The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:21 pm

It was a pathetic attempt anyway to try and get it dismissed for a third time now using the UK decision after Judge A already said it didn't apply but still :toastingpirates: :toastingpirates: :toastingpirates: :snoopydances: :bounce: :applause:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:35 pm

:applause2: :yahoo:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:36 pm

Thanks so much, Lbock, for the good news. The best part was Mr. Chew’s pithy assessment:

‘The Judge’s decision “did not appear to be a close call”.’ :bigwink:
Last edited by justintime on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:31 pm

:thanks!: Lbock.
Happy :worldhug: :applause2: :airkiss:

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:20 am

What a beautiful way to start his latest achievement. Selling 800 tickets for his "masterclass" and now this shining moment.

Now that her futile attempt as failed, do you think Judge A will now rule quickly on: 1) JD's request for her to undergo an IME; 2) Her 2nd attempt for JD to have one; 3) Judge A telling her to stop dragging her feet and produce the docs and equipment that has been asked SEVERAL TIMES for JD's team to go over & 4) a little extra HEAT for Musky, Franco and Van Ree's depos and for Whitney to turn OVER the info requested.

Thank you Lbock. This was a beautiful read and uplifting event. Didn't mind the early wake up call with a fussy great grand. Calming him down and letting him drift back to sleep and granna can conk back out. Thanks again for the update.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:58 am

Granna wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:20 am
What a beautiful way to start his latest achievement. Selling 800 tickets for his "masterclass" and now this shining moment.

Now that her futile attempt as failed, do you think Judge A will now rule quickly on: 1) JD's request for her to undergo an IME; 2) Her 2nd attempt for JD to have one; 3) Judge A telling her to stop dragging her feet and produce the docs and equipment that has been asked SEVERAL TIMES for JD's team to go over & 4) a little extra HEAT for Musky, Franco and Van Ree's depos and for Whitney to turn OVER the info requested.

Thank you Lbock. This was a beautiful read and uplifting event. Didn't mind the early wake up call with a fussy great grand. Calming him down and letting him drift back to sleep and granna can conk back out. Thanks again for the update.
The mental exams were both confidential I believe. We only saw the calendar control request. I imagine they have been ruled on.

All discovery disputes are handled by a conciliator or referee Those disputes are confidential. They only go to judge if they can’t be worked out. I dont know she hasn’t provided her discovery until Johnny files a motion with judge

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Lbock tweeted:

“In a ruling from the bench, Judge Azcarate refused to allow lawyers for actress Amber Heard, Depp’s ex-wife, to petition the Virginia Supreme Court to weigh in on legal issues at the core of her last attempt to dismiss the case”.
[emphasis is mine] I truly hope this latest attempt is her last attempt, but I doubt it. I know Judge A has threatened sanctions if she persists in baseless attempts to dismiss, but does anyone know if there is a limit to how many times she can make these attempts? Only one appeal is permitted following a verdict (or if new evidence is found), but surely there must be a limit to pre-trial tricks and delays? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

justintime wrote:

The best part was Mr. Chew’s pithy assessment:

‘The Judge’s decision “did not appear to be a close call”.’
LOL, classic 😊

Lbock wrote:

All discovery disputes are handled by a conciliator or referee Those disputes are confidential. They only go to judge if they can’t be worked out. I dont know [if] she hasn’t provided her discovery until Johnny files a motion with judge
This was a downside of the ruling (for me, personally), but it made sense for the courts to avoid a lot of disputes and wasted time. It’s just that the watching public are unaware of the content (or that documents etc even exist). Imo, it was definitely a strategic move by TeamAH to stop the hemorrhaging of any remaining support (because every new public revelation invariably shows her in an even worse light).

The upside of course is that this will all be new for us when it comes out in court. Woo hoo. I really hope it is televised/streamed.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:37 pm

In California, Her Pitchess motion against LAPD was denied, again

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:41 pm

:thankyou: Laura for the good news today and yesterday! :applause2:
"Chipping Away"!
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:50 pm

Amber has again been denied. She cannot compel Johnny to sit for a mental exam

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 pm

No ruling on JD's request for AH's IME? WILL that not be made public? Curious.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Update on Australia Doggy Gate

Still won’t comment on ongoing investigations

https://archive.is/2021.10.14-153351/ht ... ec42d6283a

Senate meets in two weeks

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Was has Dr. Kipper, been removed as an expert witness to a fact witness? I must have missed something in the docs. Ty

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:19 pm

Granna wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:50 pm
Was has Dr. Kipper, been removed as an expert witness to a fact witness? I must have missed something in the docs. Ty
It was part of the opinion that Denied AH request for Johnny to submit to a mental examination

There must have been discussion at the hearing for this

Here: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 2-2021.pdf

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Once again another bla bla bla motion filed by the ex's counsel. They actually accused JD of cherry picking while she is refusing to produce the "mountain of evidence" she has against him, which we know now is nothing. :no2: :no2: :no2:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."