The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Chocolat

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:29 am

:agreesign: AdeleAgain. That time stamp for midnight (00:00) makes a huge difference and can't be ignored. Judge Nichol stated that he had a different time stamp compared to Johnny's photo too. How can Wass explain that? If I recall, Johnny's legal team wanted a tech expert to examine these types of discrepancies both in the photos and text messages but AH objected to that course of action.
I don't know what ever became of that.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am

I think there were two instances of issues over meta data - one where JD's file said 2019 (or something) and the Judge and Sherborne had 2014 - probably explainable - and then to my mind this far more serious matter of the 21 May photo. Part of me wants the entire proceedings to stop on Monday because false evidence has been presented; part of me wants her/Raquel confronted with this on the stand.

My worry/anxiety/reason I'd like this all over is because I hate the thought of people like Vanessa and Kate being put through the ringer by the Sun's QC.

Thank you for the comments by 'greef' which are super helpful, I also found reading JD's opening statement really helpful - in countering the Sun's claim that if it can demonstrate one incident, that vindicates the use of 'wife beater'.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:54 am

AdeleAgain - please don’t apologize for trying to inject a bit of clarity into what appear to be obvious attempts to muddy this case even more.

As far as I know, “Midnight” has always referred to 12 am (start of the new day). “Noon” has always referred to 12 pm (“Midday “).

If “Midnight” is part of the identifying time portion of metadata on the AH “cellphone abuse photo”, then you are absolutely correct to conclude the pic was taken well before the alleged “incident” ever occurred!!

Yes, QC Wass dismissively tells Johnny not to be pay attention to the time(!) - “Don’t worry about the time. It was taken on that date.” How arrogant! Playing fast and loose with anything that might derail her momentary objective is her mo. She uses it often - “We’ll come back to that later...” - and has perfected the delivery to the point where key bits are frequently underplayed, forgiven, or forgotten, depending on her imminent reason for the ploy.

I understand the need to follow through on a current line of thought - especially in such a layered, complex case - but to casually dismiss a time/date inconsistency on a supposedly critical piece of evidence should have been dealt with immediately. As it stands now, the photo should be tossed out as the fraudulent piece of garbage it appears to be and charges levied against those who submitted it.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm

I honestly don't think Johnny's counsel is going to let these metadata issues slip by. Monday will be interesting. :waiting:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Lunarose wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:47 am
This is quite something:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... attle.html
They already stopped accepting comments. About 250 of them and most are in support of Johnny and trashing her. :biggrin:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lunarose

Unread post by Lunarose » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:24 pm

That private detective should have interviewed the crew on “overhaulin” mustang tv prank. She acted like such a psycho and was so agressive that they disn’t have enough footage to cut and paste for the show

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:26 pm

:snoopydances: :snoopydances: :snoopydances:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Oh dear. AH and the Sun's lawyer should be better co-ordinated.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:42 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm
I honestly don't think Johnny's counsel is going to let these metadata issues slip by. Monday will be interesting...
>I sure hope you’re right, ForeverYoung. You’re much closer to the legal process as a whole than I - my reactions are generally just from the gut or based on what we learn here.

>Thank you, Chocolat, for the “greef” posts. They’re helping me get through this weekend with a bit more hope than what I’d started with . . .

Moonbeam wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:26 pm
:snoopydances: :snoopydances: :snoopydances:
>Ahhhhh, Moonbeam - SNOOPYDANCES!! Yes, somehow Johnny managed to get everyone to take a deep breath:

Made me burst out laughing when, after a long stint in the witness box, Mr. Justice Nicol asked Johnny if he would like to take a short break. Johnny’s reply, “. . . .Your lordship, I would do SnoopyDances for a break right now . . .” J: Done!
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:04 pm

justintime, I just felt like doing SnoopyDances after reading from greef. Thank you Chocolat for posting that treasure!! :namaste:
When Johnny said 'SnoopyDances' on the stand, I burst out laughing!! He took it all, with grace and humor. :snoopydances: :snoopydances: :snoopydances:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:32 pm

AdeleAgain:

You stated your concern for Vanessa and Kate going head on with Wass. Don't worry. After what AH has done to Kates' son (using him for a photo op) and Vanessa protecting her two kids with JD - Wass is no match for either one of those ladies. (Mamas will protect their young, from likes of AH.) Let's get ready to rumble!

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:42 am

OMIGOD this Daily Mail article about "Amber's angels" which was complete and utter balloney, as confirmed by one of the persons named in the article, saying it wasn't true. Cate Blanchett got dragged into it as well and you can bet that she has no idea about any of this. Her PR team is made up of clowns, fitting !

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:22 am

Yes, you can see the article about "Amber's Angels" here: and the denial in this tweet:
The hostess denied that Cate Blanchett and so on was involved in the event, but not specifically that the dinner was in honour of Amber.
But if one thing is a lie, then the rest is likely to be too, right?

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 am

She said as well in other tweets "it's not true", so yeah, the whole thing is probably BS. Plus, does this PR team remember we're currently in a pandemic?!

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 am

AdeleAgain wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am
I think there were two instances of issues over meta data - one where JD's file said 2019 (or something) and the Judge and Sherborne had 2014 - probably explainable - and then to my mind this far more serious matter of the 21 May photo. Part of me wants the entire proceedings to stop on Monday because false evidence has been presented; part of me wants her/Raquel confronted with this on the stand.

My worry/anxiety/reason I'd like this all over is because I hate the thought of people like Vanessa and Kate being put through the ringer by the Sun's QC.

Thank you for the comments by 'greef' which are super helpful, I also found reading JD's opening statement really helpful - in countering the Sun's claim that if it can demonstrate one incident, that vindicates the use of 'wife beater'.
There seems to be a third incident on metadata regarding the howling audio. Wass is trying to pin it down to the plane. Johnny feels it had to be on the island when he was detoxing. Stephen has no memory of it and Sherborn objected to using him to place the audio vs metadata