The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:01 pm

I noticed since Johnny has been done testified he is much more relaxed now and the fans are allowed to get really close to him now. They moved the barriers so he only has a small space to get through the crowd now He is greeting as he walks through them them and even signed some pics today. Got some cards and gifts too. He is smiling more and looking happy.


https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entert ... o-19685314
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Cskipper
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Cskipper » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:51 pm

This probably isn’t the right area of the message board to ask this but I don’t know where else to do it. Does anyone know what Amber Heards mother died of?

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:39 pm

Amber might have gotten tougher since 2016 but she isn't used to being drilled and she certainly can't answer questions in a courtroom saying "I don't know what part of me came into contact" :biglaugh:

“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Granna
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:44 pm
Status: Online

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granna » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:53 pm

ForeverYoung:

Tougher - maybe. Honed in on her lying skills - definitely. Doesn't have the 'calm' factor in her DNA. Rehersed for her testimony - absolutely. Prepared for the onslaught of questions & evidence against her - no. Thinks she is all that plus a bag of chips plus tax - yep. It's gonna be brimstone & fire, next week. But . . . she won't be able to keep her stories straight. Abandon ship.

User avatar
Joni
JDZ Global Moderator
Posts: 24926
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:08 pm
Location: Canada
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Joni » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:09 am

Cskipper wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:51 pm
This probably isn’t the right area of the message board to ask this but I don’t know where else to do it. Does anyone know what Amber Heards mother died of?
As far as I know (per google) AH didn't say what caused her mother's death.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~Vivian Greene

User avatar
Ruby Begonia
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:46 am

Despite her penchant for carrying around a book (which I think we all know came from stalking Johnny), Heard is an uneducated phony. Her articles and speeches are highly polished by pros or more likely written entirely by them. When you come across a note she herself has written or listen to her more spontaneous answers from media interviews, she uses poor grammar and often uses "big" words in a way that indicates she really doesn't know their meaning.

She probably will be well rehearsed by her legal team, but avoiding getting tangled in her web of lies over 3 long days will be difficult. I think the judge will see right through her.

Who thinks JD will be watching while she testifies?
Last edited by Ruby Begonia on Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inquiring Minds
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 am

Granna wrote:
Tougher - maybe. Honed in on her lying skills - definitely. Doesn't have the 'calm' factor in her DNA. Rehersed for her testimony - absolutely. Prepared for the onslaught of questions & evidence against her - no. Thinks she is all that plus a bag of chips plus tax - yep. It's gonna be brimstone & fire, next week. But . . . she won't be able to keep her stories straight. Abandon ship.
I think she first started this as an easy set-up - makeup, take a few photos, build her corroborations file, seed hearsay ("I can't believe I did that interview with 2 black eyes", "Johnny hit me again"), enlist a small group of co-conspirators to stage and drive the false narrative - then strike! "unsophisticated yet surprisingly effective" was (I think) the phrase used in the VA claim. But Johnny was trusting, not naive, and he walked out too soon. When he said he was filing for divorce she immediately jumped, filed first and made her false allegations. Since then (imo) she has been weaving other fictions into the fabric of lies, trying to stop the fraying as the whole thing falls apart.

She may have been drilled really well, but as soon as she is confronted with something for which she doesn't have a pre-canned answer or deflection, she will start to unravel. The rape appropriation has hit her unexpectedly I suspect, that may be one of the weak points exploited first, thereby making the rest so much easier to systematically demolish. That unravelling will drag down lies she would have previously passed (and doubled down on) in the cross-examination and she will inevitably perjure herself, just as she has in the past. But true, she has probably prepared as well as she can, so she will be more difficult to crack, but I have no doubt Sherbourne is up to the job.

On another issue: when Amber is overheard saying "make sure those pictures get on my computer", just what was implied? I think it implied something like "store them in the directory I set up at C:Dirt files\Film and TV\People\Non-Executives\Stars\Wealthy\Johnny Depp\Fake Injuries\". I think it implies that she also probably had sub-directories for "sleeping" and "with ice-cream" and "hitting cupboards". Another one for creative writing with further sub-directories for unsent emails and diary entries. I wonder if there is another just for stolen victim stories? She probably has a spreadsheet where she kept a timeline of concocted abuses and could just retrospectively insert a line if she had to add a photo or allegation to cover any holes in her story. Shame hers isn't as good as ours ;) (call out to RumLover and others).

Inquiring Minds
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:57 am

Ruby Begonia wrote:
She probably will be well rehearsed by her legal team, but avoiding getting tangled in her web of lies over 3 long days will be difficult. I think the judge will see right through her.
Totally agree. As soon as she has to improvise, she loses it. Too many lies and shades of lies being juggled at the one time and it will spring leaks. Amber doesn't have enough fingers to stuff into all the holes in this dyke.

User avatar
Ruby Begonia
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:31 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:00 am

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 am

On another issue: when Amber is overheard saying "make sure those pictures get on my computer", just what was implied? I think it implied something like "store them in the directory I set up at C:Dirt files\Film and TV\People\Non-Executives\Stars\Wealthy\Johnny Depp\Fake Injuries\". I think it implies that she also probably had sub-directories for "sleeping" and "with ice-cream" and "hitting cupboards". Another one for creative writing with further sub-directories for unsent emails and diary entries. I wonder if there is another just for stolen victim stories?
:lol: Very funny, Inquiring Minds! And I hope you're right about her unravelling on the stand and perjuring herself. :soapbox:

User avatar
FlowerBySea
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm
Location: Germany
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by FlowerBySea » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 am

belis wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:09 pm
Does anyone know why next Thursday and Friday are in square brackets? Does that mean the dates are preliminary and could be pushed back if Amber's testimony takes more time (as did Johnny's)? So next Friday might not be "the final deadline for trial"?
Inquiring Minds wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 am
The rape appropriation has hit her unexpectedly I suspect, that may be one of the weak points exploited first, thereby making the rest so much easier to systematically demolish. That unravelling will drag down lies she would have previously passed (and doubled down on) in the cross-examination and she will inevitably perjure herself, just as she has in the past.
I agree with what you said, but I have a question about this bit - it seems to me they always went in chronological order with the questions so far. Is that maybe court protocol?
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

AdeleAgain
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:26 am

My understanding is that David Sherborne doesn't have to take the incidents in chronological order - I think Wass did so to build a momentum, show increasingly out of control behaviour etc. But given that there was one incident she didn't question JD on (and therefore Sherborne couldn't) I presume Sherborne could just pick out what he wanted. That risks leaving parts of her WS unchallenged by questioning but if it is not strong testimony he may decide not to focus. I imagine he'll focus on the stories which are easiest to unpick with other evidence - looking all the time to present her as a completely not credible witness and therefore her word cannot be trusted - the judge can only believe her when backed up by other proof. Does that make sense?

User avatar
meeps
Posts: 3429
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Hiding in my imagination?
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:48 am

Inquiring Minds wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 am

On another issue: when Amber is overheard saying "make sure those pictures get on my computer", just what was implied? I think it implied something like "store them in the directory I set up at C:Dirt files\Film and TV\People\Non-Executives\Stars\Wealthy\Johnny Depp\Fake Injuries\". I think it implies that she also probably had sub-directories for "sleeping" and "with ice-cream" and "hitting cupboards". Another one for creative writing with further sub-directories for unsent emails and diary entries. I wonder if there is another just for stolen victim stories?
If I had that sort of things on my laptop I would never ever let anybody else handle it unless I was present. And "make sure those ..." doesn't sound like she would be standing over her assistant or whomever while the pictures were moved. Can she really have been so sloppy as to collecting "evidence" on a computer everybody potentially had access to?

Inquiring Minds
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:10 am

There is obviously strategy involved in who is asked what. I didn't realise until the case started that the redirect questions are limited by the questions asked during the cross-examination.

I think that Amber's cross-examination has the potential to essentially destroy the witness statements of Rocky and iO at the same time. If that happens, it may be possible to structure their cross-examination to provide no hooks for Wass on re-direct, prevent Wass from asking any questions to reinforce their lies, then call in Josh Drew to reveal the set-up at the apartment ("Stop hitting me [oops] don't hit me again"). VA will expose the extent of the hoax, this is just to prove in the UK courts that he isn't a "wife-beater". Of course if this spurs on J.K.Rowling or anyone else to sue, so be it.

And there is also the possibility that unknown details will be revealed here that can used to further expose the hoax at VA.

I just want to watch her crash and burn.

I think this is the first time she has called him a rapist (indeed a violent rapist) in a sworn statement to be imminently tested in court. Whilst the alleged rape in the WS is problematic to prosecute (eg. what jurisdiction), and will no doubt be demolished (if Kate's testimony hasn't already done that), the false rape allegation has been made in the UK, to a UK court and may potentially go beyond merely perjury (in my totally ignorant opinion). I don't know UK law regarding false and malicious allegations of this nature.

Inquiring Minds
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Inquiring Minds » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:28 am

meeps wrote:
If I had that sort of things on my laptop I would never ever let anybody else handle it unless I was present. And "make sure those ..." doesn't sound like she would be standing over her assistant or whomever while the pictures were moved. Can she really have been so sloppy as to collecting "evidence" on a computer everybody potentially had access to?
My point exactly. To me this indicates that this was a definite conspiracy with Rocky having full liability with Amber. It was started long before the split and was clearly on-going for many years? As she said to Johnny - "[if you didn't assault me], either I'm in a secret fight club or I've been planning this for years - and no-one will believe that" (or words to that effect).

Maybe Rocky was brought in later (probably), but she was in the thick of it and fully aware of what was planned imo. If Dad thought he was getting a cut, Rocky, iO and probably others will have been promised a share.

And I am very dubious that Johnny is the only one she has been bullying, love-bombing or blackmailing. Kaplan, since her rapid departure either knows or suspects something. And what part have the ACLU played in all this? They have been building a victim to heroine narrative with her since she was in juvie. The story emerging is the exact opposite and they can't be happy or content to just stand by and watch.

User avatar
FlowerBySea
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm
Location: Germany
Status: Offline

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by FlowerBySea » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:47 am

AdeleAgain wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:26 am
My understanding is that David Sherborne doesn't have to take the incidents in chronological order - I think Wass did so to build a momentum, show increasingly out of control behaviour etc. But given that there was one incident she didn't question JD on (and therefore Sherborne couldn't) I presume Sherborne could just pick out what he wanted. That risks leaving parts of her WS unchallenged by questioning but if it is not strong testimony he may decide not to focus. I imagine he'll focus on the stories which are easiest to unpick with other evidence - looking all the time to present her as a completely not credible witness and therefore her word cannot be trusted - the judge can only believe her when backed up by other proof. Does that make sense?
Ok, that would be awesome! I felt like she had to go in chronological order and was able to skip over events that she didn't want to cover. Would be great if this wasn't the case.

Why were Elon Musk and James Franco not called as witnesses? They saw her up close.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.