The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 pm

From what I can gather from the Doctor Names in the UK filing, and from what I remember reading in VA docs,
Dr. Kipper treated him for addiction, but was also a regular internist doctor, his regular doctor for a while.
Dr. Blaunstein is a dentist (I think) who prescribed pain killers.
Dr. Kulber is the hand/resconstrucive/plastic surgeon, so he would have prescribed pain killers.

I didn't see any discussion of the Australian Medical Records. So either they didn't arrive, or they did and there is no dispute over them.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 pm
From what I can gather from the Doctor Names in the UK filing, and from what i remember reading in VA docs,
Dr. Kipper treated him for addiction, but was also a regular internist doctor, his regular doctor for a while.
Dr. Blaunstein is a dentist (I think) who prescribed pain killers.
Dr. Kulber is the hand/resconstrucive/plastic surgeon, so he would have prescribed pain killers.

I didn't see any discussion of the Australian Medical Records. So either they didn't arrive, or they did and there is no dispute over them.
It's really disgusting that they are bringing his use of painkillers into this. Even if he was addicted to painkillers, that does not make him an abuser or a bad person. They are saying this to try to make him look like a bad person. I can not even imagine the pain of having the tip of your finger cut off. Also, living with a witch like Amber Heard would make anyone want to take painkillers.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:16 pm

There are alot of individuals of all walks of life who for one reason or another, are legitimately given pain killers. JD has been very honest about his issues. He does not have markings o his forehead, holes in his hands and feet, has a belly button, nor does he (or attempt to) walk on water. though, AH is trying to make it look like it. We should do has JD has quietly asked of all of those in his corner: "Let's all hang in there, shall we."

Adam's got this. JD has a wonderful legal team. He is in the right and innocent. Patience, faith and positive attitude will prevail.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Dr. Kipper was treating Amber also. I also recall Waldman saying that Johnny was going into seizures because she was not giving him his medication.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Scout

Unread post by Scout » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:11 pm

I have another question and if we are way past it I understand. Feel free to ignore. What happened that a JD Gilmore lawyer did something to irritate the VA Judge and opened up the discovery floodgate. I missed that. Thank you for any response.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:42 pm

The judge in London might be "allowing" her to testify in this case but I still think she would be violating the NDA. He doesn't make any mention of the NDA or any kind of order allowing her to break it because I don't know if he can. But what the heck...let her testify and hang herself with lies once again. As for the recordings, so far they are damaging for her and how can anyone really know how many he has that she was not aware of? He could have recorded a lot of calls without her consent when she was taking hissy fits.

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:20 am

The painkillers addiction problem was prior to the finger injury. He did the island detox August-December 2014. The finger injury was March 2015. The prior addiction might make prescribing doctors reluctant to prescribe more opioids in 2015.

If Amber withheld Johnny's medication, then it crossed my mind that she might keep it for herself. I know that idea is uninformed speculation.

I don't think we can say how long between the finger injury and Johnny's flight. Although Johnny might have wanted to return to the USA soon after the finger injury, doctors might have advised waiting before risking a 15 hour flight. It is not as if he were being evacuated from a disaster zone. There was treatment in Australia.

There seems to be some mystery about the audio recordings, who has them and who gave one to the Daily Mail. It was said that the were being recorded as part of marriage counseling. If so, were the recordings given to any counselor or doctor? The public might never know.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:49 am

Judymac wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm
It is not my intention to offend anyone or be confrontational or disrespectful. I am trying to present facts in an unemotional way. I apologize if anyone thought I was being confrontational or disrespectful. I also apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. We are here because of our fondness for Johnny Depp. We are all on the same side.

I have only been speaking about the Civil Case in the United States. I am at fault for not making it clearer that I was only talking about the U.S. case. I don't know anything about the laws in the U.K or Australia.

What I am doing is attempting to clear up misunderstandings about the difference's between Criminal and Civil law in the U.S. The law is complicated even for people who grew up in the U.S. Many of the things people have posted here apply to Criminal law only and they are being applied this Civil case. Again, I would not expect everyone to understand all the complicated laws. That is my exact reason for trying to clear up the misunderstands about the differences in the U.S. Criminal and Civil law. I am not trying to offend anyone.

These cases are woven together. Whatever happens in the Sun case will have a huge impact on the U.S. case.
Thank you for your input and information. It is very much appreciated. I look forward to more postings from you. :dillingerhello:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:17 am

RumLover wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:20 am
The painkillers addiction problem was prior to the finger injury. He did the island detox August-December 2014. The finger injury was March 2015. The prior addiction might make prescribing doctors reluctant to prescribe more opioids in 2015.

If Amber withheld Johnny's medication, then it crossed my mind that she might keep it for herself. I know that idea is uninformed speculation.

I don't think we can say how long between the finger injury and Johnny's flight. Although Johnny might have wanted to return to the USA soon after the finger injury, doctors might have advised waiting before risking a 15 hour flight. It is not as if he were being evacuated from a disaster zone. There was treatment in Australia.

There seems to be some mystery about the audio recordings, who has them and who gave one to the Daily Mail. It was said that the were being recorded as part of marriage counseling. If so, were the recordings given to any counselor or doctor? The public might never know.
Yes, the pain killers could have been a result of other injuries but the incident in Australia did not help the situation, imo.

A part of me wants to believe she was withholding the meds for her own "agenda" but since they were not alone she had to eventually give him what he needed and make it look like she was being a savoir or something. She seemed to the holder of his meds...giving them to him when she wanted to as a means of control.

The Judge's papers say in paragraph 33 that the defendants refer to an incident that happened on March 8, 2013. (could this be a typo somewhere? - maybe I am missing something about this event.)

As for the recordings...somehow they made their way to Johnny's attorneys because it was declared that Johnny was never in possession of them and I guess it will come out one way or another.

I am a little surprised that the judge was referring to information coming from a tabloid. Didn't see that one coming.

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:40 am

The March 8 2013 incident was (according to Amber's April 2019 Motion to Dismiss p26) at their home in Los Angeles when Amber hung a painting by someone she had previously dated and Johnny tried to set fire to the painting. Like some other events, Whitney supposedly intervened.
This is the event that supposes lead to the text messages about "a book titled Disco Bloodbath".
I have so many questions about this story. Who was the artist and surely Amber knew doing such a thing would annoy current partner? Are there smoke detectors in the apartments?

Two years later in 2015, Amber throws the bottle at Johnny in Australia. There is a photo in the hospital and I assume that photo has meta-data to show when it was taken.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:59 am

Apologies if this has already been discussed - but the painkillers. Surely he was on those from filming Lone Ranger when he had the accident?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:27 pm

AdeleAgain wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:59 am
Apologies if this has already been discussed - but the painkillers. Surely he was on those from filming Lone Ranger when he had the accident?
He was also injured on POTC. Terrible back pain and sciatica
https://metro.co.uk/2011/05/09/Johnny-d ... ides-4371/

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:35 pm

I don't know if this article was posted but it is a story from a crew worker on the yacht in Spain in 2016 when he was there. It seems Johnny took a liking to her and invited her to come into his conversation while she was hanging around and the other crew worker (Francesca) was getting ready to give him a back massage.

"I'm on cotton legs and with a look like Sponge Bob’s face, I came up and became a free listener at first ... Johnny talked about his back problem:
- on one of the shoots, I had to hang 2.5 hours tied with ropes to a wooden beam, yes also in a wet suit, since then it hurts me here and pulls here ...
Francesca rubs her hands ...
And I say:
- Oh Gods! And it seems to everyone that it's so simple to be an actor. Everyone thinks that his work is the hardest ...
And then Johnny makes round eyes and with the expression on the face of a pure baby says:
- Oh, guys, your work is really hard, you are on your feet all day, and your guests, I bet you are often not the most pleasant ... when I had a yacht, my crew did not change for 12 years, my children grew up their companies, we were like one family ... I loved to go to sea, where I felt free, sitting on my nose and watching the sunsets ... then I sold it, and now Joan Rowling is selling it and I'm thinking about buying it again. .. But nevertheless, your work is very hard, tell me what can I do so that you can rest more?"

The article is in Russian but I was able to translate it when I read it.

Edit: I removed the link because there is private stuff in the story. My guess is that this woman had permission to release it but I really don't know so PM me if you would like the link.

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:55 am

RumLover wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:15 am
I think the pills mentioned in May 2014 text were painkillers and Johnny was messed up but functioning professionally.
In Heard's request for medical records, there is mention of "a dentist prescribed opioids following a dental procedure in 2013 or 2014".
In April 2014, Depp was doing promotion for Transcendence (often with Paul Bettany).
May-July 2014, Depp was filming Black Mass.
May 2014, Heard was filming The Adderal Diaries with James Franco.
August-December 2014, Depp went to his island for what has since be revealed to be a trip to to cure his dependence on painkillers.
Just noticed something else. Heard's evidence list included "Photograph of Petitioner holding pills in hand August 19, 2014"
The photograph was taken when Johnny was doing his detox on the island. Is Amber boasting about taking his pills?

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:15 pm

I thought she was posting those pills because she wanted people to think she was taking pain meds because of alleged abuse but actually it could be anything in that bottle.