today (assuming it is archived somewhere). It was 2:30 and I just had to crash :(

I thought I saw sadness and pain on JD's face. I also saw incredulity and a little humour at the boldfaced lies. Bredehoft is a real piece of work imo. No shame. I think AH has finally found her lawyer.

I was concerned (and fully expected) to hear the repeated links made with Marilyn Manson. This is clearly designed to denigrate JD using MM's bad boy rep and the recent allegations made by ERW and others. But what we heard with jury selection was that, yes, they knew JD but they had never heard of Amanda before. One's wife said she was a psychopath and the gallery laughed (jurors: why did everyone laugh?). There is a high likelihood that they don't even know of MM or the ERW allegations. Guilt by association may not work as well as anticipated. Considering MM has just filed a lawsuit alleging ERW impersonated an FBI officer, it is not impossible to imagine that she may be arrested over the duration of the trial. Just wishful thinking.

AH via EB seem to be building for a press freedom pass and what she said was ok, even if technically defamatory, she didn't actually mention his name. The ACLU documents will be presented as the ACLU trying hard to protect JD by NOT mentioning him!!! incredible. I even see them pushing the angle that it doesn't matter who did the hitting and who fled, DV is real and it had to be said.

The first couple of hours I saw showed what a brave victim AH was, the puppy dog eyes on the verge of tears, the mouth held firm - vulnerable, reliving her trauma but resolved to protect her sisters by standing up to her abuser. It makes me sick to watch.

It is also interesting that the anniversary of key dates in this hoax all fall within the trial period. It allows both sides to say "Six years ago today you...."

Interesting that the BBC tracked down Taft in VA. I haven't heard from her for ages. I suspect a clone or maybe she's like The Dread Pirate Robert, AH just trots out the latest Taft version when she needs stans on show ;)

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:30 pm

justintime wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:06 pm
ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:13 pm
I'm watching his sister Christi testify and he looks so sad, it's breaking my heart. :tear: :tear: :tear:
ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:26 pm
I don't see him as being mad, just confused about all the lies. At times, he actually looked entertained while her attorney was doing her bla bla bla on and on about things she only knows from what her client told her.
I watched the entire coverage today - both sides’ opening statements and then the start of the Defendant’s questioning of Johnny’s witnesses. Apparently they have approximately another hour to go tomorrow with Christi! There were several breaks in the “feed” so I may have missed some critical bits.

I think ForeverYoung’s observations are right on regarding Johnny’s facial expressions:

* Thoroughly perplexed as to where EB was going with her endless lies and misrepresentations (and, wow, did she go places with her accusations!) but toward the end of her statement I thought he would burst out laughing. Glad he held it in.

* While Christi was testifying, Johnny just seemed to become more and more profoundly sad. Lots of questions about their Mom, early home life, and their Mom’s physical decline. Very difficult to watch and hear. But, no anger on Johnny’s face. When I really think of it, though, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Johnny angry ….

Just an observation: I was getting frustrated with Mr. Rottenborn’s hammering, repetitious questioning. Guess that’s an acceptable tactic to trip up and/or rattle the witness. I don’t want to think it, but I’m worried our Mr. Chew may be outmatched. When are things going to make a momentous turn in Johnny’s favor?
I think maybe Mr. Chew was being easy on Christi because of obvious reasons but we've seen his court papers so we have a good idea what is to come, imo, and it's still very early in the trial. She did her best today but she seems to be a very simple, timid and shy person and being on the stand is not easy for anyone who isn't used to this kind of questioning. There are many more days and witnesses and I'm sure there will be ups and downs but whatever happens the truth will be out about how she set him up for years and her lies will be exposed to all who know nothing about the facts of this case.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

thiefcat
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by thiefcat » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:56 pm

I think AH's lawyers are more natural, quick witted and eloquent than Johnny's lawyers. Honestly, I am very worried.

They seem very prepared. AH was taking notes throughout and at one point, she passed her notes to her lawyer. I am afraid this gives her an edge.

After that, I think the lawyer, when cross examining his sister, brought up the subject that AH visited Johnny's mum at the hospital a few times with Johnny. I guess this move was to give the impression that she did care for her mother-in-law and not some ungrateful snobbish bitch. They are quick with damage control.

I hope to see Johnny's lawyers to be more argumentative and quick to pick up and counter attack, going forward.

The part on his mother and childhood was difficult to see. Johnny was so sad.