The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
AdeleAgain

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:57 pm

I think actually people did warn this could be two years. I was/am kind of hoping that her perjury would prompt a quicker reaction if Schillings have raised it as a complaint.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:39 pm

I thought after the permission, the whole appeal could take years. I'm reading so many different things now

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:51 pm

Lbock wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:39 pm
I thought after the permission, the whole appeal could take years. I'm reading so many different things now
I think let's wait and see if he even gets the permission. I don't know about the UK but the US Appeals courts do move very slow and this could possibly go for at least a year but he is asking for a retrial, so it could move much faster, imo.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:27 am

Like others I am also curious about what Adam is up to - I can understand initially getting out interesting snippets of evidence to show her lies, but now he is tearing into the judgement in a way that others have already done but why. I wonder if it is to shore up the base of supporters, or if the target is AH's side/witnesses etc. Maybe both. But he's dropping truth bombs and then Johnny gives us that perfectly timed song.

No one can deny how effectively you can use social media to get out your message without going through the corrupt mainstream media.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Most of the mainstream media is refusing to report anything to support JD so Adam is exposing her lies and showing how poorly the case was handled.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Johnny's motion to quash AH's subppoena for Adam Waldman's deposition was granted because Adam was not properly served. If they reserve him properly then it will be valid and Adam can be deposed BUT Johnny's request for AH to pay his attorney fees to prepare his motion to quash was GRANTED. Take that! :biggrin:

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 4-2021.pdf

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Amber's latest motion to compel is withdrawn on an Agreed Order.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 2-2021.pdf

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Pretty sure Ben’s motion to stop AH compelling more documents scared them off. :lol: Big risk of sanctions there

But. Yes they will have to pay Sanctions on Adam deposition quash. This has been going on since August, I’m hoping it’s like $30k+

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Amber will have to pay Johnny's attorney's fees for his motion to quash. I did not see anything about sanctions.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 pm

New filings by JD's team, giving AH a taste of her own medicine and I am sure we will see more subpoenas from her team now.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 4-2021.pdf

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/s ... 5-2021.pdf

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:28 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 pm
Amber will have to pay Johnny's attorney's fees for his motion to quash. I did not see anything about sanctions.
My understanding is that sanctions are a form of punishment. Wouldn't she having to pay his legal fees fall under sanctions?
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:11 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 pm
Sorry.
I thought when you were granted Sanctions (impose a penalty) it results in the payment of fees and/or damages. So I think legal fees falls under this.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:35 am

Johnny asked for sanctions in his papers but the judge did not address sanctions in his order. The judge only ordered AH to pay reasonable attorney fees. Sanctions is like when someone defies a court order. Believe me, I would love to see her get sanctioned.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:09 pm

Thank you ForeverYoung. :goodvibes:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:05 am

This is very, very interesting. Check out this discussion on a Mera fan account. This person has changed her view on AH over the donations controversy. She has actually just tweeted that she thinks Mera should be recast, having spent a long time defending AH. But look at the thread/discussions - these are fans (along with some of JD's supporters who interestingly haven't been blocked). The opinion of the fans is that she should be recast. There are smatterings of stans who won't change their views, and still people who cite mutual abuse.

I was very heartened by this. You might say that it is a bit much that it takes lying about a charity donation to finally shift their opinion but I think if you've convinced yourself of something, and you only listen to those who echo and amplify your views, it is hard to change opinion.

I am hoping/trusting that it is genuine. It looks to be and I also hope that those of us on the right side of the room and the roaring rapids will be kind to the converts.

Well done Adam for getting the news out there.