The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Granny576

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Granny576 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 am

That tape of the finger answers a lot of questions. She was not hurt. No marks. Question: is there proof of the phone call between Johnny's lawyer and AH? In regards to the post-nup. So many gotch yas on that tape. I Hope.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:56 am

And if he was so 'out of it' his texting skills are unbelievable. His text to Dr Kipper was certainly nothing but coherent and sad - not the ramblings of an out of control drunkard.

Back to Amanda de Cadenet - I wonder how many of those types of calls AH had after the tapes came out - people asking her to explain? Convinced Melanie must have been one.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 am

There was a particular cagey nature about Amanda de Cadenet from the time she first came into the picture. I thought she had an over zealous protection toward AH as seen in the papped photos of the two of them outside the church (support group) in June, 2016. It was obvious that it was staged in order to heighten Amber's claims of abuse and strengthen public support. In addition, Amanda de Cadenet's advocacy for the #metoo movement had her featuring AH and her abuse claims in photos, conversations and videos in Amanda's own Girlgaze network and Conversations podcast. It was a mutually self promoting gesture, in my opinion, all set out to gain attention toward each of their agendas. For years Amanda de Cadenet helped Amber twist the truth and aided her in timely publicity.
Fast forward and suddenly, after speaking with "Robbie" Kaplan, Amanda de Cadenet has a change of heart for her best friend and exits the big picture promptly after Kaplan withdraws from the case. They, arm in arm, saved themselves before the crush of the trail and falling from grave with #metoo and #TimesUp. It's also peculiar in the way Kaplan reasoned her departure from representing Amber Heard. It was a tight lipped, get out quick get away, leaving more questions than answers.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:53 am

Chocolat wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 am
**There was a particular cagey nature about Amanda de Cadenet from the time she first came into the picture.

**Amanda de Cadenet's advocacy for the #metoo movement had her featuring AH and her abuse claims in photos, conversations and videos in Amanda's own Girlgaze network and Conversations podcast.[/highlight]

**For years Amanda de Cadenet helped Amber twist the truth and aided her in timely publicity.[/highlight]

**suddenly, after speaking with "Robbie" Kaplan, Amanda de Cadenet has a change of heart for her best friend and exits the big picture promptly after Kaplan withdraws from the case.

**It was a tight lipped, get out quick get away, leaving more questions than answers.
Bravo, Chocolat, for particularly astute observations and assessments! I hope those vipers read your words and cringe - the supposedly vacuous Depp supporters can see right through their no-holds-barred efforts at self-preservation.

I am truly sick at heart to think Johnny’s iron-clad case - just starting to harvest a bit of long-deserved, thoughtful goodwill among those now willing to invest even a modicum of time reading beyond tabloid headlines - should be subjected to new suspicions. There is no Justice of any sort being served at this point. I’m just praying Johnny gets his day(s) in Court, no more delays, and triumphs beyond anything anyone expected.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:42 pm

I wonder if Amanda brought Kaplan to Amber.

The Sun/NGN judgement Monday morning on strike and then a hearing
Before MR JUSTICE NICOL
Monday, 29th June 2020
At 10 o’clock
FOR JUDGMENT
Covid-19 Protocol: This judgment will be handed down by the judge remotely by circulation to the parties’ representatives by email and release to Bailii. The date and time for hand-down will be deemed to be 10am on Monday 29th June 2020. A copy of the judgment in final form as handed down can be made available after that time, on request by email to the judge’s clerk at QBJudgesListingOffice@justice.gov.uk

QB-2018-006323 Depp v News Group Newspapers Ltd & anr
At half past 10
(By Skype for Business. For details on accessing the hearing, please e-mail qbjudgeslistingoffice@justice.gov.uk)
FOR HEARING
QB-2018-006323 Depp v News Group Newspapers Ltd & anr

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 pm

:thanks!: for the update on The Sun dismissal request, Lbock. I emailed for a copy of Justice Nicol's decision but can't imagine they'd send it to just anyone. :hope: Hope it is not dismissed, of course.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Ruby Begonia wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 pm
:thanks!: for the update on The Sun dismissal request, Lbock. I emailed for a copy of Justice Nicol's decision but can't imagine they'd send it to just anyone. :hope: Hope it is not dismissed, of course.
Good for you. I hope to get an email too. Praying it’s not dismissed

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:13 pm

I wouldn't worry folks. The motion isn't grounds for dismissal, imo and besides, they have had access to the texts so it's not like Johnny was hiding it. It doesn't support her claim anyway of him being abusive and for all we know, the drugs could have been for her. She might have been nagging him since she didn't have any means of getting drugs there and now she is trying to turn the tables like she always does.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Oh darn. California is a mess and considering another lockdown. Which would preclude LA video link testimony for the UK trial. All those protestors and beach goers.

If not dismissed. (Which I doubt) might be a big delay. 😢 :headache:

Granny576

Unread post by Granny576 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Need help here. Tape from. Australia answers a lot. Johnny did not abuse her. No marks again. Many witnesses. Johnny does not like happy pills or white stuff. Amber does. On tape she admits to taking several drugs to Jerry. Coke was questionable. He probably look for stuff for Amber just to shut her up. Brians tape ,that Amber herself recorded, is pretty clear. These are drugs of choice of Amber. Johnny had been sober for a year . He, like many others, had been addicted to opiods by Drs. He fought to get away from it. He is to be comended not twisted into something bad. He did not abuse Amber. Again, not a mark.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:13 pm

Read at your own peril. Full texts
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... t-22254565

It appears Johnny received and used some before she arrived.

I see people saying how sad he was and using to cope. I don’t think so for the beginning of her arrival. He loved this woman and they obviously had some good times. He was excited she was coming only married a month and apart and I think getting drugs Most likely for her or maybe both for a fun weekend. He insists he didn’t take MDMA at least for the time of the argument.

But the fight was about the post nup and it all went to hell then. She admitted on the audio to popping several drugs. He didn’t abuse her. She’s twisting a few facts. That’s my opinion. And the fights got worse. And he finally realized and left

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 pm

Once again - a bunch of texts designed entirely to grab headlines. Really is anyone that surprised? They clearly enjoyed certain things together and he did with other friends. He and Nathan had a bantering, warm relationship, and with JD's usual generosity he gave stuff away.

Once again a fishing expedition and the best the other side can come up with are things JD readily owns and has already put into his witness statement.

The 'three day ordeal' simply does not stack up. (1) witness saw her unharmed whilst he had the end of his finger chopped off (2) even though I think the tape is not as clear as the other audios, it does seem that she was in a state of hysteria over what she had done, not because she had been harmed. She's begging to be with him; Dr Kipper says she is feeling guilt; several times she is said to have admitted she threw bottles (3) her description of the event simply defies credibility - her feet would have been in pieces, she would have needed medical treatment.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Exactly. Thee is nothing on those tapes of her showing or telling Jerry or anyone else including the doctor or nurse about her alleged injuries. I think we all know if she had any injuries at all she would have said something to someone and if they saw any injuries they would have treated her.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:12 am

Said something? She would have screeched it out to make sure it was heard in the recording. She left her phone for the most part away from her whilst recording - seems to me she just wanted to know what everyone else was saying. And from what Jerry says - this was something she did a lot.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:24 am

I agree, if she was so badly injured as she claimed, after the fact, she would have let every one know in a heartbeat. Instead, she tried to save herself by shifting the blame about the incident onto Johnny and the use of drugs. She was very eager to produce the empty bags of cocaine, claiming they belonged to him as if to further removing her own guilt within the chaos.
It's also been pointed out that her recorded conversations seem to reflect a disorganized thought process and paranoia that she's being conspired against, therefor the need to be one step ahead of who she believes are her enemies. No doubt there has been a pattern of her own premeditated plotting... ( ex: AH going off on the mechanic about knowing Dr. Kipper, accusing JD's fans of all sorts of things for her lack of work, setting up her phony abuse claims to her makeup artist and stylist and the just mentioned revealing empty bags of cocaine). The suggestion that AH scours social media and JD sites looking for evidence of persecution to use in her lawsuit defense reflects, in my opinion, a suppression of shameful behavior.
Of course in her delusional mind, nothing is her fault yet in the recordings, in an emotional outburst, she admits that she didn't mean to hurt Johnny. I think that's another key statement proving she is the abusive one in the relationship. The respected Dr remarked how her words and behavior were a sign of guilt.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.