The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lunarose

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lunarose » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 am

Granna wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:32 pm
AdeleAgain:

You stated your concern for Vanessa and Kate going head on with Wass. Don't worry. After what AH has done to Kates' son (using him for a photo op) and Vanessa protecting her two kids with JD - Wass is no match for either one of those ladies. (Mamas will protect their young, from likes of AH.) Let's get ready to rumble!
Regarding Vanessa, she is obviously protecting the kids but most importantly wants the truth to come out. She is a STRONG person! She's had to deal with a lot of media pressure from a very young age. When the whole of France started hating her when she was 13, she was being insulted, spat on in the streets. It was VILE. She kept going, she was so resilient from a young age. We're talking about someone who was had to deal with paparazzis and terrible newpapers/gossip magazines articles (even before she was with JD) for over 3 decades. It has been revealed in the past that paparazzis were dressing up as nurses and doctors when Vanessa was giving birth for example. They also managed to take pictures of her during her dad's funerals. Pure evil. Look at the way they talk to her when she is at airports. She is a tough cookie, She never loses her :censored: , always classy and to the point and everytime she sues the magazines, she pays her tribunal fees and donates everything to charities.

Everyone knows her in France. She's followed by paparazzis every day, morning, afternoon, evening....always there...Then everyone everywhere she goes, observes her, makes comments, analyses, scrutinises everything she does. There's never been any comments from restaurants, shops, hotels, galleries, crews about them being abusive, on drugs, weird, agressive, fighting...Absolutely NOTHING. Just pure positive comments about them, how nice they are, down to earth, lovely family, polite and bright kids.

They can stir everything they want about alcohol and drugs, they can bash us with any PR campaign they want, it won't work. I'm so confident Johnny will win!

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:06 am

Snowcat

Unread post by Snowcat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:55 am

I have been following along. Thank you to all who have contributed what you have found. This is an ordeal, but I do believe it will come out in Johnny's favor.
Lunarose, I also have come across info of how some people have treated Vanessa in France. I recall her once talking about it in an interview. She also said that women pulled her hair. It is horrid how she was bullied, just because of her talent and early-on success. She is an amazingly strong woman and I agree, AH's lawyer is no match for her! Thank you for your input.
He said, "Wow, Very Nice!", and signed my painting. TIFF 2015.

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:14 am

Just to offset all the painful stuff we've had to read/watch I just had to post this, Johnny arriving at court today. Don't you just love that he faces everything head on, no slipping in behind closed gates. Takes the time to acknowledge not just the reporters but more importantly the many fans that keep turning up to support him. He's loved and admired by so many. :heart3:

And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 am

It is of course a very serious matter but is anyone else enjoying his sartorial elegance? Particularly love yesterday and today. Sorry, indulge me please!

hollyberry

Unread post by hollyberry » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:58 am

Absolutely, he looks amazing in a suit!

gipsyblues

Unread post by gipsyblues » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:13 am

Oh yes, he looks gorgeous in suits :lovedrunk:

FlowerBySea

Unread post by FlowerBySea » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:16 am

Does anyone have a link to the timetable / schedule for the rest of the trial? I tried looking on here, Twitter & Google but can't seem to find anything.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

stroch

Unread post by stroch » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:57 am

The original timetable is posted in the middle of page 272 of this thread.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

Snowcat

Unread post by Snowcat » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:24 am

Yes, he does look mighty fine in his blue three-piece suit and I am sure the supporters gathered giving their well-wishes are like a balm to him. I imagine he's very thankful! Thanks for sharing the video, I-t-D! :kiss:
He said, "Wow, Very Nice!", and signed my painting. TIFF 2015.

FlowerBySea

Unread post by FlowerBySea » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:41 am

stroch wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:57 am
The original timetable is posted in the middle of page 272 of this thread.
Thank you! I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Johnny Depp 'insulted by Amber Heard during Bahamas trip', says his employee

bbc.co.uk
14th July 2020

Amber Heard insulted Johnny Depp during a Christmas trip to the Bahamas, his estate manager has claimed.

Tara Roberts told London's High Court that Ms Heard, 34, called Mr Depp, 57, "washed up" and "fat".

Mr Depp is suing the publisher of the Sun over an article that labelled him a "wife beater" - but the newspaper insists it was accurate.

He denies 14 domestic violence allegations which News Group Newspapers is relying on in its defence.

In her witness statement at the High Court, Ms Roberts, who is the estate manager of Mr Depp's Caribbean home, claimed she had seen Ms Heard screaming at and berating the actor as he yelled at her to "go away".

Ms Roberts, who has worked for Mr Depp since December 2008, added that she saw a "red, swelling gash" on his nose, and that he had told her Ms Heard had thrown a can of lacquer thinner into his face.

She went on to describe Mr Depp as an "unusually kind man", saying she had never seen him be "violent or aggressive" with Ms Heard, or anyone else.

Ms Roberts alleged that she saw Ms Heard "lunge violently at Johnny, pull his hair, and commit other aggressive physical acts against him".

Ms Roberts said that on 29 December 2015, when the couple were staying on the island with his two children and a friend, the pair had an argument.

In her statement, she said: "While I could not hear what caused the fight, Amber repeatedly berated him with increasing ferocity.

"She was insulting him, calling him names, and in the middle of this onslaught I heard her say specifically 'your career is over', 'no one is going to hire you', 'you're washed up', 'fat', 'you will die a lonely man', and also screaming things that were incomprehensible."

Ms Roberts claimed Mr Depp tried to leave, repeatedly asking for the key to a vehicle, which Ms Heard refused to give back, adding it was later found in the couple's house.

She said during the entire incident, she "never saw" Mr Depp hit or push Ms Heard, and "nor did he physically react to the attacks".

She said on walking Mr Depp to a café later on, she saw he had "a red, swelling gash on the bridge of his nose".

"Amber, Johnny then told me, had thrown a quart sized can of lacquer thinner into Johnny's face, causing a gash," her witness statement said.

Ms Roberts claimed she did not see any signs of injury on Ms Heard's face or body during the trip.

Sasha Wass QC, representing Sun publisher News Group Newspapers, asked her about the former couple's Bahamas stay, and Ms Roberts said she was not aware their relationship was very difficult at that time.

Ms Wass said: "As far as you were concerned, you have suggested that it was Ms Heard who was the most violent, is that right?"

Ms Roberts replied: "Correct."

She was shown a photograph from around that time of Ms Heard with bruising on her face but said she had not seen this bruising when she saw the pair after the row.

During an exchange with Mr Depp's barrister David Sherborne, Ms Roberts said that she "never saw" the actor being violent or aggressive towards Ms Heard on the island.

Mr Sherborne asked the estate manager whether she was "lying" to protect Mr Depp because she was "worried" about losing her job. She replied that she was not.

Hollywood stylist Samantha McMillen told the court Ms Heard had "no visible" injuries the day after the actress alleges Mr Depp was violent towards her in a separate incident in late 2015.

Ms McMillen said she spent "much of the afternoon and early evening" with Ms Heard on 16 December 2015 as she prepared to appear on a US late-night talk show.

In a witness statement, Ms McMillen said she saw Ms Heard "in good light, at close range, wearing no make-up", adding: "I could see clearly that Ms Heard did not have any visible marks, bruises, cuts, or injuries to her face or any other part of her body."

The stylist said after the programme Ms Heard said to her: "Can you believe I just did that show with two black eyes?"

Ms McMillen said: "Ms Heard did not have any black eyes, and had been visibly uninjured throughout the day and at that moment."

The libel case arose out of the publication of an article on the Sun's website headlined: "Gone Potty: How can JK Rowling be 'genuinely happy' casting wife beater Johnny Depp in the new Fantastic Beasts film?".

The Sun's original article related to allegations made by the actress, who was married to the film star from 2015 to 2017.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:39 pm

I know it is not evidence of anything, but people - also women - have no problem working for Johnny for years.
I love that, myself :love:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Well today was the day - and if you've looked at The Picture you simply cannot unsee it. Not a dog. Not a harmless prank. Just vile.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:52 pm

I haven't seen 'the picture.' Is there a new photo that was released in court? Thanks.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies