The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Amber's lawyer at the time made a statment that she was going to donate 100 percent of whatever she gets from the lawsuit against Stanhope to a shelter BUT she snaked out of that one because she dropped the charges. Still it was a :censored: move on her part not to give them anything as a good faith effort. Any amount of money for the shelter would have been the right thing to do.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-e ... ion-899504
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:54 pm

Agreed ForeverYoung. Having made the statement, even a small token payment would have been the right thing to do. She could have even spun it as "it would have been more if it wasn't for Johnny" or similar.

As far as I can figure (not counting any donations made in her name), she gave a $350K donation to ACLU, from her pledge, but preemptively - and ceased payments once Johnny's cheques started coming in.

Some more research. Mythbusters did a documentary on Amber's stans back in 2008. Actually more their techniques, although I saw a few dung beetles at the start of the video. And a new word we can use:

Dorodungo - How to Polish a T*rd

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 am

In the Stanhope lawsuit paragraph 3 says
3. To counter the setback to the progress of women by the Defendants’ actions,
Amber Heard pursues the maximum possible damages against the Defendants, and will donate all
of the proceeds of this lawsuit to a battered women’s shelter in Arizona,

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... -2016.html
The Stanhope lawsuit was filed 3 June 2016 so before the divorce settlement statement of 16 August 2016 where she said she would donate to CHLA and ACLU.
As part of the divorce settlement she agreed to drop the Stanhope case so she knew there was not going to be a donation to Arizona shelter.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:44 am

RumLover wrote:
As part of the divorce settlement she agreed to drop the Stanhope case so she knew there was not going to be a donation to Arizona shelter.
Cunning. She seems good at claiming credit for her generosity whilst not actually giving up anything.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:17 am

I also question her original 350,000 dollars donation to the ACLU and where that came from.

It was made before the divorce settlement was agreed ie when she was living on Johnny's dollar. Even if the actual sum itself came from money she earned, she could only afford to be that generous because she lived a life of luxury for free.

How can she claim any kind of financial independence (as she did in her witness statement). She had no housing costs, free transport (planes, cars - we know all about the cars! etc), clothes - what exactly did she pay for? Kate James even said that Johnny paid the rent on the apartment she lived in, even after she moved in with him.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with that - if you are married to someone much wealthier than you and they are happy to fund you - well ok great. But don't shout about how financially independent you are.

Edward White said the divorce settlement was the 7 million dollars plus Johnny paid off all of her huge debts.

So - wonder where the 350k to the ACLU sits.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:12 am

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm
I remember that happening and thought she made a non-specific claim she would donate to some (unnamed) shelter in Arizona. When someone polled the various shelters, none had been approached. Poor memory, I could be wrong.

Imo, she was just making a PR statement she figured she could easily wriggle out of later. She had already had problems trying (unsuccessfully) to get the initial Depp payment of $100,00 back from CHLA and figured she wanted complete payment in her hand (to spend on herself) without any charities saying "what about me?" (as (later?) happened with AoE)
She sued Doug Stanhope and said she would donate that money to an AZ shelter. But she dropped the lawsuit

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:18 pm

Last night AH went on some rants around 1:00 AM. I strongly suggest that if you have a twitter account do not respond. Looks to me like she is tyring to set traps. I say give her no attention at all. :no2: :no2: :no2:

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:13 pm

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm
I remember that happening and thought she made a non-specific claim she would donate to some (unnamed) shelter in Arizona. When someone polled the various shelters, none had been approached. Poor memory, I could be wrong.

Imo, she was just making a PR statement she figured she could easily wriggle out of later. She had already had problems trying (unsuccessfully) to get the initial Depp payment of $100,00 back from CHLA and figured she wanted complete payment in her hand (to spend on herself) without any charities saying "what about me?" (as (later?) happened with AoE)
Her view on this is "if" she got money from the Stanhope lawsuit, then she would donate it to a woman's shelter. She dropped the lawsuit so there was no money, therefore she did not have any money to give.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:17 pm

AH's lawyer at the time pointed out a specific shelter she was going to donate the money to.

"Ms. Heard seeks the maximum possible jury award and will donate 100 percent of the proceeds from the lawsuit to Chrysalis, a domestic-violence shelter in Arizona, in an effort to counter the setback made to women by the defendants’ defamatory article and related wrongful acts."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-e ... ion-899504

She could have at least given them a little something even though she dropped the case against Stanhope. She did after all buy a house and took her friends on expensive vacations like Hawaii and other places instead of giving the donations to charity like she promised.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:51 am

Ryan Leone spoke of something monstrous (worse than you can imagine) that could be revealed soon about Heard, I'm not sure of his credibility and who exactly he is, he seems to be in the business and has been on Johnny's firmly (and is friends with him?) from the start but man, if this comes out...

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:09 am

Newt I just saw it - I think wise not to repeat here. If true this is horrifying. If there really is a victim I hope he/she has the courage to come forward.

I'm not sure about Ryan. As I understand not exactly a friend but a friend of several friends and has been on JD's side from 2016 - he is the one who posted on JD's tattoo artist's (Jonathan Shaw) account about his experiences of supplying AH with drugs in the past. He's very open about his past drug dealing and has written books and spoken movingly about this and prison.

My only caution is that I believe he ran with some theory last year that AH was involved in the Epstein saga which wasn't true. He has also been saying for a few months that he knows a lot about her - an affair with a married very high profile director - and hinted and monstrous things that he would reveal once he had the "receipts".

It is alot to write in a tweet if he doesn't have any proof - although the way he has phrased it "why are a lot of people talking about this ....." maybe he has taken advice from a lawyer. And maybe he wants him to come for her.

Her meltdown on twitter this week was very, very odd. If part of your complaint is that the other side is mounting a campaign of harassment against you using bots, why engage with those 'bots'? It seems to doubly undermine your case. I assumed that she was upset at the UK appeal news but who knows. Oh to be an insider.

Isn't it interesting how little Johnny says?

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:35 am

Many thanks to RumLover, Lbock and ForeverYoung for clarifying the AZ conditional donation pledge. And I agree with ForeverYoung that she could have made a token payment at least when the divorce settlement payments started flowing, After all, she made a promise to AoE, broke that promise for the better PR value of The CHLA and ACLU, but still managed to stroke Elon's ego to make a small donation on her behalf. Couldn't she have stroked Elon a bit for Chrysalis too?

Re the early $350K ACLU donation, AdeleAgain wrote:
I also question her original 350,000 dollars donation to the ACLU and where that came from.

It was made before the divorce settlement was agreed ie when she was living on Johnny's dollar. Even if the actual sum itself came from money she earned, she could only afford to be that generous because she lived a life of luxury for free.

...[clipped paragraphs]...

Edward White said the divorce settlement was the 7 million dollars plus Johnny paid off all of her huge debts. [$6,750,000]

So - wonder where the 350k to the ACLU sits.
This has been niggling at the back of my mind for a while and I think you may have nailed the issue (highlighting above). She has paid this money from a pool that included what she may have earned (being sooo independent) and $6.75m in debt (ie spending) that was underwritten by Johnny (and settled at divorce). There is no telling how much of her extravagant lifestyle Johnny also financed over the whole period of their relationship (some of which was mentioned in AdeleAgain's full post). I suspect he also probably picked up any debts she had when they first became serious or were married. She can claim she made the donation, but in nett terms, I'm calling that as a donation from Mr Depp's purse.

The actual timing of the donation however could be quite revealing. The ACLU has been bailing her out of her messes and sanitising her image since juvie. At some point she has gone to them with money in exchange for something - maybe in garnering public support, to buy an "ambassadorship" and its subsequent benefits, a flow-on recommendation to the UN or maybe even the ACLU's open support against Johnny?

Maybe it was as simple as help in assembling as complete a set of incriminating elements as possible to ensure a legal win in the divorce. Little things like how best to present her victimhood in court. How to stall making depositions. How to use food in creative ways when being cross-examined.

Did the ACLU school her in the requirements of a successful DV claim (remember there were no rape claims at this point, they weren't until the UK case)? Why did she give them money at the time she did? Was it before or after the fecal event? The penthouse pantomime or the Australian post-nup vodka attack?

And why did she give them money at all? She doesn't part with money for anything if she can avoid it (that's NEthing to those in the know). She even bullies retailers for free clothes. Bet her perfume is free. So why did she give them that money, before settlement, before any public pledge and without advertising her generosity and compassion to the world? Very out of character imo and it makes me think it was payment for some service. Something discrete.

Did she use Johnny's money to set up the hoax to take him for everything else?

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:13 am

I hope Ryan Leone has a lot of evidence and other people to back him up. He states in his Twitter account that he has been to prison 3 times. That casts suspicion on his credibility. Attorney's are able to challenge the creditably of a witness. I think it would be up to a judge to decide if Ryan Leone's prison record could be used to challenge his credibility. Even if his prison record was not allowed to bring it in, a shrewd attorney could still tear apart his credibility. I am not saying that he is lying or that he would even testify. I am saying that he would be a terrible witness on his own. He needs evidence and other people to back him up.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:57 am

Judymac I doubt this is his story to tell any part of - if it is true - it is probably something being talked about in certain circles in LA. Either AH ignores this, or she sues him for defamation in which case he will have to prove it is true. Or of course - if there is anything to it - it could blow up.

Whatever way, unless it is true and about to come out in public, not sure how it helps.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:44 am

I read a little of his Twitter account. My thought was that he was seeking attention