The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Granna

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:49 am

Brooks is insisting that Depp has made him lose his job, reputation, & has been humliated. Sound familiar? This, IMO, is nothing more than another scam. It's all. about the money. From what I understand. No one has backed up Brooks story. There is film footage and pics with metadata showing there was a heated exchange, but JD was defending the woman. It also shows Brooks' nasty attitude towards others prior to this exchange. Jusr wants 15 minutes of fame to try to take down JD and in the process get some money. Brooks is trying to ride the negative train, though it is my understanding the judge has ruled that Brooks can not use anything concerning the case against Heard and the allegations from Heard against JD in his trial.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Depp filed opposition in NYC against Anthony Romero of ACLU

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 pm

:thanks!:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:25 pm

Another thread with court doc screen shots. Note the screenshot denial was from last time she attempted this.

She is going after a Pitchess Motion again for the same first officers. That they didn't follow protocol - no body cam, or where is footage, no notes, no report. How can she have two witnesses say the exact opposite of what Officers claim

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:24 pm

Lbock wrote:

She is going after a Pitchess Motion again for the same first officers. That they didn't follow protocol - no body cam, or where is footage, no notes, no report. How can she have two witnesses say the exact opposite of what Officers claim
She just doesn't know when to quit, does she? I note that this motion is in CA (having already being denied in VA (or have I got this wrong?)). This indicates to me that she intends to proceed in CA even if she loses in VA.

She is already claiming a victory in the UK (which she technically got, despite the Court of Appeal effectively invalidating (but not removing) the verdict). A VA win would put her "even" and maybe she can get 2 out of 3 after CA.

Granna: Another item re the upcoming Brooks trial. He was claiming trauma/PTSD etc but when he first filed the claim, he hadn't even seen a psych, then raced out and got the assessment AFTER he had made the allegations.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:26 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:24 pm
Lbock wrote:

She just doesn't know when to quit, does she? I note that this motion is in CA (having already being denied in VA (or have I got this wrong?)). This indicates to me that she intends to proceed in CA even if she loses in VA.

She is already claiming a victory in the UK (which she technically got, despite the Court of Appeal effectively invalidating (but not removing) the verdict). A VA win would put her "even" and maybe she can get 2 out of 3 after CA.

Granna: Another item re the upcoming Brooks trial. He was claiming trauma/PTSD etc but when he first filed the claim, he hadn't even seen a psych, then raced out and got the assessment AFTER he had made the allegations.
Actually it was already denied in CA by the same judge in the same court

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:10 pm

Romero, ACLU, filed his reply to Johnny's opposition against his request to reargue (don't compel him to a deposition)
Hearing today - no news yet

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:54 pm

Amber filed her formal Appeal as the judge allowed her to do. Interesting it wasn't uploaded to the website until today, his award day

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:55 pm

Busy day - here, finally, is the order for the DIscovery Referee

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:56 pm

And another LAPD subpoena for the first two officers filed in VA on 9/20. Which is interesting, because they refiled their Pitchess in California on 9/15. I posted that earlier

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:40 pm

:hatsoff: LBock!

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:22 am

The Australian edition of The Guardian carried this story today

Whilst by no means favourable, it showed (imo) a much gentler slant from earlier reporting. I suspect they are quietly back-peddling prior to VA.

What annoys me the most, with this and other articles since the UK trial, is that they never report the far more relevant findings (of fact) from the CoA, just the narrative-compliant but wrong original verdict. These show AH quite clearly the violent (and unprovoked) perpetrator on multiple occasions and essentially say that Nichol was hornswoggled (but legally permitted to be so). They even gave examples of non-defamatory statements about her violence and propensity to lie to everyone, simple sound-bites for the press to pick up and use, but they never do.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Thank you, Inquiring Minds. The article link, however, seems to no longer be accessible (“….404 ERROR”).

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/s ... ment-award

And long overdue: Many sincere thanks to the fierce, unrelenting diligence of our own Lbock throughout these years of keeping Zoners informed and justifiably hopeful. I live in the U.S., though, and the current plight of Johnny’s glorious Minamata is a sad, daily reminder of the hate, greed, and lies riddling his every waking day.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:52 pm

Apologies re the link previously supplied. Standard linking doesn't seem to work. If you copy the text below, paste it into the url of a new window/tab and remove the space in the 3rd position, it should work. Painful, my apologies.

try this - ww w.theguardian.com/film/2021/sep/23/Johnny-depp-says-no-one-safe-from-cancel-culture-as-he-accepts-lifetime-achievement-award

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 am

Well, I guess by now everyone has seen that JD's "IN" has joined forces with another production company in London and will be called "IN.2" and is planning many things to do with it. From what I gather (and people on social media picked up on this too by the way he has been talking about Hollywood) is that he is disgusted with Hollywood and wants to do other things now. He is rarely seen in LA anymore and my guess is that he will remain in France and/or London and work from there. Every time he gets photographed the press can now label him with that name no thanks to that evil lying, manipulative, gold digging ex wife and her freeloading lying friends. He is basically calling out his warriors to boycott and people are listening. He is reminding everyone the big shots in Hollywood are only making money because of the people who buy the tickets and they are really the bosses. I think it's good he is moving on and doing what he really wants to do and be allowed to express himself as an artist. Hollywood, the press and some of the people he trusted stabbed him the back so many times throughout the years it's disgusting and it will only get worse if he doesn't get out now.

I hope that flappy fish market film tanks so bad it goes straight to Red Box. I wouldn't even pay the dollar to watch it or any other movie that horrible vile woman is in. I cringe every time I see a posting of her and my skin starts to crawl. :grr:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."