The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:37 pm

Granna wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:34 pm
With the latest filings - altered metadata? Criminal? Correct?
👀👀

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:30 am

Delicious. Gee, I wonder who's footing the legal bills for her?! Does it rhyme with tusk?

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:21 am

Newt wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:30 am
Delicious. Gee, I wonder who's footing the legal bills for her?! Does it rhyme with tusk?

:ok: I think the same . I just wonder why he supports her so financially? He is so afraid that it will appear publicly in the media. It must be somethink very uncomfortable for him . Maybe he is not a respektable gentleman ???

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:20 am

Considering the latest coming from his father's situation. The apple didn't fall far from the tree. Imo, Grimes left because of Heard. I believe she has been in the picture all along. I do believe that Heard has something on Rocketman. However, his involvement, after reading alot of Chew's statements, has made me question that. I am starting to believe that he is that stupid, and just lust after her OR she has him believing he can rule the world. Controling interest in the ACLU, ties with the ambassadorship, L'oréal, WB and AQ2. Heard has latched on to his rising star, though, alot if it seems very illegal. Probably why he is dodging the depo. Trying to keep Romero from answering questions concerning his involvement with Heard. Musk is up to his eyeballs in this. I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:00 am

As expected (as soon as I update the schedule) The Brooks case has been rescheduled. July 25, 2022

Kathelyndecoke

Unread post by Kathelyndecoke » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:05 am

Lbock wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:37 pm
Granna wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:34 pm
With the latest filings - altered metadata? Criminal? Correct?
👀👀
There is an interesting video/interview of Bryan Neumeister (JD's forensic expert) in the homepage of this site : https://www.usaforensic.com/
They can for sure isolate all the dialogue from the Australia/SF tapes, they could also if given access to the device, determine when her draft has been written.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:29 am

That would be great, however, I suspect that said devices and the Toronto tapes are long gone. Tampered with, destroyed, lost. Team Depp has asked several times, for info, with no luck. I have jokingly said Rocketman took all of it and placed it in the trunk of the car he launched into space.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:46 am

Granna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:29 am
That would be great, however, I suspect that said devices and the Toronto tapes are long gone. Tampered with, destroyed, lost. Team Depp has asked several times, for info, with no luck. I have jokingly said Rocketman took all of it and placed it in the trunk of the car he launched into space.
If she can't provide the originals, in their original format, they may not be allowed to be used in the trial. OR , the jury will be instructed that she didn't keep the originals. Either way, I think with what she has, they can show they've been edited. I mean 5 photos, all different color filters, it's obvious I think

I mean, if I was a juror and the judge told me - Mrs. Heard has several photos of "injuries" but after many attempts, is unable or refuses to produce the original digital photos with metadata. I'd be like, no bueno. Especially as she leaked these to tabloids. Highly suspect to me. And so many versions.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:27 pm

Depp team re-issued subpoenas

Screenshots are in the thread

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Amber issued subpoena for Dr. Kipper. Documents to support his deposition

Parts of deposition also included here
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 1-2021.pdf

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:59 pm

And the wheels on the bus go round and round… :spin:

nebraska

Unread post by nebraska » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:44 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:59 pm
And the wheels on the bus go round and round… :spin:
It is exhausting!

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:29 am

With the recent blitz of subpoenas and other legal documents I was swamped and still have much reading to do. I’ve thrown in a lot of catch-up comments below. Consequently this post is kinda long. Sorry if they seem a bit jumbled (roughly chronological):

Lbock – thanks for your kind words re my speculation on the timing of the Tsujihara resignation, not to mention the latest cache of documents.
Granna wrote:

Considering the latest coming from his father's situation. The apple didn't fall far from the tree. Imo, Grimes left because of Heard. I believe she has been in the picture all along. I do believe that Heard has something on Rocketman. However, his involvement, after reading alot of Chew's statements, has made me question that. I am starting to believe that he is that stupid, and just lust after her OR she has him believing he can rule the world. Controling interest in the ACLU, ties with the ambassadorship, L'oréal, WB and AQ2. Heard has latched on to his rising star, though, alot if it seems very illegal. Probably why he is dodging the depo. Trying to keep Romero from answering questions concerning his involvement with Heard. Musk is up to his eyeballs in this. I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg.
I don’t think it is lust with Musk, although that was probably how it started. He is more like a besotted puppy. I think he started out idealistic, but Amber convinced him that he could be powerful, not just a wealthy visionary. But Musk (Grimes and his family) are a major side-topic and I really don’t want to risk derailing the thread. The last I heard re his father was that he thought he was the incarnation of evil and had done everything bad you could imagine (and more). No specifics. If you have more, could you please DM me?

I’ve seen a lot of blame for the Op-ed shifting over to the ACLU, complicitly including Musk over his (suspected) bankrolling of AH’s legal fees and his shadow over the ACLU, but remember the ACLU and AH had history back as far high school and when she was in juvie. I think the ACLU were grooming her and she was using them. I’m not sure when Musk was first involved with the ACLU, did it date from before he had met Amber? She was working with the ACLU from well before meeting JD or Elon and may have shown Musk how to use them, creating some form of reciprocal altruism/mutualism to the benefit of all three parties.
Lbock wrote:

As expected (as soon as I update the schedule) The Brooks case has been rescheduled. July 25, 2022
Grrr. This really annoys me. It allows a pending assault claim to be left hanging out there, unresolved, when going into the VA trial and will no doubt be used to put doubt into the minds of the jury. As Brooks’ attorneys are working with AH, I can only assume this is strategic move on AH’s part.

Further, they have exploited a backlog in the courts caused by the pandemic to have the case deferred for over a year. From the court’s point of view, any deferred cases reduces the pressure. Any deferral also increases the likelihood that the case will be settled or dropped. If they were following this case (not unlikely) they would also be aware that this case (and the CA case) will probably be mostly determined by the verdict in the VA case – and any subsequent FBI investigations it triggers. The deferral was all wins for the court (administration) but definitely confers advantage to teamHeard. Unscrupulous, but typical. More on this further down.
Granna wrote:

I have jokingly said Rocketman took all of it and placed it in the trunk of the car he launched into space.
People on the net speculate he committed the “perfect” murder and there is a dead hooker in the boot, so the tapes may be there too. No telling what else he put in there. The good news is the cold and vacuum should preserve the evidence forever. The bad news is it will take a long, long time to develop the tech to overtake the rocket to retrieve said evidence ☹
Lbock wrote:

If she can't provide the originals, in their original format, they may not be allowed to be used in the trial. OR , the jury will be instructed that she didn't keep the originals. Either way, I think with what she has, they can show they've been edited. I mean 5 photos, all different color filters, it's obvious I think

I mean, if I was a juror and the judge told me - Mrs. Heard has several photos of "injuries" but after many attempts, is unable or refuses to produce the original digital photos with metadata. I'd be like, no bueno. Especially as she leaked these to tabloids. Highly suspect to me. And so many versions.
Totally agree. This, the previous few docs you posted and the next two subpoenas make it clear which way the VA trial is headed imo (if it wasn’t already). JD is trying to get depositions and key records and has been stonewalled from the start, chasing Romero through NY, getting Musk to make any deposition and all the while fighting off the fourth attempt to dismiss. The Brooks dismissal. Then the subpoenas concerning JD’s mental health, alcohol and drug use. TeamAH is purely legal tactics and discrediting the victim. TeamDepp is about evidence, expert witnesses and sworn testimony. I think their Plan A is to win via victim denigration like they did in the UK and Plan B is to minimise the damages payable.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:25 am

On Musk my view is it is simple yet complicated.

There is alot of stuff out there about his sexual preferences, she is a chameleon and clearly gets people hooked. He doesn't want any of that coming out. He helped her with the ACLU who used her as an ambassador because their biggest donor asked them to. Op-Ed written. The ACLU did zero due diligence on the situation.

By the time the Op-Ed came out Musk and AH were apart right? She didn't have him on her arm for all of the AQ publicity. I think their split involved lawyers and money. I agree with what Lbock wrote many moons ago - I don't think the baby is one of the frozen embryos. I think it is much more likely the embryos were destroyed and she accepted a financial settlement from Musk. Would Musk really have wanted a child to tie them together forever? Perhaps someone can tell us what the legal position is in the US on frozen embryos and whether both parents have to agree on what happens.

Back to the time line. After the Op-Ed JD starts fighting back in the UK and the US. Oh whoops more evidence begins to emerge. First set of lawyers (who had been around at the point the Op-Ed was written) were replaced with Kaplan who failed to get the case dismissed.

I do think it is the ACLU who are paying her legal fees, of course they are funded by Musk.

But whatever the settlement AH got, it isn't enough for her to really splash the cash. She quit her rental in LA, and home is the retreat she bought in the desert with JD's money. It is very nice but it's not what she got used to when she was married. Her cars are the Mustang JD did up for her, and her Tesla from Musk. Range Rover from JD seems to have gone? All the instagram pictures atm are of her in a WB rental in London or in hotel rooms paid by others. I don't think she's starving and she is having her legal bills funded and with that her PR which is brutal - but not winning her any public support.

So back to the beginning - Musk isn't an emotional person like JD. I don't believe he's besotted with her. She was a trophy, very beautiful (at the time!), high profile and she would have been magnetic in the beginning - sharing his interests in transhumanism and all that sort of thing. But how much time did they spend together? Not that much. But I think he was wary of her and what she could leak to the press. Not abuse again but stories about drugs and sexual preferences.

I am so desperate for justice to prevail but it makes me very scared that such powerful forces have found themselves in this position and are being manipulated in this way. I am quite certain Elon Musk has better things to think about.

On the evidence - her behaviour has been criminal in multiple ways but if it can be demonstrated that she actually changed/manipulated evidence that is a game changer. One thing to exaggerate, mis-remember etc etc - quite another to actively change metadata etc. Remember in the very beginning Adam banged on about the photos having no metadata? By the time of the trial in UK there was metadata but I believe it was always in contention and suspect.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:59 am

Why is Musk doing this? Throwing money at her-at the trial?

I saw an interesting documentary on Netflix: "Nobody Speak: Trial of the Free Press"

A synopsis is here: https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... al/554132/

Basically, A sex tape was leaked, Gawker reported on it and posted it and refused to take it down so Hogan sued. In the end it comes out, that a long time ago, Gawker had outed Billionaire Peter Theil as gay. Theil had a long vendetta with Gawker and saw the lawsuit as an opportunity to finally take them down, and he did. He didn't give a damn about Hulk Hogan, but He threw tons of money at Hogan's legal team to bury Gawker in motions, experts, etc. (Sound familiar). Gawker lost went bankrupt.

I don't think it is so cut and dry that Elon fell in love/infatuated/obsessed with Amber and JD eventually got the girl and he now has the opportunity for revenge. I think there is more to it (like Elon's connections to Ari-TMG-WB. But it could explain some of it. I think Elon has a huge ego so I don't think it is such a stretch. Seriously, what is a few million to Elon Musk.

Footnote: I think the people around Elon and especially board members convinced him to stay away from AH in the end. AH texted Carino suggesting she never really cared for him anyway. He was just filling space.

"Dealing with break up ... I hate when things go public …. C, I’m so sad”, Heard texted.

Carino brought up the fact that Musk was his client's rebound after Depp.

"You weren't in love with him and you told me a thousand times you were just filling space”, he wrote.

“I know ... I wanted time to grieve and recover in my own time", Heard responded.

“I hate that yet again a man let's me fall on the spikes by myself...Meaning. They are mad at me for leaving them and put things like this out there...like that", she wrote.