The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:06 am

The motions have been going on since day 1 in the VA case in a desperate attempt to have the case dismissed and stall the proceedings. Bottom line is the article was written about him and everyone can see that. She can do all the motions all she wants but it just makes her look worse every time she files them. :no2: :smh: :facepalm:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:03 am

So irritating to see AH plead "poor me; I don't want to release any information that may cause me embarassment or humiliation" after having gleefully dragged JD through the mud for years. Don't forget her smirking and taunting IG images of the ships on her shoulders, using his furniture and clothes, as well as the "brass knuckles" punch. Like Justintime, I hope she'll be in jail one day soon. Who besides a criminal says things like "Who can we grease" to get something illegal done? She probably has more dirt to keep hidden than we could ever imagine.

As far as Johnny's being requested to furnish so much more in the way of medical and other records, that probably was mostly because, in the 10/18/2019 hearing (transcript pg 19, attached to Defendant's Memorandum in Opposition to the Plaintiff's Motion to Compel filed 6/19/20), his ex-attorney Robert Gilmore said on page 19 that JD had "nothing to hide." Further, on transcript pgs 21-24, Gilmore irritates the Judge by saying that the reason JD's team wrote in their complaint the statement that JD is not a domestic abuser and never abused anyone was because it was important for that statement, which they aver to be a true statement, to appear in press reports on the case. The statement was not intended to offer open-ended discovery into JD's past relationships and/or public records since the defamation suit is only about whether JD abused Heard "as she falsely claims." Judge White did not agree and allowed Heard's team to request discovery on JD's past relationships and much more.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:20 pm

“New” photo (actually printed a couple? weeks ago) of supposedly another incident of abuse? NOT!! Same photo, and when compared side by side - as first presented - to the original, which showed some of the room as well, you can see not a single hair is different, especially the loose strays around her neck, every slight fold in her t-shirt neckline is in EXACTLY the same place, her position against the background has not moved by a millimeter, and the dirty towels on the rack are in exactly the same position!! Only her eyeballs (looking in a different direction) and smudged shadowing - the obvious draws for people looking to validate this additional, despicable fraud - have been been photoshopped.

Can’t Mr. Justice Nicol put a stop to this continued libelous defamation?

Thanks to LauraB’s Twitter page.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Moonbeam

Unread post by Moonbeam » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:39 pm

That is the Exact same picture, possibly altered or edited, that was published in People magazine to get her TRO!! Same everything!! Puleeeeeze!! :grr:
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't."-- "The truth will come out...and I will be standing on the other side of the roaring rapids. I hope other people will too." --Johnny Depp #justiceforjohnnydepp

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Moonbeam:

Did you actually believe that Team Heard, Wooton and the Sun, wouldn't 'try for a "sucker punch"? There will be much more to come before and during the trial. Anything to smear JD.

Their ship is sinking.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:16 pm

That pic is not new. If anything, what they did was deliberately darkened and enhance the contrast of the photo. There's definitely photoshopping done to remind everyone that she was "abused". A last ditch effort to gain who knows what before the trial. It's another low blow by Amber Heard, clinging to her hoax from 2016. Johnny's legal team won't let this additional act of defamation by The Sun go unchallenged. That said, I suspect something damaging about AH to emerge any day now.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:47 pm

A touched up photo without a date and timestamp doesn't PROVE anything. Geez. She has to be the most desperate person on the planet. :smh: :facepalm: :dunce:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:15 pm

People at a news stand scanning tabloids aren’t looking for dates and time stamps on the salacious cover pics. All they see is AH - in a photo that may ring a bell - and a headline screaming, “New photos prove Depp did it before...”. All lies and fraud, and just in time to stick around while the WFTB trailer is making its debut. I am convinced there is no punishment that could be levied upon Wootton, NGN, and AH that could ever come remotely close to righting the unabating wrongs that have dismantled Johnny’s life these past 5+ years. YEARS. YEARS. YEARS...
"Stay low." ~ JD

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:26 pm

The Suns' case is slowly unraveling.

Amanda D. has withdrawn her support and testimony for AH. Stating that AH "mislead" her on the allegations that JD abused her.

Amanda says AH refused to acknowledge that she abused JD, even the recording dictate otherwise.

Amanda also states she saw no bruises at any time on AH.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Just to be clear that Sun headline is not new - it is from 2 June 2016. I think (but please shout if I am wrong) that the point here is that this photo was produced to claim abuse in both December and May at different time. Adam tweeted about details being important and circled the December date.

Remarkable that she managed to get exactly the same clothes etc.

Big news on Amanda de Cadenet. I hope some of the others see sense.

There is also news out about Amber and Elon texting one another - where AH is telling him Johnny has been violent. And apparently the texts are the same day that James Franco showed up.

But I haven't fully looked at this story yet - too much going on today!

Despite her claims to have only told her mother - she appears to have spun quite the tales to her friends.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm

EXCLUSIVE: MeToo activist Amanda de Cadenet drops support for close friend Amber Heard and will no longer testify after listening to her 'verbally abusing' Johnny Depp in bombshell tapes, as she feels 'used and misled' by actress

By BEN ASHFORD FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 17:28 EDT, 24 June 2020

Amanda de Cadenet dropped her support for Amber Heard after listening to her 'verbally abusing' Johnny Depp in audio tapes published by DailyMail.com
Heard was expecting de Cadenet, a close friend and longtime women's rights activist, to testify against Depp in a series of looming defamation cases
But British-born TV host de Cadenet changed her mind because she was 'appalled and shocked to hear how Amber was speaking to Johnny'
In an audio tape, Heard admitted ‘clocking' Depp in the jaw and pelting him with pots, pans and vases in recordings made prior to the couple's May 2016 split
Heard also appeared to be Depp, predicting that nobody would believe his accounts of the violence and telling him: 'You are such a baby. Grow the f**k up'
De Cadenet is the second prominent MeToo figure to part company with Heard in the space of a week after high-profile Time’s Up attorney Roberta Kaplan confirmed her firm is no longer representing her
Heard's claims of abuse will come under the microscope next month when Depp takes the UK's Sun newspaper to court in London for calling him a 'wife-beater'
The former couple will square up again next January in Virginia where Depp is suing his ex-wife for defamation for $50m

Prominent MeToo supporter Amanda de Cadenet has dropped her support for Amber Heard after listening to her 'verbally abusing' Johnny Depp in bombshell audio tapes published exclusively by DailyMail.com.

The 34-year-old actress was expecting de Cadenet, a close friend and longtime women's rights activist, to testify against Depp in a series of looming defamation cases.

But the British-born TV host, 48, reveals in a new legal declaration that she changed her mind because she was 'appalled and shocked to hear how Amber was speaking to Johnny'.

Her dramatic about-turn came after DailyMail.com released a series of bombshell audio tapes in which the couple were overheard discussing their marriage problems and frequent fights.

The Aquaman beauty admitted ‘clocking' her Oscar nominated husband in the jaw and pelting him with pots, pans and vases in various recordings made prior to the couple's May 2016 split.

She also appeared to be goading 57-year-old Depp, predicting that nobody would believe his accounts of the violence and telling him: 'You are such a baby. Grow the f**k up Johnny.'

De Cadenet is the second prominent MeToo figure to part company with Heard in the space of a week after high-profile Time’s Up attorney Roberta Kaplan confirmed her firm is no longer representing her.

A source close to de Cadenet said she was a survivor herself and remained a steadfast advocate of women’s rights.

‘Amanda feels she was used and misled by Amber and hopes Amber receives the help she needs,’ the source added.

‘Amanda believes in the power of redemption and reconciliation and hopes both parties are able to achieve that.'

Heard's historical claims of domestic abuse will come under the microscope in defamation cases either side of the Atlantic, beginning next month when Depp takes the UK's Sun newspaper to court in London for calling him a 'wife-beater'.

The former lovebirds will square up again next January in Virginia where Depp is suing his ex-wife for $50 million over an op-ed she wrote for the Washington Post about surviving domestic violence.

Heard turned to close pal de Cadenet for support after her marriage ended in a May 21, 2016 blowout fight, attending a party at her house the very next day where she was pictured smiling but with hair covering one side of her face.

The photographer and founder of non-binary digital jobs platform, Girlgaze, became a staunch ally, publicly indicating that she believed Heard's claims that she was abused and beaten by Depp.

'As a long time womxn’s rights activist and survivor, it is my fundamental position to believe womxn who speak up about domestic or sexual assault,' de Cadenet states in her June 18 declaration, using an alternative spelling for women favored by some feminists and trans activists.

'Historically womxn’s rights in this area have been chronically undermined and womxn have had their voices silenced.

'This is one of the reasons why, when Amber told me her version of the conflict between her and Johnny, it was my inclination to believe her and support her.'

However de Cadenet, who divorced Duran Duran bassist John Taylor in 1997 and is now married to Strokes guitarist Nick Valensi, goes to reveal her abrupt change of heart.

'I recently acknowledged that I will not testifying (sic) in Johnny Depp’s upcoming defamation case against the Sun. I also acknowledged that new facts have come to my attention which has changed my perspective on this matter,' she writes in her declaration, obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com.

'When the first audio tape was released, and I heard Amber being verbally abusive to Johnny, I was horrified,' she writes in the statement, obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com.

'I texted Robbie Kaplan, Amber’s attorney, and let her know I needed to speak with her urgently. When we spoke, I told her I was appalled and shocked to hear how Amber was speaking to Johnny and that it was not ok with me.

'When I confronted Amber concerning the recording, she informed me it was edited by Johnny’s team. I had hoped Amber would take accountability for her behavior but she did not.

'I have not spoken with Amber since this exchange and have come to the very painful realization that someone who I advocated for and believed so wholeheartedly, was not entirely forthcoming with me.'

LA-based de Cadenet adds: 'I want to emphasize that I have no further personal knowledge of what happened between Johnny and Amber, and no knowledge of the truth of her accusations against him.

'I have made this statement in support of due process and upholding the truth.'

Depp and Heard met on the set of The Rum Diary back in 2011 and married four years later before their May 2016 fight proved the final nail in their chaotic relationship.

The estranged couple managed to agree to a $7 million divorce settlement in August of that year, however their feud reignited when Heard's op-ed was published in December 2018.

It didn’t mention Depp by name but he nonetheless sued her the following March, saying it led to speculation that he was the abuser and caused him to lose the role of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Depp has always argued he was the victim of an 'elaborate hoax' instigated by his ex-wife, who ‘faked’ her injuries with makeup and falsified accounts of abuse.

'Ms. Heard is not a victim of domestic abuse; she is the perpetrator,' his suit alleges.

'She hit, punched and kicked me. She also repeatedly and frequently threw objects into my body and head, including heavy bottles, soda cans, burning candles, television remote controls and paint thinner cans, which severely injured me.'

Heard responded with a 300-page filing of her own, cataloging the years of alleged abuse she suffered at the hands of ‘the monster’ and recalling many of the allegations she made during their divorce.

These included a blood-curdling account of how Depp cut off his own finger after a booze and ecstasy bender one month into their marriage, an accusation he denies.

DailyMail.com revealed in January that the couple had a habit of recording their arguments so they could listen back to them later as a form of DIY marriage guidance.

Depp's supporters say they amount to a series of bombshell confessions, with Heard admitting she hit the Pirates of Caribbean actor and telling him on tape: 'See how many people believe you.'

Kaplan, co-founder of the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund and Heard’s attorney until two weeks ago, claimed the tapes had been 'doctored'.

She argued it was completely legitimate for victims of repeated physical and emotional abuse to defend themselves.

‘We believe Amber and we believe in Amber,’ Kaplan’s firm insisted last week, despite announcing it was no longer representing her.

‘In the strange and unexpected circumstances of today’s world, as travel and logistics have become more costly in light of the pandemic, we understand the decision to move the case to local, Virginia-based trial counsel.’

Heard’s rep declined to comment on the latest legal development.

Depp's attorney Adam Waldman said: 'When Amanda de Cadenet, Amber Heard’s best friend and #MeToo activist recants her support for Ms Heard and testifies against her, you know we have reached the beginning of the end of Ms. Heard’s abuse hoax against Johnny Depp.

‘But Ms Heard did not execute her hoax without help from her other powerful friends and the media; we will expose their various roles at the trial Mr Depp and I have arrived in the UK to prepare for.’

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 pm

HAPPY DANCE!!! :loveshower: :applause: :applause2: :bounce: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:34 pm

:giddy: :agree2: :snoopydances: :highfive: :dancingpirate:

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:39 pm

*breathes sigh of relief* :applause2:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 pm
Just to be clear that Sun headline is not new - it is from 2 June 2016. I think (but please shout if I am wrong) that the point here is that this photo was produced to claim abuse in both December and May at different time. Adam tweeted about details being important and circled the December date....
Thanks for the timing clarification, AdeleAgain!
"Stay low." ~ JD