The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:05 pm

nebraska wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:52 pm
Judymac wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:04 am
I am not criticizing anyone. I do not expect everyone to understand the US Justice system. Many Americans don't even understand the Justice System. I think it would be even harder for people in other countries to completely understand the complexities of the Justice System. I am trying to be helpful.
What worries me is how unethical some of their behavior has been so far. They either did not vet her story or they intentionally targeted Johnny. Either way, it was not honorable. They have an agenda and I don't believe they are to be trusted.
She received a TRO is good enough for them just as it was for the Sun. It’s Johnny’s name that brings attention to their cause. Once they didn’t receive or any product of receiving her donation and the audio tapes came out-at the very least—they could have severed ties. After Johnny filed the lawsuit, what has she done in her ambassador role? Or after her audios?

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:52 pm

I agree Lbock it makes no sense for them not to have dropped her, even quietly. Maybe Elon Musk insisted she not be dropped and promised to cover any costs; maybe there is some tax issue that the ACLU or Elon Musk don't want uncovered. But they have wasted time and money (donors' money) on unnecessarily fighting this case.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:38 pm

Whitney is trying to avoid providing documents surrounding us court dates. Wonder what she has to hide.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:20 pm

Schadenfruede alert: Roberta Kaplan has been forced to resign from TimesUp.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:33 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:20 pm
:snoopydances:

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:09 pm

Sorry, did I miss something? A new ruling? EB not happy about what now? Good/bad for JD?

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:47 am

Lbock wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:33 pm
Inquiring Minds wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:20 pm
:snoopydances:
:applause2: :snoopydances: :hug2:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:34 pm

So In California Aug 30, we have Depp compeling Whitney to provide documents and correspondence (assume she is dragging her feet hoping the case will dismissed)

AH just added compeling more documents from Sean & Stephen that they claim to have just found and need "notice from an outside party" before they turn over. Not sure what that means

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Hey all,
I lost track of the different aspects of the case in the different states. But I understand we have to wait until the 20th of August to expect a ruling if the VA case will be dismissed or not. I can't wrap my head around it with all the mayor discoverys that damadge AH. How can a dismissal still be a thing? (Rethorical question)

Any news about the FBI investigation and Australia?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Someareborn wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Hey all,
I lost track of the different aspects of the case in the different states. But I understand we have to wait until the 20th of August to expect a ruling if the VA case will be dismissed or not. I can't wrap my head around it with all the mayor discoverys that damadge AH. How can a dismissal still be a thing? (Rethorical question)

Any news about the FBI investigation and Australia?
There is no set date for the plea in bar opinion. Just approximate three weeks (Judge A said she’d try)

Nothing else new

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Thank you Lbock, as always.
Whom do we have to pay to question the FBI about their investigation on AH? :censored:

Its unbelievable how nothing serious seem to damadge her, while JD, on all the things, maybe has to come to terms with it that he can never apppear in movies again. Sorry for the two minute rant. At least Eve Barlow stopped with her daily anti JD posts on instagram, aka moved on.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:42 pm

Someareborn: With the positive reviews from: The Barbarians, City of Lies & Minamata - he is still in demand. I truly believe that once the VA trial is over - with everything coming to light - the tide is definitely turning in his favor. He has his music and busy producing. Kerp the faith - he will be in demand again.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:47 pm

California judge denied Johnny's motion to Compel Eric George to answer further questions at a second deposition. It was denied in its entirety.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Not good. Can Ben Chew push it in the VA court in May?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:07 pm

Granna wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:55 pm
Not good. Can Ben Chew push it in the VA court in May?
Guessing that door is closed. They have his first deposition video