The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Newt

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Newt » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:59 am

So what are the odds that the judge must be getting progressively more and more pissed off that her team's going for more subpoenas? ^^

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 am

Newt wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:59 am
So what are the odds that the judge must be getting progressively more and more pissed off that her team's going for more subpoenas? ^^
I don’t think the judge deals with them unless one side moves in VA to quash them. Otherwise if there are issues they are the jurisdiction of the state they are served in. However, I know Ben brought it up during her Limine hearing and when they requested the extension for FB3.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:02 pm

Well, you had a noble idea, Ruby Begonia - your words touched my heart, especially that someone had the guts to write what so many of us needed to see. Unfortunately, Mikkelsen has done a pretty fine job of rationalizing his stepping into Johnny’s shoes and wishing “the both of them the best”. See “Link” below

Geez, when I think of all that Johnny has put on the line over the years to stand alone for others, to speak out for others, kinda makes you wonder if we’re all living on the same planet....

Ruby Begonia wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:28 pm

....As for the boycottfantasticbeasts and anti-Mads comments, how do you know JD isn't in favor of these as well as the anti-WB & UK court tweets/SM comments? He was libeled & defamed as a wife beater, unfairly judged, forced to pay the libelers $850K (& has equally high legal costs of his own), was fired from a multi-picture franchise, is probably fired from POTC, and media are calling for him to be blacklisted. As Grace says in her video, no actor of JD's calibre & stature has ever been fired from a film after he'd started shooting. It's outrageous. There was a campaign with petition & milions of people across SM platforms to pressure WB to bring him back (he kept the Grindelwald hair & nails for some reason). If Mads & other actors turned down the role to support their fellow actor, it's possible WB/AT&T would have caved. Mads has plenty of work & offers - he should have said "no." He doesn't have JD's emotional range and JD created this character onscreen. JD has a right to be angry and so do his fans and people outraged by the disgusting way a male victim of domestic violence is being treated. Anyone with a spine would speak out.

JD hasn't so far indicated he agrees with VM. He also hasn't asked anyone not to boycott or spoken out or had associates like Stephen speak up to have mercy on Mads. JD is the one in crisis who needs support.

https://apple.news/Ab-UYaRD3TkyvAi4lO9C0xg
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:55 am

Not all people are the same, you can't apply your expectations on every single person. Mads complimented Johnny on his work when he didn't have to. The last part is pure PR, he doesn't even mention her and yet he's being jumped?

I'll leave you with a little something. Ray Fisher (who publicly accused Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns of abuse and misconduct on the Justice League reshoots, then named Toby Emmerich who covered it up and also had racist conversations) said he still has the email sent by WB for Comic Con with talking points, things they had to say on stage.

One of the things they had to say was that Joss Whedon was a great guy, that the reshoots would be minimal (they weren't, they reshot 60% of the whole film). Ray Fisher a few months ago went on Twitter to say he was taking back everything he said that day, and then made his accusations.

That's how it works, this is the business. Mads is a freshly WB employed actor, he's not going to denounce one of the actresses of one of their biggest franchises that they still haven't canned. It's exhausting, absolutely exhausting to see fans go after the actors, whether it's Dan, Poppy, Mads or others. It's useless, it doesn't achieve anything, it's aggressive, it's missing the point completely.

Our voices were heard, are those same people going to spend the next year and a half until the release of FB3 calling for boycotts, and spamming the actors' social media?

I get the anger but at this point, all that really matters is that Johnny wins Virginia so that the press can back off forever and leave him the hell alone and he can get back to a stress free existence.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:20 am

I do agree with you Newt, it is pointless to keep going after the actors. Deppheads and the abuse survivors who have supported Johnny for years had their voices amplified by additional people who could see the injustice. JD's fans are already criticised for bullying etc, let's keep focused on the issue of justice for him. I intend to keep my anger focused on the architect of all of this - AH. I am going to keep doing what I can - watching his films, really looking forward to enjoying Crock of Gold, going to continue to stream the films whilst I am working.

You really have to wonder after yesterday's WB announcement what the future is for expensive franchise films. If Johnny's career pivots back to independent productions on streaming sites, I won't be upset. I watched WFTB every day for two weeks on Apple TV (and yes Disney, you can stream us a Pirates series with Captain Jack appearing to cause mischief every so often).

Should we get this thread back onto the Court cases? I am sorry, I am as guilty as anyone of just generally ranting on here!

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:44 am

I and many others are going to continue to boycott Fantastic Beasts and Aquaman. And boycott anything she is in. Studios and directors who continue to hire and protect AH and any who harmed Johnny as he recounted the abuse and lies at her hand. The petition to fire Amber soared not just after the judgement but after WB fired him. Loud and proud!

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm

I agree, Lbock. I Will use my voice to continue to boycott AH projects and employers, as well as the studios who left Johnny. I will support Johnny movies and projects. I will boycott FB3, Aquaman, and The Stand, etc. I will continue streaming Johnny movies. Other individuals, unfortunately, are on the other side of those roaring rapids.
All of us zoners support Johnny, but each in our own way. I believe in the US first amendment of free speech and will exercise it.
I also feel uncomfortable with zoners offending each other, when it occurs. I am not trying to do so now at all. Peace :namaste:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:14 pm

New order posted with future trial dates. Also i think they’ve consented to some protective order. No matching motions posted

Here is my Twitter thread (list of tweets) with dates and screenshots.

Yaya

Unread post by Yaya » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:58 pm

This is going to sound silly but with all the trouble AH is in at the moment, i.e. the infamous tapes, the Australian government reinvestigating, the missing donations and the growing anger from most people (I mean I see very little support for her in comments, YT videos, twitters etc.), I am genuinely wondering if she is now thinking of settling out of court before it gets so bad she has no hope of salvaging any career she has left. Although being a narcissist, she might find that decision a little difficult to take. What do you think?

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Yaya: She is not done yet. There is still more smear campaign to come. As she said in the UK court, on the witness stand. " she had just scratch the surface," on what she has on Johnny.
The Depp team will have no choice but to put her in the corner, until she cries "uncle." Even then, she won't admit to a blasted thing.
The best we can do is remain calm, vigilant, determined, Keeping the Faith, and the resolve to stand by Johnny until this is done. We must continue to educate everyone, that domestic violence happens on both sides of the aisle. There should be no favoritism, because she is a female. She is an abuser, and as such should be punished. So we go onward and upward, and stick and stand by Johnny until the end.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:21 pm

Yaya wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:58 pm
This is going to sound silly but with all the trouble AH is in at the moment, i.e. the infamous tapes, the Australian government reinvestigating, the missing donations and the growing anger from most people (I mean I see very little support for her in comments, YT videos, twitters etc.), I am genuinely wondering if she is now thinking of settling out of court before it gets so bad she has no hope of salvaging any career she has left. Although being a narcissist, she might find that decision a little difficult to take. What do you think?
I truly think the Narcassist Amber is, she thinks she is winning and everyone loves her. How else could she make such a bold statement of returning to Aquaman 2 and we are all just a paid for smear campaign.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:43 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:44 am
I and many others are going to continue to boycott Fantastic Beasts and Aquaman. And boycott anything she is in. Studios and directors who continue to hire and protect AH and any who harmed Johnny as he recounted the abuse and lies at her hand. The petition to fire Amber soared not just after the judgement but after WB fired him. Loud and proud!
Moonbeam wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm
I agree, Lbock. I Will use my voice to continue to boycott AH projects and employers, as well as the studios who left Johnny. I will support Johnny movies and projects. I will boycott FB3, Aquaman, and The Stand, etc. I will continue streaming Johnny movies. Other individuals, unfortunately, are on the other side of those roaring rapids.
All of us zoners support Johnny, but each in our own way. I believe in the US first amendment of free speech and will exercise it.
I also feel uncomfortable with zoners offending each other, when it occurs. I am not trying to do so now at all. Peace :namaste:
I agree, wholeheartedly, Lbock and Moonbeam, and will do my utmost to continue to support Johnny as you both have laid out. I sincerely apologize if any portion of my recent posts have made anyone here feel uncomfortable.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Also hope I've caused no offence. And you couldn't pay me to see anything she is in or FB3. I will continue to watch FB1 and 2 especially 2 as I loved JD's character in that.

Some very cool, woke colleagues (who BTW, 100 percent on Johnny's side) have come up with a solution to the whole Wizarding World problem: they are happy to watch and read everything up to this year. They were heartbroken by what JK Rowling said about trans issues- I didn't really know what to think about that, I was definitely influenced because she had stood by JD. But his presence was the last thing keeping them in - some of them are the same age as Harry, grew up feeling weird and different so loved Johnny joining. But they have said it is time to basically put the whole thing into a happy memory chest, and bring out the Harry Potter and first two FB movies whenever you like. But it ended for them this year.

I am getting on board with that.

Other than Rum Diary I am not sure I have ever watched anything she has been in.

As to whether she would settle - I just cannot see it. She doesn't believe she's done anything wrong. Everyone who is against her is a bully or a bot. She has literally nothing to gain by giving up now - unlike him, she has no chance of bouncing back on her talent. She may as well plough on - her confidence must be soaring after the London case. And even though she risks exposure over the charity issues she has somehow kept going after the tapes and petitions and everything. She just has bare faced arrogance to keep on. No an iota of self doubt or humility.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Completely agree Adele. She is so scary

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:25 pm

FYI:

Last update was on Friday, 12/04/20

Thanks to gre3f on Twitter @0Gre3f
"Stay low." ~ JD