The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Inquiring Minds

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:08 am

What a start to the New Year!!

Adam's return is the first of the great news. His tweets have been missed. The content however, was dynamite. We know from research that the donations weren't made, the receipts are in now from CHLA, we can guess what the results from the ACLU subpoena will be. Adam hasn't really told us anything more than that the CHLA donation receipts (or lack thereof) have been received. We worked out the truth ourselves, Adam is just telling us all that the documentation has now been legally filed at the court.

My thoughts on this are swirling, but a few are on the surface (also, its just my opinion and I'm not a lawyer):

Note: I haven't even mentioned Murdoch's previous and ongoing role in all of this.

1. Re the whole CHLA fraud - by both pocketing the money, taking the credit and depriving sick kids in the process, she has firmly established herself as a golddigger. No mis-interpretation is possible. And she has maintained this fraud, reconfirmed it and re-iterated it globally, endlessly and even under oath, right up to the present. It seems there is a VA confidentiality order covering the actual evidence (hence lack of any detail in Adam's tweet), so she obviously intends to leverage her fictional narrative into the future too. If the confidentiality order remains, she may have even got the court to, by default, protect her from disclosure of the scam anytime later. She isn't just a golddigger, she's tapped a vein she still intends to mine for all eternity. That was one of the key elements in Nicol's verdict. Gone.

2. Having lied under oath and in her deposition that she had donated the funds, she has clearly perjured herself.

3. Having perjured herself on the donations, she has likely perjured herself on other elements of her allegations. Regardless, all her testimony is rendered unreliable. Nicol's second reason for believing Amber has now gone. NGN and Wootton's defense collapses and the verdict is "unsafe".

4. What was presented as a well-reasoned verdict is now revealed as the fantasy of a gullible old fool. Or someone who has been corrupted (morally and/or financially). At best, Nicol is revealed as an embarrassment to the bench, at worst, a disgrace. The UK justice system is visibly broken. Has money changed hands? What other cases may have been compromised?

5. I've read that Justice Warby assisted Nicol in writing up his verdict. If this is the case, his assessment of the appeal is quite improper. Even so, he would have difficulty rejecting the appeal in the light of the recent donation data. New evidence may not be permissible, but the VA data simply confirms what the judge should have determined by careful examination of the evidence already provided in a bundle. I guess Nicol foolishly trusted the QC not to lie to him. Confirmation via VA that the donations were not made would simply highlight to all that Nicol did in fact ignore key evidence in his possession at the time, rejecting an appeal would be seen to have been screwed up also. Doubling down will just make them look doubly stupid.

6. When Wass (in her closing statements) effectively told the judge the donation document bundle was large, trust her that the donations were made (and not to trouble his pretty little head), she indicated she was aware of Amber's deception, misled the judge and became complicit in Amber's perjury.

7. For Wass to know to avoid scrutiny of the donations, she would have had to have been instructed by at least one of NGN's lawyers. I believe both Jen Robinson and Adam Wolanski woud have known, and knowingly permitted Amber to perjure herself and hence to pervert the course of justice. Wass has effectively implicated one or both of them as being aware of Amber's perjury/false statement in her deposition and also indicated that those involved recruited a willing Wass to perpetuate this fraud upon the court.

8. If the TeamHeard UK lawyers knew she didn't make the donations, did they also know Johnny didn't assault or rape her? Did they know that she was actually the abuser? Did they know that her co-conspirators would lie for her (and therefore were part of an organised and deliberate hoax)?

9. Was the donation of the divorce settlement part of a court directive (but covered under the NDA), and if so, what are the implications if Amber has violated the agreement? (Technically rhetorical, but any discussion appreciated). My own take has always been that the judge said they could each choose a charity for a 50-50 split. Johnny chose CHLA and Amber chose ACLU, but that's pure speculation.

10. The Sun (NGN) may before long find themselves guilty of defaming Mr Depp, bribing a judge and have 28 (or was it 26?) other claimants suing them over historical phone hacking (disclosed under discovery for this case). Dan Wootton was also named as one of those involved in the hacking. The Sun may not survive this, News of the World didn't.

And that brings me to Amber's hopes for 2021. "Not just to thrive, but to survive". Wait, isn't that the wrong way around? Freudian, I suspect. She has been thriving under the shelter of her lies, when they are all exposed this year, she will be lucky to survive. And she knows it.

And this is just Day 1 of 2021.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:19 am

Inquiring Minds - Thank you for your article. What a nice way to wake up too! I truly believe that this might be a sharp turn to the road of true justice for Team Depp. Again, thank you for the well written piece.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 am

Can a British judge be "fired" if he's found to be incompetent, having been bribed and such?

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:54 am

Thanks for the kind words Granna :)

I was aiming for a post rather than an article, but find it difficult to stop writing once I start on a rant. I shoukd use more emoticons too :wave:

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:42 am

You are most welcome, Inquiring Minds. :girlwave2: I have had to vent occasionally, as well. This is just one Unholy cluster, of a mess. Hopefully 2021, will be the year for us all. Happy New Year my friend. :girlwave:

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:23 am

First of all, a big thank you Inquiring Minds . To be honest, not a word was too much for the very well-written report. :hug:

Dear Meeps , I also thought about , whether judges in the UK have immunity, like a president for example.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:49 am

So I think I can answer on the immunity issue - if there is proven corruption then yes he would be sacked and face charges. I still find that difficult to believe, that a UK judge would have accepted money in return for a judgement - I want to believe more that he was influenced by family - although that in itself is still problematic - or that he simply lacked the moral backbone to find against a women who claimed DV.

If this verdict is instead overturned/retried/whatever - judge is unlikely he would face any disciplinary action per see but he will be professionally embarrassed by what would essentially be criticism by his own colleagues. He is also close to retirement.

When I say I find it hard to believe that a British judge would risk everything for a financial reward (even for his family not himself) - I should also confess that in my naivety I found it hard to believe AH would not donate to charity when she made the big announcement that she had done so. And to be fair - some of you were calling this out then, noting that for the CHLA it was only a pledge and that you would believe it when you saw the actual money in the CHLA bank account. At the time I thought people were being unfair to her - and that she now had a rich boyfriend and a franchise so she likely calculated she would be better off honouring her pledge. And I also think I wrote on here that we should remember that Johnny would be pleased that his money was going to a good cause.

Well what an idiot I feel now. It was obvious a while ago that she hadn't donated the money to the CHLA. For a $3.5 million donation they would surely have done some dedicated press - she would have demanded it.

(Inquiring Minds you've also blown my mind about the lawyers. I suspect you are right - Jen knows. The NGN barrister probably don't 'know' but didn't bother to find out. This is unbelievable and against codes of ethics.)

Although I've been expecting it - looking forward to it for ages especially since the verdict - I feel quite physically sick. She is evil. This is absolutely morally bankrupt. It is also so stupid. How can you expect to get away with this kind of scam these days? Her arrogance and self entitlement must be beyond anything we can even imagine.

Why this is surprising me I don't quite know. She was willing to lie comprehensively about a thoroughly decent man who did nothing but love her. Once again today, I feel heartbroken that JD allowed such an awful person into his life.

I also feel heartbroken about FB3. My family have all be such big Potter fans and none of us have felt like watching any of the films over Christmas because we can no long continue to enjoy the franchise.

Really glad this news has surfaced on twitter (assume media won't touch it until absolutely confirmed and then even then some will forget to publish it) but wish it wasn't coming too late to save FB3.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:27 pm

meeps wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 am
Can a British judge be "fired" if he's found to be incompetent, having been bribed and such?
He is set to retire soon.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:33 pm

Inquiring Minds & AdeleAgain
Great posts

Yes I believe her team all knows she is the abuser (why Kaplan likely left), she didn't donate (why Kaplan likely left to preserve her Metoo Legal Fund Status - which has now been outed anyway). The CHLA docs will be marked confidential, and I hope Depp Team can get them declassified. Although the judge was already concerned about using the charitable donations and could influence a jury selection ahead of trial.

I truly believe everyone, included NGN expected NGN to lose. They made a ton of money over reporting on the case and I don't think they cared. Unfortunately, it opened the door for the media to constantly report negatively on him now and forever. He dared sue their brothern, on live free speach. Note how they are twisting his latest posts on IG. Even so far as some are magnifying the small section of the latest post on the quote:
Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time
of your life to kill, kill and have no regret.
To be honest, this refers that he has every right to clear his name through all means, including the courts and spare no evidence or claim however it hurts people's (not just her) reputation. Not to literally kill in his case.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:45 pm

Adam is still going. Even if you don’t have Twitter I think you can test good feed. https://twitter.com/adam_waldman?s=21

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:33 pm

Omg and Amber still gonna fight it and California judge didn’t issue a due by date so created a loophole

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:03 pm

Lbock wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:27 pm
meeps wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 am
He is set to retire soon.
Yes, but I was thinking along the lines of judge Nicol being "fired" before his scheduled retirement, and that that might affect his pension, or at least his legacy.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:20 pm

Adam is still going.

This implies that the CHLA actively covered up her failure to donate. I assume/hope he's got some grounds for saying that. IF she promised to donate then she rightly was thanked by them and put on the promised donors list. She didn't appear on this year's list as a past donor or a future/promised donor. But I am not sure it would have been right for the CHLA to make a public statement that they never got the money. They haven't hidden it exactly - she is not on their list of past donors.

So I wonder if CHLA also attempted not to answer or helped her in some way.

This is just all so weird and frustrating I feel like we know a fraction of the truth. I hate slipping into conspiracies because it makes us all sound a bit mad. But there are so many things going on.

- Some of Johnny's lawyers in 2016 didn't hand over evidence about AH to him and were conflicted because they also advised EM (I think I've got that right).
- EM helps her get an ACLU ambassadorship and likely other things as well.
- Her relationship with EM is interlinked with the Murdochs and the Sun.
- Then there is a very shady judgement in the UK.

Result is she gets a completely free ride in the face of most heinous behaviour.

And all because she had an affair with EM for a year or so - maybe longer maybe not? Really? He has put in all this effort, all these millions of dollars into a not very talented actress who frankly isn't as pretty as she used to be and who has no scalable fan base, and very low likability.

Why are all these people covering for her? I just don't get why she is worth it? And why would the CHLA tarnish it's reputation with donors?

Even if she has something on EM - drugs, sexual preferences - is it really worth all of this? Just bewildering. But there is clearly a lot going on we don't know. It is extraordinary that Johnny's ex-lawyers gave him a multi-multi million dollar settlement to save themselves going to court. They must really not have wanted that story to come out - and from everything that's been available and hinted about - I am convinced it was Jake Bloom etc's failure to act properly for JD in 2016. They knew about the footage in the ECB but kept it from him? It took Adam coming on board on a completely different matter to get to the bottom of this? To find the witnesses? No wonder those lawyers' insurance company had to make such a big payout.

I apologise for ranting on but I just wish we could get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Something unlikely to happen if AH has anything to do with it.

What hit piece is coming next I wonder? Lbock was so right when she pointed out that the last piece of total nonsense was a salvo before really damaging material on AH came out.

Kathelyndecoke

Unread post by Kathelyndecoke » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:59 pm

I am gutted... I really thought @ChidrensLA' s silence was only a compliance with their confidentiality policy... I thought they would be more than happy to provide the receipt once legally ordered to ...how naive am I.

Still astonished by the nerve of this evil fraud who used this fake generosity at every possible occasion, here just to have the last word:

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Can it be they are more against Johnny than for Amber?