The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 am

Yes, but they are only ones I know that if doing live reporting, so I guess either take it from you will or don't take from it at all. I personally like to know what is happening even if it's only one side reporting and read the rest later.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:41 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 am
.... they are only ones I know that if doing live reporting, so I guess either take it from you will or don't take from it at all. I personally like to know what is happening even if it's only one side reporting and read the rest later.
Good point, ForeverYoung. I guess, sometimes, something can be better than nothing. Sincere apologies if I came on a bit frustrated, didn’t mean to be rude :daisyforyou

General question: Does anyone know if iO Tillet Wright ever submitted a witness statement before his testimony?
Mr. Wallis has changed his “page”(?) and access to the documents he’s posted. I can no longer open or download any of them...
Ha! Serves me right, I guess - now I may have to check out Sky News, like it or not! :smh:
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:09 am

Justintime - you can't open Nick's docs if you are in safari - google chrome works for me.

iO did submit a document for the original TRO, it was fairly brief from recollection.

Isn't it interesting that neither side have focused on some of the things we got ourselves into such a stew about eg the timings and who made the phone call. I've been thinking about it and I suppose it just doesn't really matter - it is a diversion and was helpful to reassure those on the right side of the roaring rapids that AH's witnesses had concoted a story - but the important thing is the police were called. I've realised in all of this that we - JDs fans - owe a huge debt of thanks to iO and Raquel and whoever else called. If they hadn't, the police would never have been there to give such crucial evidence. Wouldn't it be fun to start publicly thanking them!!

On Sky they did cover stuff bad for AH like Whitney's tape and if you were familiar with the arguments and case you could likely see where the QCs were going but it was so generalised and missed a lot - which to be fair, Nick missed a lot and I always felt much better after I'd read the court doc each day.

Today will be horrific and the headlines will follow but tomorrow will be poetic. If you do follow along and read up tonight, remember a good British barrister could convince you of anything - luckily this is decided on points of law which the judge knows intimately and not on fancy, diverting words. And gloriously David Sherborne has the chance to counter anything worthwhile the NGN QCs have come up with tomorrow. Can you imagine having been a junior lawyer on this case? They've clearly worked pretty much every single night on both sides. They also should get a big thanks. xx

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 am

AdeleAgain wrote:

Isn't it interesting that neither side have focused on some of the things we got ourselves into such a stew about eg the timings and who made the phone call. I've been thinking about it and I suppose it just doesn't really matter
I thoroughly agree on the UK case - that's libel against the Sun with AH as just a witness. The VA trial will be about the hoax and things like the timing of calls, where Rocky was when she got the text etc will be important (imo) to show there was an organised hoax involved.

Does anyone else think it totally mercenary that after setting up the early stages of her hoax, she finds out on her birthday that someone had already stolen the big prize, so she beats up Johnny, throws his phone outside and when he leaves, she dumps in his bed, (effectively) dumps him and starts actively chasing Elon? She figures she can probably score the penthouses, so she stages the May event, starts the hoax ball rolling and files for divorce.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:00 am

That plan sounds so like the "mean popular high school girl" stuff Amber would come up with in my opinion, that I award you the Miss Marple prize!
I think that is exactly what happened!

Cesar'sSusie

Unread post by Cesar'sSusie » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:30 am

meeps wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:00 am
That plan sounds so like the "mean popular high school girl" stuff Amber would come up with in my opinion, that I award you the Miss Marple prize!
I think that is exactly what happened!
:highfive: :hug3: :grouphug:
"He's that and a whole lot more," said his driver. "He's a wonderful guy. I'll tell
you firsthand, he's a great man."
. . .and the Golden Globe goes to . . .
Johnny DEPP, for Sweeney Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:10 am

For anyone that is wondering, Sky News reported that JD's team said he will not be attending court today but will be there tomorrow.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 am

I am so glad JD has given himself a day off from listening to a bunch of hurtful lies. He's confirmed to go tomorrow - if ever there is a day to turn up at High Court - that's the one. I've just picked up a few things from twitter and think the decision not to bother reading today's hearing is a wise one. Apparently, they have brought back up the unsent email.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:42 am

Yeah, have seen zero coverage of today from Qwerty, Joon, mandy or others on Twitter.

nebraska

Unread post by nebraska » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:01 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 am
Yes, but they are only ones I know that if doing live reporting, so I guess either take it from you will or don't take from it at all. I personally like to know what is happening even if it's only one side reporting and read the rest later.
I have been following their live twitter feed. They seem to be doing ok, but it is not as good as Nick's live feed was. So far the defense says that he blacked out and doesn't remember and everyone around him covers for him.

Inquiring Minds

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:44 am

On Mickey Rourke's Instagram page:

I just read that ELON MUSK has challenged Johnny Depp to a fight. I have the better idea if Elon Musk is in fighting mood he can fight someone his own size, i’d gladly love the opportunity to take you to school mr.tough guy Elon Musk. Bare fists,elbows and knees and i will only use one hand-my left. We can both put down $200k a piece, winner take all, no rules. So instead of picking on someone who weighs 130 lbs i am calling your ass out.
Warmest regards, Mickey “Marielito” Rourke.
With Mickey as Mr Depp's champion, Johnny can sit in the front row and watch :)

For warm-up cage fights, first I want to watch Laws slap down Wass - wigs, gowns and nothing but legal volumes and cutting truth to batter and slash each other.

The lead up match would be David Sherbourne and Adam Waldman vs Adam Wolanski and Sherman Lee in a tag team "In Memorandum" match. A scorched earth floor, bare knuckle evidence, razor sharp arguments and withering ridicule.

My money's on Team Depp for the trifecta.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:47 am

Thanks Nebraska. Hmm, well they need some evidence.

Did NGN QCs really say that it is impossible the she was violent because of their difference in size? Really?

And the surely didn't really say that the only time she hit him was in the stairs incident? I am sure they've clarified with "other than in self defence". But really, this is a farcical defence.

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:54 am

nebraska wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:01 am
I have been following their live twitter feed. They seem to be doing ok, but it is not as good as Nick's live feed was. So far the defense says that he blacked out and doesn't remember and everyone around him covers for him.
How is it that when he blacks out and doesn't remember attacking her, but clearly remembers her attacking him, which she claims to have been in defence of him attacking her? :hypnotic:

In short, how does a person only remember part of a scenario but not all of it?

It almost sounds like they are blaming Mort Rainey and not Johnny. :rolleyes: Maybe they should have called the squirrel in as a witness. :-O

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 pm

Transcript of closing argument posted today by Nick.

https://80b08171-ce73-4488-b369-fe3934b ... d7240f.pdf

Justme

Unread post by Justme » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:42 pm

I'm on the page five and it doesn't look good for Johnny.

Oh, wait, it was said by Heards lawyers or the judge because I'm confused now?