The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Lbock » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:12 pm

I found this when I was researching the demurrer

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:14 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:01 pm
Another thing I just remembered...Amber never produced any medical records from any of the injuries she said she suffered that weekend in Australia to prove she had any kind of medical issue but guess who did get treated? Stephen Deuter's wife, Gina. Right after the pics came out of Johnny boarding the plane back to the U.S. Gina posted a pic on her IG of a medical facility wristband and thanked the Australian medical team. I can only assume that maybe she got hit with a piece of the bottle when it hit the counter and shattered which severed Johnny's finger, or the first bottle Amber threw that missed his head. Another mystery we may never know....or will we.... :waiting:
I remember the pic that Gina posted on her Instagram from the hospital. If Gina was injured during Amber Heard's violence, Gina would be a witness. I can't remember if Gina ever gave a declaration about that incident. I would think she would be an important person to account for the severity of Johnny's (and her) injury.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Lbock wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:12 pm
I found this when I was researching the demurrer

She is filing the motions to dismiss in lieu of an answer but this can't go on forever.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:08 pm

The house that Johnny was staying at in Australia is owned by Mick Doohan (who should be recognised by fans of motorcycle racing or Australians over 40). Doohan has also leased the house to Angelina Jolie and others. I expect his tenants value privacy and so he might not have any cameras close to the house but maybe on the boundaries.
Johnny returned to the house after his injury recovery so whatever happened was not something that Doohan said not to return. (Although the return was with Amber, Pistol and Boo which resulted in camera crews at the gate and helicopters overhead.) I expect that Doohan knows what, if anything, was broken in the house and if any repairs were required but has chosen to say nothing.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:28 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:14 pm
ForeverYoung wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:01 pm
Another thing I just remembered...Amber never produced any medical records from any of the injuries she said she suffered that weekend in Australia to prove she had any kind of medical issue but guess who did get treated? Stephen Deuter's wife, Gina. Right after the pics came out of Johnny boarding the plane back to the U.S. Gina posted a pic on her IG of a medical facility wristband and thanked the Australian medical team. I can only assume that maybe she got hit with a piece of the bottle when it hit the counter and shattered which severed Johnny's finger, or the first bottle Amber threw that missed his head. Another mystery we may never know....or will we.... :waiting:
I remember the pic that Gina posted on her Instagram from the hospital. If Gina was injured during Amber Heard's violence, Gina would be a witness. I can't remember if Gina ever gave a declaration about that incident. I would think she would be an important person to account for the severity of Johnny's (and her) injury.
I have not seen any declarations from Gina but one thing is for sure, she was in Australia at the time of the incident.

RumLover

Unread post by RumLover » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:18 am

If Gina had a glass cut, it doesn't mean she was there at the time the bottle smashed. Another possibility is that the glass pieces were spread over a wide area and Gina was cut hours/days later by a stray piece.
So far, no one is talking publicly.
There doesn't even seem to be consistency about when the incident happened. Amber's version referred to 3 to 5 March 2015 (Tues to Thurs). I can't find a date in Johnny's filings but ET claimed in July 2019 that they had seen filings in UK court documents where Depp said it was 8 March 2015 (Sun).

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:35 am

As for the date of the cut off fingertip; that must be in Johnny's medical records, right? Can Ms Heard get in trouble with the court, if she has given the wrong date?

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:14 am

meeps wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:35 am
As for the date of the cut off fingertip; that must be in Johnny's medical records, right? Can Ms Heard get in trouble with the court, if she has given the wrong date?

Daily Mail posted the pics of Johnny boarding the plane with his hand bandaged on March 11 so it must have happened a day or two right before this. I can't see anyone with a severed finger waiting a week to fly back to the US for surgery.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... bbean.html

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:25 am

Johnny Depp is given four days to hand over all audio recordings he has of ex-wife Amber Heard and his medical records ahead of High Court libel trial

Article by Mark Duell
dailymail.co.uk

6th March 2020

Johnny Depp was today ordered to hand over all audio recordings he has of his former wife Amber Heard and give further information about his medical records ahead of his High Court libel trial.

The 56-year-old Pirates of the Caribbean star allegedly beat Heard, 33, in drug-fuelled rampages as their marriage soured.

Depp denies he was addicted to illicit substances, but admits he was hooked on painkillers, and has launched counter claims saying he was attacked by Heard.

The judge, Mr Justice Nicol ordered Depp to provide details of how he has made his medical history available.

The embattled actor has also been told he must give up audio tapes of Heard which he has after allegedly recording the two of them discussing their problems.

Depp was not present at the brief judgement hearing held at the Royal Court of Justice in London this morning as the judge ruled Heard could give evidence.

Mr Justice Nicol said: 'By not later than 4pm on March 10, 2020 the claimant [Depp] is to serve a witness statement setting out the steps that have been undertaken by the claimant and those acting on his behalf to obtain medical records and other documentation relevant to the issues in these proceedings from each of the medical professionals from whom the claimant has received medical treatment.

'In respect of all recordings, whether made digitally or by any other means, which include the voice of Amber Heard, whether or not they also include the voice of the claimant, the claimant by 4pm on March 10, 2020 will provide a witness statement verified with a statement of truth from him personally listing all of the recordings within his control.

'The claimant must by 4pm on March 10, 2020 provide the defendants with a copy of the recordings.'

Depp will not have to disclose text messages allegedly sent from his phone about Heard.

The court heard he sent messages to a friend reading: 'Let's burn Amber!' and 'Let's drown her before we burn her!!! I'll f*** her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she's dead'.

These will not be part of the trial expected to start later this month after the judge ruled though the text had been mentioned at earlier stages of the case they had not been produced on request.

Further legal documents concerning the divorce of Depp from Heard in January 2017 must also be provided by the actor.

Depp is suing The Sun and Dan Wootton, a columnist for the newspaper, over articles which he claims are libellous and damaged his reputation in the industry.

He claims articles from April 27 and 28 published by The Sun state he was guilty of serious domestic violence against his former wife leaving her fearing for her life.

Depp also argues the articles caused him to be made the subject of a court restraining order damaging his ability to work in the film industry.

Additionally, he claims his was forced to pay £5million to compensate her. The trial is expected to last ten days and will start on March 23.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:03 am

he claims his was forced to pay £5million to compensate her.
Of course he doesn't, because he wasn't! Johnny is not stupid, savvy?

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:12 am

Lots to read. Judge ruling from today in UK
Thanks to IFOD
Link
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/upl ... -FINAL.pdf

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:32 pm

Lbock wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:12 am
Lots to read. Judge ruling from today in UK
Thanks to IFOD
Link
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/upl ... -FINAL.pdf
Ok, so in the end "Conclusion" the judge:

1. "Defendants' application for specific disclosure succeeds in relation to some of the categories they seek, but not always in the terms that they seek."
He is granting in part and denying in part - asked that the parties agree on an order to make submissions to same.

2. Defendant's application for an order that the claimant provide a list of documents disclosed after the initial disclosure on 9/13/19 - DENIED

3. Defendants seek an order that the claimant bear the costs of repeated failures to make proper disclosure.
DENIED, but can be revisited at a later time.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Also. The judge said even if not in his possession he should be able to get all documents related to divorce and her exhibit. But these were not yet proven or even shown to be admissible. Not even proven true or credible at that point

And Johnny has to disclose more on his medical and USA privacy and limitations. They aren’t asking him to sign a HIPPA waiver that I read

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:57 pm

We all know that she said upon her return from London she found him at home in LA under heavy medications due to the finger incident. Let's not forget that SHE caused that injury. I had surgery and I can say that pain killers are very easy to get addicted to.

Judymac

Unread post by Judymac » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm

It is not my intention to offend anyone or be confrontational or disrespectful. I am trying to present facts in an unemotional way. I apologize if anyone thought I was being confrontational or disrespectful. I also apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. We are here because of our fondness for Johnny Depp. We are all on the same side.

I have only been speaking about the Civil Case in the United States. I am at fault for not making it clearer that I was only talking about the U.S. case. I don't know anything about the laws in the U.K or Australia.

What I am doing is attempting to clear up misunderstandings about the difference's between Criminal and Civil law in the U.S. The law is complicated even for people who grew up in the U.S. Many of the things people have posted here apply to Criminal law only and they are being applied this Civil case. Again, I would not expect everyone to understand all the complicated laws. That is my exact reason for trying to clear up the misunderstands about the differences in the U.S. Criminal and Civil law. I am not trying to offend anyone.

These cases are woven together. Whatever happens in the Sun case will have a huge impact on the U.S. case.