The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
meeps

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by meeps » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:52 pm

I have always felt that the large amount of money Johnny is demanding was mostly for shock value. To make the tabloids and the public take notice. People respect money more than the truth, it sometimes seems to me ...
As already said, he very much wants Ms Heard to admit she lied. Admit it loud, clear and very publicly. I am not sure she can do that - she’s is too screwy for that in my eyes. But one can always hope.
That’s my theory, at least :flirt:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Granna wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:49 pm
In the latest "news" coverage, it states: The defamation lawsuit has been postponed by 6 months, due to the failure of Johnny Depp turning over his records. Why is it not stated that she has not signed her medical release form and turned in her documents as well?
If you read the actual report from the judge, he states that due to both sides' failure to produce documents...but you sure wouldn't know that by reading the very biased gossip sites. They oh-so-conveniently leave out the BOTH sides part.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:47 pm

Theresa wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:50 pm
If you read the actual report from the judge, he states that due to both sides' failure to produce documents...but you sure wouldn't know that by reading the very biased gossip sites. They oh-so-conveniently leave out the BOTH sides part.
That's why we have to get out here and set them straight! :toastingpirates:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Sweeney Todd

Unread post by Sweeney Todd » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:43 am

They take her mere claims as truth, while completely ignoring what his side said. Typical.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:46 pm

A Thread

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:47 pm
Theresa wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:50 pm
That's why we have to get out here and set them straight! :toastingpirates:
I wholeheartedly agree - the question in my mind has always been, though, how do we do so in an intelligent, effective way? Posting responses to tabloid click-bait articles - and the high esteem Deadline holds for itself puts it is at the top of that illustrious list - seems a waste of time and energy. Short of somehow taking out full page ads in some major news entities (I remember way, way back when a Zoner did exactly that! - cost her a fortune and I don’t even remember the reason, but it sure got attention), I don’t know what else we should do.

Waldman is the only one from Johnny’s team whose unedited comments have been included in the body of various articles. He’s been silent for a relatively lengthy time. And in that time, Kaplan, AH and hangers-on literally have been rewriting history from individual events to Johnny’s bio. From blatant falsehoods to subtle, sly omissions and/or twists of facts, they are taking full advantage of a seemingly unobstructed playing field. Lies told over and over somehow gain a mantle of “truth” that can never be unraveled if left to fester unaddressed. Eight months is a long time from now.
Last edited by justintime on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread post by Joni » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:35 pm

justintime wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm
Short of somehow taking out full page ads in some major news entities (I remember way, way back when a Zoner did exactly that! - cost her a fortune and I don’t even remember the reason, but it sure got attention), I don’t know what else we should do.
It was Kittycat, she took out an ad pushing for the release of The Libertine. :libertine:

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:06 pm

YES, Joni! Thank you for the memory boost - what a wonderful film to fight for! I feel so utterly helpless these days and the stakes are so much higher.

Thanks again!
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:36 pm

There is a remote possibility. If there is someone that is well-versed in the antics that are happening with the media coverage concerning this case, Might I suggest that someone would write a piece based on facts , (be able to back it up with something that is in writing, ) not opinion, and at the same time post it to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter., simultaneously. (Not all media sites are covering the same information. ) Call out all the media outlets, by name such as Blast.com, DCEU, Deadline, etc. Ask the question - why is all of the coverage one-sided? Is it because she is female with breast and a vagina? No one wishes to believe that a female is capable of such evil? Were they paid by team Heard for the positive coverage? Bring to everyone's attention that Heard is trying to ban the testimony given by to domestic violence trained police officers that were called to the residence on May 21st 2016 by her? That she has not signed a medical release form, nor has she fulfilled her obligations in turning over her discovery. Things that the media outlets have neglected to inform people of. Why is she been forgiven for skipping out on her depositions several times? Is she above the law? ( If any of us did that we would be held in contempt of court ) Is the media outlets allowing Kaplan to use them, to convince the we, the general public, are stupid and ignorant? Put these so-called reporters in the hot seat. Maybe something will happen from it. If anything it's certainly will draw several readers to possibly sign the petition. This is one option we have to show our support for JD.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 pm

This is disturbing:

Amber Heard's Father Accused Of Threatening To Shoot Johnny Depp

Nov 30, 2019 at 22:42 pm UTC / Last Updated at Nov 30, 2019 at 23:52 pm UTC
The Blast
By Mike Walters

Amber Heard's father has been accused of threatening to shoot Johnny Depp during the ex-couples nasty divorce and legal battle.

According to legal documents obtained by The Blast, David Killackey claims he did work on both Amber and Johnny's classic cars. Specifically, he made several modifications to Amber Heard's classic Mustang. After the couple's split, Killackey claims Amber became abusive towards him and her father made "death threats" towards Johnny Depp in a phone call to him.

Killackey, who owns Performance Allison Transmissions, has been featured on episodes of 'Jay Leno's Garage' and 'Overhaulin.'

The Alleged Threats

After Heard and Depp split, Killackey claims he told Amber that all automotive work being done would need to be paid directly instead of going through Depp's management.

A declaration by David Killackey was filed in the defamation case filed in Virginia by Johnny Depp against Amber Heard. In his documents, Killackey says, "the reply I received what can only be described as an extremely hostile response from Amber. I did my best to convey to her that I did not wish to get in the middle of the dispute between her and Mr. Depp. She did not receive this information very well. Her first reaction was to verbally abuse me with expletives, threats and a continued rant over what she claimed was an unfortunate financial downturn of her personal finances caused by Mr. Depp. At one point she said 'you motherf---er,' you're screwing me!"

"He's Blackballing My Baby Girl's Career"

He says Amber stated there was a legal agreement between herself and Mr. Depp drawn by their attorneys and signed by both parties. "She said in this agreement Mr. Depp was responsible for paying her bills and that if I expected payment then I should forward bills to Mr. Depp," he said in the legal filing.

After she refused to produce the agreement, Killackey claims "the verbal abuse continued including the words f---er, a---ole, motherf---er, etc."

"The final phone conversation I had with her was very unpleasant for me. I had had enough of the verbal abuse and threats and decided to no longer respond to the attempted text and phone calls from Ms. Heard," Killackey says.

In the legal filing, Killackey claims he then had a conversation with Amber Heard's father that turned threatening. "During the attempt to facilitate the repairs, modifications, and additions to the Mustang. I received many text messages and phone calls from Amber's father, Mr. David Heard. After the separation of Amber and Mr. Depp, Mr. Heard became very bitter towards Mr. Depp," he claimed.

During a phone call with Amber's dad he stated Mr. Heard said, "That f---ing piece of s--t is f---ing me too because I'm supposed to get 10% of the money and without it I can't produce the movie I was gunna make!" and "He is ruining my baby girl's career and blackballing her in Hollywood."

Accused Of Death Threat With Gun

He says Mr. Heard continued, "and when I get to him I'm going to beat the s--t out of him" and "I'm from Texas, and men from Texas carry 45's and Johnny is going to meet the f---ing end of mine!"

During the phone call, Killackey claimed, "I told Mr. Heard that it sounded to me like he was drunk, he said, "yeah, maybe I am and I'm going to shove the whiskey bottle up your a--!" I strongly advised him to stop making death threats about Johnny and threats of violence against me."

In the end, Killackey says he "reported what Mr. Heard had threatened advising him to report it to Mr. Depp's Attorney. He assured me that he would have been raised by a Deputy Sheriff homicide detective I knew to take such threats seriously."

Depp's Attorney Says It's All About Money

Johnny Depp's lawyer Adam Waldman says his client believes one of the main objectives was money.

"Mr. Killackey’s chilling first-hand experience with Amber Heard and her family exposes the motive behind Amber Heard’s abuse hoax - money. Money is why Amber Heard moved her sister and four other co-conspirators into Johnny Depp’s multimillion-dollar penthouses rent-free. Money is why Amber Heard chopped Mr. Depp’s finger off with a thrown vodka bottle the day his attorneys asked her to sign a post-nuptial agreement. "

He continues, "Money is why Amber Heard ambushed Mr. Depp with an abuse hoax the day he informed her he was divorcing her. Money is why Amber Heard’s PR/legal team sent Mr. Depp an extortion letter prior to placing her hoax on the cover of People Magazine. Money is why Amber Heard’s father threatened to kill Johnny Depp."

Depp vs. Heard Trial Gets Delayed

The defamation case in Virginia is set to go to trial in August of next year.

We reached out to Amber and her team, so far no comment about the threat.

But, according to Amber's attorney Roberta Kaplan, “By failing to produce:

(1) his medical records and other documents ordered by the Virginia court;

(2) documents his own U.K. counsel produced in his related case for defamation against The London Sun;

(3) relevant documents produced in his litigation with his former manager;

(4) a single relevant text or other communication with anyone on his staff; or

(5) any substantiation for the $50 million in damages he seeks from Ms. Heard."

She continued, "Mr. Depp has made it clear that his strategy is to try to run out the clock during the holiday season so that Ms. Heard is unable to obtain critical evidence and testimony to corroborate her defenses to the baseless defamation suit he filed against her. While Mr. Depp would like the trial to be a “he said/she said” contest of his own skills as an actor, Ms. Heard, who would prefer that the case be about the truth of what really happened, has asked the Court for a relatively brief two-month continuance to give her time to obtain the evidence that Mr. Depp has stubbornly resisted producing.”
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Granna

Unread post by Granna » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:30 pm

We all know that Kaplan will turn this into a PR stunt for the good for Amber Heard. Be prepared for some kind of of garbage. David Heard, is far from a stellar gentleman. He bailed Amber and sister, Yvonne, out of trouble all the time.

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:49 pm

You're right. This is disturbing but not surprising.:smh: :facepalm: Failure to produce the part of the agreement where he is supposed to be paying for her car repairs is just another display of the the manipulation attempts she does on people. I'm glad he didn't fall for her harassment and tricks.

Her father isn't surprising either. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Ruby Begonia

Unread post by Ruby Begonia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:25 am

Thanks for posting the text of The Blast article, Chocolat. Turns my stomach to think about the access these vulgar, greedy grifters had to generous JD.

I do love seeing Adam Waldman once again calling out People Magazine.

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:40 am

Ruby Begonia wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:25 am
Thanks for posting the text of The Blast article, Chocolat. Turns my stomach to think about the access these vulgar, greedy grifters had to generous JD.

I do love seeing Adam Waldman once again calling out People Magazine.

Thanks to the Mods for posting the full text from the link I added. :thanks!:
The Heard family certainly has a warped mindset for violence, intimidation, greed and lies, and it's finally been exposed.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Lbock

Unread post by Lbock » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 am

Brian posted the full declaration from the mechanic

Her dad wanted to kill him over the money he was losing. No concern at all his daughter claimed to be abused. Dad knew she wasn’t.

And her trying to get expensive work done on the car after they split claiming Depp agreed to pay. She claimed I think at one point JD was keeping her mustang from her and driving the black car. Now we know it was stuck in the shop with unpaid bills

Not to mention how she came on to the guy