The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
RumLover

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by RumLover » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 pm

I said years ago that Johnny was friends with people who I would not want to spend time with; people who seem to have an aggression or provocative nature. Marilyn Manson was one I was thinking of.
I noticed that it is being reported that other women are also saying they MM was abusive. For Johnny, it was always a single accuser.
I doubt that Johnny was planning to use MM as a character witness. If MM ever witnessed anything between Johnny and AH, MM probably won't be called by team Depp to testify.
I don't take the MM accusations as a specific anti-Johnny tactic. It might be anti-MM and or anti-men.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:08 pm

RumLover: I agree with you. However, MM did speak up for Johnny after AH made her allegations. I believe he used the term "Crucified" by the media. One can not overlook that Doug Stanhope, Mickey R., Joe Rogan, and MM called it a " sham " then. JD thinks alot of MM - they have been friends for years and he is Lily Rose's godfather. According to an interview with Alice Cooper, Cooper says MM is a very nice person. The old saying goes " don't judge the book by it's cover." I just think the timing of this article is very suspicious.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:37 am

Johnny does seem to have a love and great tolerance of dark and often difficult characters - I've always thought that I would personally would not have enjoyed Hunter S Thompson or Shane MacGowan being rude and difficult; or MM saying provocative things. Doesn't stop me enjoying their art.

Surely one of the remarkable things about Johnny is that he combines a serious talent (which is drawn from some very dark places as he admits) with being a thoroughly nice guy.

I am determined after what happened in May 2016 that I will not judge anyone until proof has been presented in a credible way. I am naturally inclined to believe people who say they have been abused but I am afraid AH has done so much damage that now I need proof.

One thing we can be absolutely sure of is that AH and her minions will make the most of this.

And we have to be calm and clear that it is of no relevance to the fact that (1) AH has admitted abuse on tape (2) lied, committed perjury so her word cannot be trusted (3) been arrested for DV (4) been abusive to her former assistant.

MM has no relevance to these facts whatsoever.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:28 am

Update on NGN appeal

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:05 am

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:02 am

Oh dear me - anyone else on the edge of their seat?

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:08 am

AdeleAgain: I think it's time, the form of prayer circle. What do you think?

I wonder how AH is handling this. (Not really - :lol: )

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 am

Pins and needles. Yes

She also said if they choose to have a hearing, it could be a year away

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:55 am

I'll wait. If JD has permission to appeal that puts a whole different narrative around this.

Pending an appeal.

And given the weight which the judge put on her charity donation in undermining JD's argument of financial gain - they can strongly argue that they need to be allowed to introduce new evidence.

I also understand (my understanding of appeals is very very limited) that for something serious like perjury, the court should be informed and again new evidence brought in.

Yes Granna pray circle is good for me!! I also wonder how she takes these things. (And why has she stopped buying followers on Instagram?).
Last edited by Joni on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please, no text-message type abbreviations.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:49 am

AdeleAgain: She stopped buying bots? She needs that money to pay her Sanctions. She will probably need to start saving her money Now that she has no jobs on the market, so organizing her so-called friends of the third wing movement, to go after JD's friends and family, Is now on her full-time roster or agenda . Then of course we have the upcoming court dates for Twitter, LAPD, and Disney . I wonder what kind of sanctions if any will happen then? Hey - do you think she is stewing in her juice yet? I certainly hope so.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Depp team asked to submit new evidence and were granted a hearing

https://johnbrace.com/wp-content/upload ... Sealed.pdf

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:24 pm

Wow thanks so much Lbock.

Must be AH's perjury over the charities, and I wonder if they have enough for WH's perjury over her sister's violence?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm

In an order issued on Monday, Lord Justice Underhill said Mr Depp’s application for permission to appeal should be considered at a hearing, “if possible between March 15 and 31”.

The judge said an application by Mr Depp’s lawyers to rely on new evidence, which was not heard at the trial, would also be dealt with at the same hearing.

Lord Justice Underhill added: “Whether the hearing will be at the Royal Courts of Justice or conducted remotely will be decided nearer the time by reference to the conditions then prevailing.”
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/lifest ... -in-march/

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Granna wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm
ForeverYoung: The timing is spot on. We all know there is more to come. There is going to be more - all men - all will suffer just from verbal allegations - with no proof. This 3rd wing movement to destroy men's lifes is in full swing. With AH leading the way. You can bet, we will see some subpoenas in JD's male friends now. AH is so desperate, she'll try to take any and all down to the depths of the underworld, so Heard can rule the world of these 3rd wing group. Power, glory, money and revenge is all she will seek.
Amber Heard can try to subpoena anyone she wants. The bad acts of his friends can not be used against Johnny in court.. A judge would not allow Marilyn Manson's conduct to be brought up because Marilyn'sMansons conduct is not on trial.

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:48 pm

Happy about the news concerning the UK trial!
Thank your for the links provided about the latest VA documents, I will catch up reading at the weekend.
I can't believe how unbelievably dumb it is to go against the LAPD, Disney and Twitter. She is very far down the rabbit hole.

About MM: I saw the story and was immediately reminded of this case. Altough I am tempted to believe women without doubt at first, I know better now. Too many cases which casts doubts, thats why I need evidence to come to a conclusion for myself. Its sad and difficult for any victim of abuse to go through this process but I guess its the best we have.