The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Newt

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Newt » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:10 am

The petition is already at 30 K +. Annnnnndd the Unit Production Manager on FB3 likes my IG post on his page saying it’s utterly disgraceful and that the backlash is starting and people are furious :smile:

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:50 am

Oh, I like that! Both things you said, Newt :airkiss2:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:50 am

Can you let me know where the petition is. I tried those links a couple of pages back, and none worked. I really want to sign the petition. Thank you
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:12 am

For Captain Jack
https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-we ... ck-sparrow

Aquaman removal

https://www.change.org/p/dc-entertainme ... -aquaman-2

Fantastic Beasts
https://www.change.org/p/warner-brother ... tic-beasts

If these don't work just search change.org and Aquaman or some other key word

Sign and then check your email to confirm.

Lbock - I am sure from the wording that they had to effectively buy him out of his contract. Good, he deserves the cash.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:13 am

PS and another 100k followers for our lovely Johnny. instagram up to 7.7 million now.

Literally my faith in humanity is being restored.

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:15 am

Newt wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:10 am
The petition is already at 30 K +. Annnnnndd the Unit Production Manager on FB3 likes my IG post on his page saying it’s utterly disgraceful and that the backlash is starting and people are furious :smile:
Now this is interesting as it hints that corporate suits were behind Johnny being fired rather than the people working on the film with him.
I am genuinely pleased at the amount of support he's getting, not just from his fans but from people in general. The facts speak for themselves.
Zero evidence over the past few decades that he's a spousal abuser.
Plenty of evidence that the husband beater is.
Dozens of independent witnesses who aren't even friends of Johnny saying they never saw him hit her, but did see her hit him.
Physical evidence.
On and on. Johnny has a history of drug and alcohol abuse largely thanks to his troubled life, but absolutely no history of abusing his partners. A lot of people are mentioning this. Problem is these days, assaults on men by women are not as widely known as vice versa. I was hoping Johnny's case might help other men in the same position. It still might. In any case this is a gross miscarriage of justice, and it needs to be remedied.

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:21 am

I think that Warner Bros had seen his evidence, thought he was innocent and legal advice was that they expected him to win the libel case (or only lose on a technicality).
When he lost, they decided to halt the FB3 which already had it's troubles. I expect they would have considered this possible but unlikely.
So many people on the production will have been stood down and who knows if they will get their jobs back.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:02 am

Me and other FB fans are discussing several theories there. One is that Johnny’s role will be maintained in FB3 (some scooper (whose track record is iffy overall lol) is saying that nothing of his will be reshot in the film) , and they’re waiting for the Virginia verdict to bring him back to FB4.

The other is that Johnny putting out the news HIMSELF before any trades is significant, and what if it’s a PR strategy to use the public support to secure his future in the series.

Those are probably too hopeful but I’ve seen it before with WB and Cavill when THR put out that he was done in the role but it turned out it wasn’t true and something the WB camp put out when negotiations broke down supposedly.

I feel there’s a lot we don’t know. Did WB let Johnny make the announcement out of (sorry to use that word here) “respect” for him? Because WB these days loves to deal in bad PR and would have bounced at the opportunity of letting the trades announce that themselves....

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:53 am

Thanks Newt. When I heard that the whole film was being delays my first thought was - well maybe there is a scenario where he has time to come back. I pray so because I don't want to hate on this franchise. Disney and as you point out, WB, have rehired.

I wonder if they are surprised at the swell of feeling?

They have a sticky problem over what to do with AH. They must surely know by now how much harm she will do the film. She won't do the decent thing and resign believing all at once I think that she is both victimised "as all women who go against powerful men are" and popular due to her talent and looks. They would have to fire her which she will spin and all the MSM will back her even if the movie going public says good riddance.

I know that there is talk she had already been bought out of her contract.

I think WB will kick this into the long grass. Both FB3 and A2 aren't due to begin filming until supposedly after VA- but that may get delayed itself due to COVID.

Argh what a mess. I definitely agree this is WB execs rather than those on the production - seems everyone who knows JD loves him.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:18 am

Apologies my above links don't work if you are signing the FB3 one please use this. But don't click in try copy and paste. There are several petitions. This is the bigger on (45 thousand plus atm)

https://www.change.org/p/the-people-war ... rindelwald

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:31 am

FB3 has been filming for two months Adele ^^ I think WB is going to be surprised indeed by the wild reaction, trending all over. The petition is growing super fast. Two of the actors who are some of Grindelwald’s acolytes have liked Johnny’s post on IG too.

I have zero doubt that WB execs made the call. It’s really Jo, Yates and Heyman who stood by Johnny back then mainly. I guess WB didn’t have a choice but to go along with it then.

Joon makes a good point on Twitter that the thing is that now it’s a judge in a UK court saying he believes The Sun, so a different situation.

But still, WB has no balls. Don’t ever forget that they tossed Zack Snyder on JL when he had just lost one of his daughters to suicide. They are that callous. Granted, the last man standing from the old guard is Toby Emmerich. And he seems to be a nasty dude.

Someareborn

Unread post by Someareborn » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:41 am

I watched "lost beyond plutos" breakdown of the judgement and it just makes me sad again.

Overall, considering the general narrative, Johnny had little chance. Its proven, that he takes out his anger on objects, it was easy for the judge to assume he would take out his anger on Amber. Especially since he admitted to having blackouts and NGN poked holes in some of his witness testimonies.
1) Credibilty of Kevin Murphy who was willing to lie about the dogs - why believe him now? And, wasn't he the one who stated it was general household policy the dogs should not travel? Why does the "grease-text" from 2013 exist then?
2) Also, the emotional statement of Kate James - I can see why the judge thinks she ist resentful.
3) Australia; Johnny and the security made up excusions to explain the injury, to cover both for Amber and Johnny. So they were willing to lie. Why should one believe that they are telling the truth on other occasions?
4) Side note on him being surrounded by "yes-men". The article in which Paul Bettany said he and his girlfriend knew but did not speak out because they were afraid of being kicked out of the circle. Not a good look. And Nathan Holmes, providing controlled drugs. Just shows that people would go lengths for Johnny.

Its beyond frustrating. Everything he and his team did to protect him and her, is used against him now. Its not his "fault" that people around him are "enthusiastic supporters" and therefore, in the eyes of the judge, are not credible witnesses. But even if you strip it all away, there are the testimonies of the police officers and the medical staff. How can a judge ignore that??

I' m sorry for the rant, I try to make sense of the verdict and I am frustrated the judge choose to believe her and the general narrative, which, in parts, I can understand.
Have you stumbled upon contradictions in the narrative which made question your beliefs? How do you explain it to yourself?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:35 am

Saw some asking where would Johnny go after deposition. Well not sure where he can fly into with COVID restrictions.

I think he'd like to go back to France. As a resident land owner there, I assume they would let him fly in. I don't know.
Can He fly back to UK with no reason to work there with the country shut down. I think he can if he self isolates for 14 days.

If he goes back to UK, he won't have the house WB rented for him and seeing his name splashed all over as wife beater must be excruciating. Although his closest friends are there (Jeff Beck, Stephen, Ross etc). In fact, many pics we've seen in the "garden" or "park like setting" I believe are Ross's house so manybe he can stay there for a bit.

He hasn't been back to LA in ages BUT that is where his production company and his recording studio. Ross Halfin/Leni often posting from there like its their second home.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:24 am

In terms of the petition, I found that simply googling Grindelwald brought be to several Change.org petitions. I signed those condemning Warner Bros action. I truly believe they have shot themselves in the foot. Feel horrible for the people on the set that have been negatively impacted. I predict longer range problems for old WB. Being on the wrong side of popular appeal is never a good idea.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:53 am

Hate this guy - this is horrifying for Johnny