The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:49 pm

I remember one part where he is questioned about an exchange of texts with LilyRose where she is encouraging him to give Amber another chance. This was early in the relationship and he said something like "yes she thought Amber was good for me. In 2013 she thought that."

I do not recall reading that but if he said this it means he was thinking of leaving AH sometime in 2013, or maybe it was after a fight or the finger incident. LR was very close to AH and her freeloaders back in the day. LR would often post pictures of them all together and yes, I do believe that AH worked LR to be on her side.

I admit JD was a little vague at times with his answers but I think AH was worse. I lost count how many times the judge had to ask her to just answer the question and to stick to the subject.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

stroch

Unread post by stroch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:00 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:32 pm
Andrea is really good and very available to answer questions on twitter. Yes, Johnny had a tough time on the stand on many occasions. I understand in UK he couldn't be "coached" but he could have prepared more, read his witness statements, read her witness statements etc. There were ways to educate himself and prepare without "coaching" violations. Do you honestly think AH wasn't coached by Jen Robinson (her personal UK attorney vs the NGN attornies)
It seemed to me that he was being his typical, not-playing-a-role self. Unless he is interacting with fans, I think he is awkward speaking in public as himself, and he often sounds just like he did on the stand. I'm sure that all AH witnesses were thoroughly prepared by the attorneys. Just my opinion, of course. I wish he had been more assertive and clearer in his responses, but...
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:10 pm

One of the journalists, Nick Wallace, who was covering the story said JD was clearly not a morning person and he did better in the afternoon. He was probably on a few hours of sleep each night being an insomniac and was thinking more clearly as the day went on, imo. I also think he didn't want to give them more info than he thought they needed.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Johnny is always soft spoken and takes his time to speak and gather his thoughts.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Agree on all of the above. My goodness if AH was coached (and I am sure she was, well imagine if she hadn't been coached!).

I just hope that JD's lawyers get to him for the VA trial and say - you are playing the character of Johnny the witness - he needs to be nothing more than honest, truthful - and clear!!

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:48 pm

In the U.S. attorneys are supposed to prepare their clients.They don't tell them to pay a role. They tell the client to read their depositions to refresh their memory. They also practice asking their client difficult questions . This is so that they get used to answering hard questions without stumbling on their words or losing their temper. The only way an attorney would not do this is if they thought that their client was well prepared without it.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:13 am

Judymac - sorry I wasn't being disrespectful of the court system - just being light. I know he won't be told to play a role - I just meant that his adorable mumbling and incoherence means that some of his answer/truth gets lost.

To another topic altogether - thank you Lbock for pointing out Robbie Kaplan deleting pro-AH comments and the iO unfollow - what does everyone make of it?

I could easily believe iO would do this to send Johnny's army into a frenzy. I could also equally believe he'll suddenly absent himself as a witness.

With Kaplan - alot of people on twitter have commented that it is a waste of time deleting her comments as they've been saved. All true but you have to go looking for them - I wonder if she is trying to absent her comments from searches by journalists (who let's face it don't these days seem to go deep in their research) - so that if there is adverse media about AH (in itself will be a miracle) she won't be easily found as a supporting voice. Or it may of course be to do with the scrutiny the TimesUp defence fund has come under.

Love to know what everyone thinks.

Saying prayers for justice this week!

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:58 am

I'm not sure why IO unfollowed Amber - could be game playing with Depp fans. Or it could be he is frustrated, wanting to have a baby and distancing himself from thie case - but he is also trying to quash his subpoenas in the California Court (to be heard June 1)

Amber (Elaine) subpoenaed her ex lawyer Eric George. He has been with her for years, back to London Fields lawsuit. Who knows what he revealed in his deposition, but I'm imaging he wasn't too happy to be pushed aside when Kaplan took over. His name was suddenly dropped from all their motions but there is no formal withdrawal filed. Interesting.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:14 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:13 am
Judymac - sorry I wasn't being disrespectful of the court system - just being light. I know he won't be told to play a role - I just meant that his adorable mumbling and incoherence means that some of his answer/truth gets lost.

To another topic altogether - thank you Lbock for pointing out Robbie Kaplan deleting pro-AH comments and the iO unfollow - what does everyone make of it?

I could easily believe iO would do this to send Johnny's army into a frenzy. I could also equally believe he'll suddenly absent himself as a witness.

With Kaplan - alot of people on twitter have commented that it is a waste of time deleting her comments as they've been saved. All true but you have to go looking for them - I wonder if she is trying to absent her comments from searches by journalists (who let's face it don't these days seem to go deep in their research) - so that if there is adverse media about AH (in itself will be a miracle) she won't be easily found as a supporting voice. Or it may of course be to do with the scrutiny the TimesUp defence fund has come under.

Love to know what everyone thinks.

Saying prayers for justice this week!

I did not think that you were being disrespectful. I did not think that people who live outside the U.S (and some inside the U.S ) know that preparing a client (aka coaching) is commonly done.

Io can not just absent himself as a witness. If he is subpoenaed then he must comply. If he doesn't he is in contempt of court. If he tries to hide he might be looking at a warrant for his arrest.

Here are two examples that are off topic but explain my point. Many years ago I was on a Grand Jury. When they called us in to the courtroom, the judge looked at one woman and asked her for her name. She gave a name and the judge asked her two more times for her name. He then asked her for her date of birth (it was on the paperwork) and she confessed that she was not the person that she said she was. She said the person who was supposed to be there, was her daughter who "did not feel like coming today" the judge calmly turned to the bailiff and ordered a bench warrant for the daughters arrest. He then turned to the mother and gave her a very stern lecture. He said that both her and her daughter were disrespectful to the court and to him (judge). I don't remember the rest of the lecture but the judge was very ticked off. He told the mother to leave before he decided to find her in contempt of court. I don't know what happened to the daughter. I hope that the judge had a time to cool off before he talked to her. It made a huge impression on all of us jurors.

My hubby got called for jury duty about two years ago. At the time his employer had paid for him to take a class. He would not have been able to take the class and serve his jury duty. he wrote a respectful letter to the court *asking* to be relieved of jury duty. The judge excused him. He was sent a letter from the court excusing him. Jury duty and serving as a witness are two different things. My very long winded point is that a person can not just decide that they don't want to do either. It is considered disrespectful to the court and to the judge and will result in legal problems. The side that is calling io as a witness can decide that they don't want him as a witness, but he can not decide that he does not want to do it.

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:28 pm

It is very important not to record the UK proceedings on Thursday.

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:53 pm

iO is just playing games, imo. Without AH iO is nothing. AH is the one who gets her publicity to sell her book. iO knew unfollowing AH comments would get her attention. Nobody knew who iO was before AH and nobody will care afterwards either and I have no issues calling iO a she because AH referred to iO as a she many times.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:16 am

Just to be clear - AH referred to iO as "she" in the 2016 deposition - that was before iO transitioned. Now he is very clearly a he.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:02 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:53 pm
iO is just playing games, imo. Without AH iO is nothing. AH is the one who gets her publicity to sell her book. iO knew unfollowing AH comments would get her attention. Nobody knew who iO was before AH and nobody will care afterwards either and I have no issues calling iO a she because AH referred to iO as a she many times.
I agree with you. I also think that io has always been in love with AH and she has been stringing him along for years. That might explain io's willingness to lie for AH. I think io is just playing games to get attention from AH.

reindeermoon

Unread post by reindeermoon » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:28 am

But in London the judge asked Heard about iO wether it was a he or a she and Heard said that iO is a she.
But somebody said that iO as a "he" might get into greater trouble for hitting Rocky Pennington before the wedding. And that is the reason Heard said that it is a she.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:53 pm

Last I heard was that iO only partially transitioned on top but I could be wrong. In any event, iO will continue to lie for AH no matter what the repercussion is, for whatever reason. Talk on twitter is the AH moved and is now living in Yucca Valley either close to or with iO and she moved her horse to New Mexico.....interesting.