The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
MaryS
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by MaryS » Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 am

It wasn't mutual abuse so don't worry.
Johnny will be fine.

I disagree with you. They both would look bad if it was.

MaryS
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by MaryS » Tue May 12, 2020 11:37 am

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:43 am
There is reporter from NYT trying to contact some people on twitter who are posting about her being fired, wanting to know where they got the info from. This person is also contacting their spouses by phone and text. Meanwhile, another poster who has connections in the biz said they heard from multiple sources that she is fired. Somebody is really desperate to find out how it was leaked.
Now Adam is tagging her asking what she wants and to leave everyone else alone.

Hahaha.

Well, I am off to bed, let's hope that when I wake up, Adam might have gotten an answer. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

User avatar
ShauniS
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:58 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ShauniS » Tue May 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Adam calling her out on Twitter is the best thing I've seen in awhile. At first I was SHOCKED that anyone would be so blatant as to get private phone numbers and start calling people. I mean, who DOES THAT? She was relentless when trying to Follow people and contact them, but now that Adam has called her out publicly, she's gone into hiding. She has no idea the hornets nest she's stirred up trying to get info from any of us that she could twist and use against Johnny.

Where's the popcorn?
"I am attracted to the extreme light and the extreme dark. I'm interested in the human condition and what makes people tick. I'm interested in the things people try to hide." --JD :flashingheart:

gipsyblues
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by gipsyblues » Tue May 12, 2020 12:57 pm

MaryS wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 am
myfave wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:24 am
I believe that if it ends up that they abused one another in their toxic relationship that will still come out worse for Johnny because he's the male... I hope it doesn't come to that in court. I don't think that would be a win for him.
It wasn't mutual abuse so don't worry.
Johnny will be fine.

I disagree with you. They both would look bad if it was.
:agreesign: MaryS !!! :ok:

User avatar
Judymac
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm

myfave wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:24 am
I believe that if it ends up that they abused one another in their toxic relationship that will still come out worse for Johnny because he's the male... I hope it doesn't come to that in court. I don't think that would be a win for him.
There is no real evidence that Johnny abused her but there is plenty of evidence that she abused him.

AdeleAgain
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue May 12, 2020 5:57 pm

The other thing about the mutual abuse 'defence' is this: if that's what she is now claiming - she lied. If it was mutual abuse that is not how she portrayed it ever. She never said - the would hit each other or that she started fights. Only in her deposition when forced to admit violence did she grudgingly do so and always in round about ways. And then muddled herself up - saying she only hit him once in defence of her baby sister, even though in the same deposition she was caught on tape admitting she'd punched him and kicked a door into him.

No - her narrative was that she was terrified of the monster, scared he would return to the apartment to terrorise her, that she was beaten every time she challenged his authority.

That is so clearly not the case.

I've said before - if she were ever on the stand again, question one must be: "Ms Heard. Have you ever committed perjury?" It is down hill from there.

User avatar
ForeverYoung
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Tue May 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Judymac wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm
myfave wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:24 am
I believe that if it ends up that they abused one another in their toxic relationship that will still come out worse for Johnny because he's the male... I hope it doesn't come to that in court. I don't think that would be a win for him.
There is no real evidence that Johnny abused her but there is plenty of evidence that she abused him.
There is no evidence. Period. None of her pictures have a date and time stamp, she has no witnesses who saw anything happen, no medical records, no police reports and while he apologized on tape, he never admitted to anything excepting maybe over reacting the night before. She doesn't even have anyone to testify they saw injuries on her the Monday after she left Australia or any other time she claims abuse except Raquel but the police already shot down that lie.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

User avatar
Larkwoodgirl
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:06 pm
Location: Texas across the pond
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Larkwoodgirl » Tue May 12, 2020 7:39 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:24 pm

There is no evidence. Period. ...
This is absolutely correct. There is evidence to support everything Johnny has claimed. No amount of made up bs on social media will negate any of that.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

MaryS
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by MaryS » Tue May 12, 2020 7:59 pm

I am up. Anything happen. No I didn't think so.

I am having problems downloading the Fairfax documents on my phone.
Is there any other way to download these documents.

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue May 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Sorry. Posting on the run...

Johnny Depp Accuses UK Tabloids Of Hacking Into His PhoneGettyimages | Pascal Le Segretain
May 12, 2020 at 23:13 pm UTC / Last Updated at May 12, 2020 at 23:14 pm UTC
By Mike Walters
https://theblast.com/c/Johnny-depp-phon ... l-messages


Johnny Depp believes he was the target of one of the largest media companies in the UK, which resulted in his phone being hacked and his privacy invaded for almost a decade.

According to sources close to the situation, the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star has initiated a legal case against News Group Newspapers in the form of a letter of claim. News Group Newspapers is a British subsidiary of the American-owned News Corp. and operates the tabloid, The Sun, as well as the now-defunct News of the World.

Depp is accusing the tabloids of "multiple breaches" of his privacy and "misuse of private information, including the illegal interception of his voicemail messages and other unlawful data gathering

In the letter, Depp explains that his team has conducted an extensive investigation into the matter and believes the actor’s phone was hacked between the years 1996 – 2010. The investigation resulted in evidence that “clearly points towards repeated and prolonged illegal intrusion" into his private life.

Of the many “wrongful disclosures” of his private life, Depp claims the tabloids stole information about his then-young children and medical information.

During the time period, Depp claims The Sun revealed both of his girlfriend's pregnancies to the public, first in 1998 and then again in 2002. He accuses the newspaper of using a cover of his "pals" for explaining how they were able to gather the sensitive information.

These details were obviously intrusive and sensitive and included the stages of the pregnancies, our client’s movements and plans (showing clear surveillance of him)," the legal letter states.

Depp explains the tabloid disclosed details of his then 7-year-old daughter's serious illness, which landed her in the hospital. The actor says the incidents surrounding those specific articles “left him feeling the most angered and violated.”

In the years since, Depp has opened up about daughter Lily-Rose Depp’s 2007 hospitalization for kidney failure and how it was one of the darkest moments of his life. Both Depp and then-girlfriend Vanessa Paradis stayed by their daughter’s bedside during the 9-day hospitalization, in which Lily-Rose was treated and made a successful recovery.

Looking back at the way the news was covered in 2007, Depp’s team explains that reporters:

“were aware that our client’s daughter was in a ‘serious condition,’ the name of the hospital where she was being treated, and the nature of her illness. They also knew of measures taken by our client to protect his and his family’s privacy, including entering the hospital through the staff entrance and traveling discretely.”

Depp says the discovery that his phone was allegedly hacked, and particularly that his children were subject to these activities, has “deeply impacted him.” The actor claims looking back through the articles with the new knowledge of how the information was obtained, is forcing him to relive the “anger, violation and helplessness” he felt at the time.

The fight between Depp and News Group Newspapers is bitter, as the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star has brought legal action against the UK tabloid before with a libel claim for previously labeling him a “wife-beater.” That case is headed to trial and ongoing.

Johnny Depp believes he was the target of one of the largest media companies in the UK, which resulted in his phone being hacked and his privacy invaded for almost a decade.

According to sources close to the situation, the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star has initiated a legal case against News Group Newspapers in the form of a letter of claim. News Group Newspapers is a British subsidiary of the American-owned News Corp. and operates the tabloid, The Sun, as well as the now-defunct News of the World.

Depp is accusing the tabloids of "multiple breaches" of his privacy and "misuse of private information, including the illegal interception of his voicemail messages and other unlawful data gathering.

Depp Says This Case Isn't About Money, It's About Principle

Depp is adamant that he initiated this new case, not for “financial reward” but out of “principle.” Depp said he wants to "to protect his family, to seek justice for a wholly unjustifiable wrong which (the company) has yet to fully admit, and to uncover the truth about what went on.”

As for what he wants, Depp is asking the company to admit its tactics in gathering information for articles appearing in The Sun, specifically in relation to the pregnancies of his two children, and the articles regarding his daughter's illness.

In the letter, Depp is asking for the company to admit its “wrongdoing” and is also asking the court to order a halt on any future practices of intercepting his information.

In response to his legal action, Depp’s attorney, Adam Waldman, tells The Blast:

“Yesterday we sent notice to the Sun of our intention to file suit against them for illegally hacking Johnny Depp. Our Barrister David Sherborne has represented Princess Diana, and also Elton John, Jude Law, Hugh Grant, and Prince Harry in hacking claims against the Sun. The Sun has paid out tens of millions of pounds to settle dozens of illegal hacking claims for one reason – because they did it. This case is a matter of principle for Mr. Depp, not one of money.”

Attempts to reach NGN for comment have been unsuccessful.
Note: Timing is interesting as their is a case conference tomorrow for “applications”. UK 10:30am via Skype business

MaryS
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by MaryS » Tue May 12, 2020 10:20 pm

Since I can't bring up the Fairfax documents.
Can someone outline what happened on Heard's birthday in 2016.

Heard says that he shoved her violently on the ground.
What does Johnny say?

And Just Jared picked up the lawsuit.
I haven't read the comments so it will be interesting.

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue May 12, 2020 10:39 pm

MaryS wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:20 pm
Since I can't bring up the Fairfax documents.
Can someone outline what happened on Heard's birthday in 2016.

Heard says that he shoved her violently on the ground.
What does Johnny say?

And Just Jared picked up the lawsuit.
I haven't read the comments so it will be interesting.
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/h ... file-cases

There is a scroll bar that you have to click/press. Then a drop down meany will let you choose Depp vs Heard
Last edited by Joni on Wed May 13, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use proper capitalization

MaryS
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by MaryS » Tue May 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Thanks Lbock, I know.

As, I have been on this case for a long time.

I bought a new phone and it hasn't got the app for downloading certain documents.

All I want to know the part where she says she supposedly was violently shoved.
If I recall, Johnny doesn't mention anything like her version at all.


------
Please call our members by their usernames and not their real names, please.

Thank you, Theresa

User avatar
ShauniS
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:58 am
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by ShauniS » Tue May 12, 2020 11:06 pm

Lbock wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:15 pm
Sorry. Posting on the run...

Johnny Depp Accuses UK Tabloids Of Hacking Into His PhoneGettyimages | Pascal Le Segretain
May 12, 2020 at 23:13 pm UTC / Last Updated at May 12, 2020 at 23:14 pm UTC
By Mike Walters
https://theblast.com/c/Johnny-depp-phon ... l-messages
Johnny Depp believes he was the target of one of the largest media companies in the UK, which resulted in his phone being hacked and his privacy invaded for almost a decade.

In the letter, Depp explains that his team has conducted an extensive investigation into the matter and believes the actor’s phone was hacked between the years 1996 – 2010. The investigation resulted in evidence that “clearly points towards repeated and prolonged illegal intrusion" into his private life.

Of the many “wrongful disclosures” of his private life, Depp claims the tabloids stole information about his then-young children and medical information.

During the time period, Depp claims The Sun revealed both of his girlfriend's pregnancies to the public, first in 1998 and then again in 2002. He accuses the newspaper of using a cover of his "pals" for explaining how they were able to gather the sensitive information.

These details were obviously intrusive and sensitive and included the stages of the pregnancies, our client’s movements and plans (showing clear surveillance of him)," the legal letter states.

Depp explains the tabloid disclosed details of his then 7-year-old daughter's serious illness, which landed her in the hospital. The actor says the incidents surrounding those specific articles “left him feeling the most angered and violated.”

In the years since, Depp has opened up about daughter Lily-Rose Depp’s 2007 hospitalization for kidney failure and how it was one of the darkest moments of his life. Both Depp and then-girlfriend Vanessa Paradis stayed by their daughter’s bedside during the 9-day hospitalization, in which Lily-Rose was treated and made a successful recovery.



Depp is accusing the tabloids of "multiple breaches" of his privacy and "misuse of private information, including the illegal interception of his voicemail messages and other unlawful data gathering.

Depp Says This Case Isn't About Money, It's About Principle

Depp is adamant that he initiated this new case, not for “financial reward” but out of “principle.” Depp said he wants to "to protect his family, to seek justice for a wholly unjustifiable wrong which (the company) has yet to fully admit, and to uncover the truth about what went on.”

As for what he wants, Depp is asking the company to admit its tactics in gathering information for articles appearing in The Sun, specifically in relation to the pregnancies of his two children, and the articles regarding his daughter's illness.

In the letter, Depp is asking for the company to admit its “wrongdoing” and is also asking the court to order a halt on any future practices of intercepting his information.

In response to his legal action, Depp’s attorney, Adam Waldman, tells The Blast:

“Yesterday we sent notice to the Sun of our intention to file suit against them for illegally hacking Johnny Depp. Our Barrister David Sherborne has represented Princess Diana, and also Elton John, Jude Law, Hugh Grant, and Prince Harry in hacking claims against the Sun. The Sun has paid out tens of millions of pounds to settle dozens of illegal hacking claims for one reason – because they did it. This case is a matter of principle for Mr. Depp, not one of money.”

Attempts to reach NGN for comment have been unsuccessful.
Note: Timing is interesting as their is a case conference tomorrow for “applications”. UK 10:30am via Skype business
Can I say....I am FURIOUS!!! This is unacceptable and there has to be some sort of punishment for such a blatant invasion of privacy. Hacking into his PHONE?! And then releasing private medical information on his CHILDREN.....and even information when Vanessa was pregnant with the babies?! Are you kidding me? I am beyond frustrated that this was even allowed to go on for so long. No excuse......and they need to be held accountable!
"I am attracted to the extreme light and the extreme dark. I'm interested in the human condition and what makes people tick. I'm interested in the things people try to hide." --JD :flashingheart:

User avatar
Lbock
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Tue May 12, 2020 11:11 pm

In the beginning he was with Kate Moss. Then Vanessa. It’s horrible. And the medical about his children.

But...no mention ever of abuse. Let’s see what tomorrow reads