The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
myfave

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by myfave » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:22 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:29 pm
Just a thought but moving her horse to New Mexico kind of makes her look like she has plans to cross the boarder at some point, imo. She leaves a big house in LA to go live in a one bedroom place in the desert? Oh..let me guess...she's going to bring up in court papers that she had to move because JD is bleeding her dry with lawyer fees and she could not pay her rent because she has no work due to his alleged attempts to blacklist her from working in Hollywood.
:giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :giddy:
"Hello South Carolina" ...............*swoon*

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:55 am

The house looks nice but seems more like a hideaway weekend place for someone like her - odd that she should move out of LA centre of the film industry. But maybe this is just a temporary thing. Separating from her horse strikes me as really odd - Johnny bought it for her and it is a trophy she has seemed to really love. Obvious she loves riding.

I guess we wait until tomorrow to see if she or NGN can explain away what seems to be a clear case of perjury - not that I think we'll get a decision tomorrow just that NGN at the least must have some right of reply in this and for that they will need AH's explanation. I wonder if their argument will be that it isn't perjury because it didn't relate to the central issue of abuse (Lost Beyond Pluto explains this well - if you lie in court but that lie isn't central to the case then it doesn't count as perjury.) If only the judge hadn't put that forward as. reason to believe her! NGN have to be careful not to betray that they knew she was lying.

Also curious as to whether they are just bringing up the charity donations or if there is any other new evidence eg the car/driving - to me though, they could have had that available first time around since the documents seem to be something which would have been in JD's archives not hers. Jennifer Howell? That is hearsay unless Jennifer has some texts of whatever.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 am

ForeverYoung wrote:

Just a thought but moving her horse to New Mexico kind of makes her look like she has plans to cross the boarder at some point, imo

Next New Moon is 11th April. I reckon she'll make a break for it then - trusty Arrow, chic black "corona" face-kerchief, black hat, and the posse galloping close behind......

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:06 am

ForeverYoung wrote:

People on twitter did some investigating and found out that the home in Yucca Valley where she went to was bought by Mr. and Mrs. Heard in January 2019 but later changed the title to the Heard Family Trust. There is also speculation that she gave iO a lot of money because iO bought a home in Yucca Valley with cash and did a lot of renovations to it. Something is very fishy here.
Agreed, very fishy. If AH was short on cash to pay-off co-conspirators (or just wanted to obfuscate the payment using property instead of cash), it could easily be done under the guise of a property deal, especially if a Family Trust was being set up at the time.

It certainly looks like she is trying to protect any assets. That won't protect The Washington Post from paying though.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 am

ForeverYoung wrote:

People on twitter did some investigating and found out that the home in Yucca Valley where she went to was bought by Mr. and Mrs. Heard in January 2019 but later changed the title to the Heard Family Trust. There is also speculation that she gave iO a lot of money because iO bought a home in Yucca Valley with cash and did a lot of renovations to it. Something is very fishy here.
ForeverYoung, do you have any tweets you can post here? The records I see show the Trust bought it from the previous owners (no mention of her parents) and it was bought using a mortgage. As far as I can tell, AH bought the house (not her parents).

As I remember from her angry dad's texts to the car mechanic, he was furious with Johnny because the dad was supposed to get 10% of "the settlement" to help make his movie. AND, AH mentioned in several texts that she had to work to help her family. I am guessing AH bought the house for her parents to live in. (so I guess Dad finally got his "10%" as in a free place to live)

I saw this tweet, but I can't substantiate any of it.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:11 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:29 pm
Just a thought but moving her horse to New Mexico kind of makes her look like she has plans to cross the boarder at some point, imo. She leaves a big house in LA to go live in a one bedroom place in the desert? Oh..let me guess...she's going to bring up in court papers that she had to move because JD is bleeding her dry with lawyer fees and she could not pay her rent because she has no work due to his alleged attempts to blacklist her from working in Hollywood.
This is a civil trial not a criminal trial. She is not under any restrictions, she is allowed to move or go on vacation. I really don't think she is going over the border. She filed a countersuit, I don't think that she would give up her countersuit.

If her LA home was rented it does not count as an asset. I very highly doubt that the New Mexico home belongs to her. If it is in a family trust it is part of her late mother's estate. It has to go through Probate Court. Probate Court is backed up because of COVID and is almo6as slow as There is nothing sneaky about putting a house in a family trust. We did tthat for my mother's house. AH can live in that house but she does not own it. It can not be taken away Also we don't know who are beneficiaries of Mrs Heard's trust. When the Probate is settled it might end up belonging to Mr Heard, Whitney and Amber. It's doubtful that the court would force them to sell a shared asset, it doesn't work that way. They are also not going to put her out of her primary residence.

I think people are reading way too much into this.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:32 am

I'm sorry - I have honestly been "out of it for many weeks" so trying to clear my head and get up to speed. I'm very confused with this information and I am sure I missed allot.

1). "She leaves a big house in LA to go live in a one bedroom place in the desert?" Where is this information coming from? What one bedroom place?

2) "I very highly doubt that the New Mexico home belongs to her." What New Mexico home?

3). "There is nothing sneaky about putting a house in a family trust".
As far as I can tell, a "friend" is boarding her horse at a New Mexico horse ranch. She seems to be a long time friend of Bianca. I don't know anything about transfering ownership of the horse?

4) "AH can live in that house but she does not own it"
As far as I can tell by the property records the lawyer that dealt with AH Charity donation/communications that Adam posted about is the lawyer Trustee for the Yucca Valley property, so it seems to me AH purchased that property herself (not her parents) using a mortgage (btw).

1/4/2019 Deed of trust Party 1: Blakeman John Phoenix Family Trust, Dated June 9, 2017 Party 2: City National Bank

John Blakeman (trustee) Phoenix Family Trust, (established June 9, 2017--She received $3M by June 9 2017 and I guess she set up a trust with the settlement money)

The letter From CHLA to AH c/o her lawyer: John Blakeman

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:32 pm

Lovely Nick Wallis will be live tweeting tomorrow - for anyone like me who has meetings and work and stuff and can't watch. Can periodically catchup with his coverage.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:50 pm

AdeleAgain: Do you know if Nick still has the site to help fund this endeavor? (As he did during the trial) If so, please post. Thank you

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Nick's twitter - https://twitter.com/nickwallis

And the Depp trial website - https://www.nickwallis.com/depp-trial

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Judymac wrote:

Apologies, I don't for a second think she is going to flee beyond US jurisdiction. I just loved the image of her fleeing under cover of darkness, an outlaw (trying to outrun the posse). I thought of her in a black hat (obvious baddie), with the bandit kerchief covering her face. I didn't mention pearl handled six-shooters, but I didn't want to overdo the image.

Personally, I suspect the horse has been boarded or agisted because I think she sees herself not being around to care for Arrow in the immediate future. Maybe its shooting scenes for Aquaman 2, maybe because she's in prison for perjury or fraud. As a JD supporter, I'm hoping for the latter. And there are other explanations for which we have no hint yet.......

I don't seriously think she is planning to do a runner, but you can't blame a person for wishing..........

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:27 pm

There are two requests for additional evidence. Also they filed to have some documents kept private. Each request for evidence can include multiple items. It’s possible one is the requests is related to sexual allegations she claimed in private

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:29 pm

The second evidence request was added later (b)

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 pm
Judymac wrote:

Apologies, I don't for a second think she is going to flee beyond US jurisdiction. I just loved the image of her fleeing under cover of darkness, an outlaw (trying to outrun the posse). I thought of her in a black hat (obvious baddie), with the bandit kerchief covering her face. I didn't mention pearl handled six-shooters, but I didn't want to overdo the image.

Personally, I suspect the horse has been boarded or agisted because I think she sees herself not being around to care for Arrow in the immediate future. Maybe its shooting scenes for Aquaman 2, maybe because she's in prison for perjury or fraud. As a JD supporter, I'm hoping for the latter. And there are other explanations for which we have no hint yet.......

I don't seriously think she is planning to do a runner, but you can't blame a person for wishing..........
There is no reason to apologize. We are all friends who have different opinions.

I also think that she boarded her horse because she doesn't have time for it.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:01 pm

InquringMinds: I agree with JudyMac, we are all friends with different points of view. Thinking outloud or outside the box, is not a bad thing.
Your vision of her trying to outrun the posse was the " gem " of my day. I went as far to picture a bar room brawl - something on the order that John Wayne would be proud of. I just couldn't pick who would be the one to kick her lying snarky butt. :lol:
Could she be realizing that reality is about to set in? Trying to remove anything and everything out of reach of TeamDepp? There is alot of unanswered questions here - very curious though.